S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=58964

Ben Browder: Mitchell's so different from me it's pathetic. He's so stoic, he drives me nuts. No, here's what drives me nuts is that Mitchell actually follows military protocol. When Landry comes in, Mitchell stands up. When Landry stands up, Mitchell stands up ... It's a good layer. It's a good texture. But as an actor you kind of want to go, "Why am I standing up just to have him make me sit down again." Landry stands up and Carter and I go standing up and you sort of go, "Well this is just crazy. Why are we doing this?"
    Bwahahahahahahaha! Explain to me his love of protocol?

And to be honest, considering Mitchell had the CMoH <<----- <mocks that lovely bit of contortion to make Mitchell worthy> <gag> they should all be standing up for him. Ooops.
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post

<snip>
      How is running off by yourself all the time ta be da Hewo following protocol?
      How is running off to snog the scientist while on duty following protocol?
      How is being a loud mouth and loudly prancing about when on patrol following protocol?
      How is being reckless and needlessly endangering your team following protocol?

I guess I saw different versions of the eps then ???
      -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
        How is running off by yourself all the time ta be da Hewo following protocol?
        How is running off to snog the scientist while on duty following protocol?
        How is being a loud mouth and loudly prancing about when on patrol following protocol?
        How is being reckless and needlessly endangering your team following protocol?

I guess I saw different versions of the eps then ???
        Yeah, so I guess if he felt he was even close to protocol we kind of now know why all the actual protocol went out the window. I wouldnt say mitchell was stoic or protocol driven. He seemed more emotion driven and subject to his own whims of the moment (or RCCs moment).

You know the standing up thing, is actually polite not just protocol...didnt his grandma ever tell him that?

God I miss the days when I watched this show and was amazed and impressed by how pro Carter and O'Neill looked. They at least made an effort to seem like they were in the military but I guess its because the actors didnt think it was such a bother.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Oh, another thing that really ticked me off: During those seasons TPTB went out of their way to edit Jack out of any "Previously on Stargate..." type of stuff. Ignorant jerks. You can't pretend Jack wasn't/isn't part of SG-1.
          Mac Jackson
          Singer/Songwriter of
          "Harmony Constant"
          [email protected]
          myspace.com/harmonyconstant
          youtube.com/MacWJack
          Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
          http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

Originally posted by Mac Jackson View Post
            Oh, another thing that really ticked me off: During those seasons TPTB went out of their way to edit Jack out of any "Previously on Stargate..." type of stuff. Ignorant jerks. You can't pretend Jack wasn't/isn't part of SG-1.
            They probably did that because RDA is a member of the Screen Actors Guild, and shows have to pay actors for any clips of them they reuse.

Comment

I would love it if it does happen Tammy. At the time I spoke to him he had yet to see the episode(being in Canada where Sci-Fi didn't air) and was shocked when I told him how the episode was edited. "Really? They filmed 1/2 hour or 45 mins worth dealing with all of that". It breaks my heart to think of what we should/could have seen.
              I truly don't disbelieve you, but I find it hard to believe that amount as filmed and not used. That's *a lot* of footage (and money!) to run over for time.

Well, perhaps the footage was meant for several eps.

suse
              Last edited by suse; 13 September 2008, 05:37 AM.
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

<snip>First of all there was no proper send off for Jack. Michael Shanks told me last year that there were scenes shot dealing with Jack getting promoted, finding out that he had to leave for the pentigon and the team breaking up(about 1/2 hour to 45 minites) that Cooper took out.<snip>
                WHA?! I hadn't heard this before?! And they cut that out??? A character we've followed and grown to care for close to a decade has scenes written, acted, and shot to give him a decent send off...and their cut out?????

Interesting that history almost repeated itself 2-years later...Sam didn't get a decent send off from Stargate: Atlantis either.

Both of those situations are wrong on *soooooo* many levels!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Well, that should be a question for one of the writers the next time they have the chance to ask them a question!
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post

And to be honest, considering Mitchell had the CMoH <<----- <mocks that lovely bit of contortion to make Mitchell worthy> <gag> they should all be standing up for him. Ooops.
                    that just goes to show how little they researched. the CMOH is not just handed out, and you wouldn't have sam, a lowly lt colonel tellilng mitch about it or giving it to her. Even if the mission is so secret that you can't have a public reception, you have a private little confab and the prez hands it out

there are a LOT of perks attached to the CMOH, none of which they ever accorded to mitch.

IMHO, the writers just grabbed the name of a medal and didn't take any time googling it..and apparantly neither did their military advisor - or maybe it wasn't in the script pages they slid under the door to the poor guy as he was locked in the supply closet
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      IMHO, the writers just grabbed the name of a medal and didn't take any time googling it..and apparantly neither did their military advisor - or maybe it wasn't in the script pages they slid under the door to the poor guy as he was locked in the supply closet
                      Yeah.
                      Sound of pounding on door.
                      "Noo! Not the Medal of Honor! Do you even know what that is?! Give him different one--I've got the list! And what about the rest of the pilots? And SG1? Hello? Anyone?"
                      Sounds of quiet sobbing from closet.

Comment

It does make you wonder, how they always had 'pride' in how they used an AF adviser and tried to follow thier advice
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                          Well, that should be a question for one of the writers the next time they have the chance to ask them a question!
                          Not a chance of that question being answered. it likely wouldn't even get passed on to them by the interviewer. :O

suse
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

actually I'm not surprised at all tptb cut Jack's send off out. There is a lot of footage that gets tossed when filming and it was blatantly obvious to me that tptb didn't want any of us to remember Jack after Cam was in place as "team leader."

It's obvious on this board even when newbies to season 9 and 10 ask...who's Jack?

Then, they have to catch the old seasons to find out. Jack's departure was so badly done that I recall being on a different board for season 9 premier and there was tons of posters asking what happened to Jack and Sam.

It's cringe worthy really. The show lost droves of viewers within a very short period of time and I wonder how many of those viewers ever came back. (The ratings show the drop)
                            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                              (The ratings show the drop)
                              They blame that on pirates and YouTube or iTunes. *shrug* Anything to dodge responsibility, y'know.
                              Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
                              http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                                it was blatantly obvious to me that tptb didn't want any of us to remember Jack after Cam was in place as "team leader."
                                That's really it right there. There was more of a reason that RDA left than his daughter. His production company pulled out as well.

Then, they have to catch the old seasons to find out. Jack's departure was so badly done that I recall being on a different board for season 9 premier and there was tons of posters asking what happened to Jack and Sam.
                                It was terribly done. I watched the last two seasons hoping for SOME mention of him or his relationship with Sam. And we got very little.

It's cringe worthy really. The show lost droves of viewers within a very short period of time and I wonder how many of those viewers ever came back. (The ratings show the drop)
                                I ended up only watching them on dvd. I had no desire to see them first run. The magic and camaraderie was gone after Jack left.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X