S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    IMO you have to be nuts to vote anything less than 10 for this ep but thats just me.
    I gave it a 10. So that proves I'm not insane, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
      I gave it a 10. So that proves I'm not insane, right?
      Same here. But me, sane? No way.

Really though, everyone views things differently. If they feel for some reason the ep only deserved a 1 rating in their opinion, so be it. I'm just glad that, apparently, not many have felt that way about "Dominion".
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Stargate on the Big Screen *melts into a puddle*
        I would have loved to see Maybourne this season *sighs* i miss him
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
          Me too, Maybourne is one of my favourite recurring characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
            Definately a GREAT adversary! Not quite a good guy, but not really a bad guy either... I love those indefinable characters. But after "It's Good to be King", it woulda been kinda difficult to bring him back Don't know how he would have been able to help with the Ori.

Re: season 10 in general -- I LOVE how they managed to weave the Goa'uld into the Ori story! First with Nerus, then Ba'al (and the multiple Ba'als ) and then really intertwining Ba'al with the Ori via Adria.

They've really managed to bring in a lot of elements from the stand-alone eps, too. The memory device from CD, the "anti-Prior gun" from 4th Horseman, and Merlin's device from Arthur's Mantle... and they remembered to up loose ends like the Sodan, too. Season 10 just rocked

Comment

^ ITA Neelan. I thought they made much better use of Baal this year than last. And the Merlin's device one just ran and ran, and turned into a major plot. I loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post
                ^ ITA Neelan. I thought they made much better use of Baal this year than last. And the Merlin's device one just ran and ran, and turned into a major plot. I loved it.
                ITA. I've just been watching all of the season 9 episodes recently (I finally gave in and bought the DVDs). Ba'al's episodes seemed pretty weak to me...although it's funny because my friend and I thought his plan to fight the Ori in "Stronghold" was pretty reasonable...except for the whole brainwashing thing. This season really made me like the character though. I think they did a better job of integrating him into the Ori storyline. In season 9, he seemed to have like 5 different things going on whereas in season 10, he had one major goal/drive.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

IMO, this season did so many things right. Season 10 really has done justice to this show that has been on for so many years. And it will all culminate this Friday night with what is, IMO, a wonderful ending to this show.

Those who haven't seen "Unending" are in for a real treat. At least, I sure think so. It is definitely one that can bring both laughter and some tears.

One thing is for certain though. This show may be ending, but it will always go on in my heart. I've been a loyal, proud fan of SG-1 for it's entire 10 seasons. That is something that will not change just because it is ending.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

^ nicely said

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                    Me too, Maybourne is one of my favourite recurring characters.
                    Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                    Definately a GREAT adversary! Not quite a good guy, but not really a bad guy either... I love those indefinable characters. But after "It's Good to be King", it woulda been kinda difficult to bring him back Don't know how he would have been able to help with the Ori.

Hes awesome and a great laugh! I agree It would have been difficult to bring him back this season, especially because since Jacks no longer around, and those two went so good together

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
                    Re: season 10 in general -- I LOVE how they managed to weave the Goa'uld into the Ori story! First with Nerus, then Ba'al (and the multiple Ba'als ) and then really intertwining Ba'al with the Ori via Adria.
                    I thought they did a really good job by tying one into the other, and it was successful! Its alot harder to tie the Ori and the Goauld together than something like the Replicaters and the Goa'uld.

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                    In season 9, he seemed to have like 5 different things going on whereas in season 10, he had one major goal/drive.
                    Yes your right, i think thats one of the reasons why i enjoyed his character alot more this season..even though i loved him in S9, i thought he was brilliant in S10!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      Those who haven't seen "Unending" are in for a real treat. At least, I sure think so. It is definitely one that can bring both laughter and some tears.
                      ITA. I've only been watching for the past year but I thought that the ending really did justice to the most important aspect of the show: the team. This episode was really about these 6 people and how they interact, how theire relationships may change or grow. I loved seeing all of the different moments. I thought it was beautifully done and really a great way to end the series. I've become so used to GRAND endings that this one was so surprisingly different for me It's one of my favorite series finales (and I've watched quite a few).

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

What I think I loved about Unending was similar to Stef:
                        Spoiler:

As much as I love action packed, this ep had it, and more. It was all about the dynamics between the team - it gave such space to the actors. And also, it gave a tiny insight into what they do when not on missions, etc., which I always wanted to see more of Eps where they went to characters' houses and things were always fun for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
                          ITA. I've only been watching for the past year but I thought that the ending really did justice to the most important aspect of the show: the team. This episode was really about these 6 people and how they interact, how theire relationships may change or grow. I loved seeing all of the different moments. I thought it was beautifully done and really a great way to end the series. I've become so used to GRAND endings that this one was so surprisingly different for me It's one of my favorite series finales (and I've watched quite a few).
                          Glad to hear that about it- only two days to go! *shudders*

#8000!

Comment

Congrats on 8000, Trek Girl! That's a huge number :O

Comment

All I have to say about Dominion is wow. It was deffinitely a great ep, probably a 9.5 from me, only because I wish they had done more with Vala's artificial memories. This has deffinitely been a great season, 200, Line in the Sand, Quest, Dominion all great eps.

Comment

Originally posted by JDB View Post
                                All I have to say about Dominion is wow. It was deffinitely a great ep, probably a 9.5 from me, only because I wish