S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
    I've given out more 10/10 ratings this season than any other. "Dominion" is another classic example of how SG-1 just keeps getting better and better. Loved every moment of it.
    I agree. I mean, I've only watched season 1-2, 9-10 but this season is by far the best in my opinion I haven't enjoyed a season of television this much since "Firefly." Even when they misstep, I'm still pretty entertained.

Just out of curiosity, what are everyone's favorite episodes from this season? Mine would probably be "Momento Mori," "Bad Guys," and "The Quest Pt.2" but I could easily throw in "Line in the Sand," "Dominion," "200," "Unending"....wow, I've just named about half of the season haven't I? I even liked the somewhat unpopular "Uninvited" (my first re-introduction to the series since TPTB in season 9). The only ones that aren't super high on my list (but I still enjoy) are "Family Ties" and "The Road Not Taken."

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
      Great post. Cam was soo good on par with Quest 2 and I thought he is a great leader. I soo loved Vala in this ep we saw all of Vala in this ep loved Daniel and Sam too very very good ep.
      ITA. He really showed some strong leadership skills in this episode (like in "The Quest Pt.2" and "Line in the Sand"). It's interesting to see him in "Unending" after watching this episode

Quick question: We're getting an SG-1 marathon next week. What episodes are airing, does anyone know? All of them or just our "favorites"?

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

My favourites would be "Pegasus Project", "200", "Quest Pt. II", "The Road Not Taken", "Talion", and "Dominion".

Least favourites would be "Morpheus", "Memento Mori", and "Bounty".

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
          My favourites would be "Pegasus Project", "200", "Quest Pt. II", "The Road Not Taken", "Talion", and "Dominion".

Least favourites would be "Morpheus", "Memento Mori", and "Bounty".
          Aw, no love for MM? I'm a Vala fan (and a Daniel/Vala fan) so I pretty much love that episode.

Ah, "Pegasus Project". I have conflicted feelings over that one. I mean, it's a solid episode but it's never really hit anything with me. I can't explain it. It's on everyone's top 5 lists (or so it seems) but I would rank it in my bottom 5 Why? I don't know. It has action, it has good team interactions, it has DV and CS, it has the SGA cast....there's nothing wrong with it. I just can't seem to put my finger on what keeps me from completely enjoying this episode (don't get me wrong, I still like it....I just don't love it).

-Stef

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
            Aw, no love for MM? I'm a Vala fan (and a Daniel/Vala fan) so I pretty much love that episode.

Ah, "Pegasus Project". I have conflicted feelings over that one. I mean, it's a solid episode but it's never really hit anything with me. I can't explain it. It's on everyone's top 5 lists (or so it seems) but I would rank it in my bottom 5 Why? I don't know. It has action, it has good team interactions, it has DV and CS, it has the SGA cast....there's nothing wrong with it. I just can't seem to put my finger on what keeps me from completely enjoying this episode (don't get me wrong, I still like it....I just don't love it).
            I love Vala. And I love Daniel. And I think they make a great team but I loathe ship, and all in all just didn't feel the love for the episode. As for Pegasus Project- that one is my favourite of the season. And it might make my top five of the series. It was a truly well-thought out and executed cross over episode, that went well beyond my high expectations with so much wonderful team interaction between our team, and with the Atlatnis group. It was basically this Stargate fangirl's ultimate drool-worthy episode.

Comment

I love Vala. And I love Daniel. And I think they make a great team but I loathe ship, and all in all just didn't feel the love for the episode. As for Pegasus Project- that one is my favourite of the season. And it might make my top five of the series. It was a truly well-thought out and executed cross over episode, that went well beyond my high expectations with so much wonderful team interaction between our team, and with the Atlatnis group. It was basically this Stargate fangirl's ultimate drool-worthy episode.
              Ah, shipping. I won't lie to you, I get into shows because of ships (and I stick around longer than I should for some shows because of them) That's not to say that I want them to take over, they're just nice little additions that I enjoy getting invested in and seeing evolve over the course of the series.

I agree with you about PP, hence why I don't understand my reluctance towards it.

A favorite screen cap:

-Stef
              Last edited by Stef; 16 June 2007, 12:20 AM.

Comment

hey everyone! One exam down, 3 to go lol

WOW favourite eps of the season. I could name half the season but i would have to give a special mention to PP, 200, Quest pt2, LitS, Talion and Unending.

Anyway...back to studying!
                sigpic
                By *E*K*R*

Comment

My favorite episodes are: "Dominion" and "Talion" (Still haven't decided which one I like more; "Dominion is simply first due to alphabetical order ).

My least favorite episodes are: "Family Ties" and "Bounty".

Comment

wow, everyone really likes Dominion. I watched it late one night from skyone and I just don't remember a lot. I loved the first part where Vala feels she has been deserted by her friends... I'm going to watch it again. Hope it is one those episodes that everytime you watch you find more things. Thanks all for the recommendations.
                    Spoiler:

She seems really drunk during this part?
                    Made by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by valaareyn View Post
                      wow, everyone really likes Dominion. I watched it late one night from skyone and I just don't remember a lot. I loved the first part where Vala feels she has been deserted by her friends... I'm going to watch it again. Hope it is one those episodes that everytime you watch you find more things. Thanks all for the recommendations.
                      Spoiler:

She seems really drunk during this part?
                      It's worth seeing again it is one of the seasons best.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

My Favourites for this season
                        The Quest, Pegasus Project, Line in the Sand, The Road not Taken, Unending and 200
                        My least Favourites
                        Family Ties and Talion

(I could have added the whole season to "My favourites")
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post
                          Dominion
                          Spoiler:

I can't gush enough about this ep. All the performances, all the writing.... i just wish the arc could've gone over more eps, a bit like the shroud. the only flaw I've found in it is a slightly rushed first act.
                          Me, too... I realized, when it was over, that I wasn't completely satisfied with it. The performances were incredible! I just love seeing Claudia and Morena working together, and the plot was AWESOME! Great writing and execution (the lighting was fantastic!!!) as well, but when I thought about it, I realized that it just wasn't quite long enough. Felt like it shoulda been an hour-and-a-half, like Threads. I'm giving it a 10.

Originally posted by valaareyn View Post
                          Dominion Pic Run
                          But you forgot some of the yummiest pix:

Spoiler:

Kinda obsessive, I know, but hey, my avatar shoulda given that away.

Comment

Ooh, completely forgot to mention that in my initial reaction post- so much happened in the episode!
                            Spoiler:
                            I loved that they brought the Tok'ra back, I honestly didn't expect that we'd ever see them again, so it was really nice to be wrong on that count.
                            Also love that they mentioned
                            Spoiler:
                            remembering Vala as Katesh I kept waiting for her to bring up how one of the Tok'ra removed Katesh from her and that was why she didn't want to watch the surgery, so I was a bit disappointed that they didn't use it. I was also a bit disappointed that Vala was completely quashing her feelings for Adria... at least to Daniel. She's gotta know by now that she can come clean with him. At least tell him that you want to feel nothing for her. That "not really family" line just killed me... and Adria, too, it seems

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                            Quick question: We're getting an SG-1 marathon next week. What episodes are airing, does anyone know? All of them or just our "favorites"?

-Stef
                            Just "favorites" which means all the same freakin' eps that they show every time they have an SG-1 marathon I wish skiffy would just grab a few random eps from each season and show them in chronological order. Have some freakin' backbone!

Comment

Ah, time for "favorite eps of season 10" again...

Hmmm... LOVELOVELOVE Dominion, but still love 200 (crack up every time I see it ), Pegasus Project (love the teamwork and the humor), Memento Mori (I'm a sucker for shippy moments, too, but I like the Vala-centric eps, too), The Quest (both parts), Line in the Sand, Bounty ('cause I loved all the Cam at home stuff... especially with Vala tagging along! ), and I even think that Bad Guys and Family Ties had some outstanding moments, so I can't count them out. What is that? *counts* Half the season? Yup, I'm hopeless... but then it was a GREAT season... and I haven't even seen Unending yet! I'm sure that will be added to the list, too.

Comment

Wow! Just saw the poll for Dominion:

1 - Terrible 4 1 %
                                2 1 0 %
                                3 3 1 %
                                4 3 1 %
                                5 - Fair 4 1 %
                                6 2 1 %
                                7 9 3 %
                                8 22 6 %
                                9 50 14 %
                                10 - Outstanding 255 72 %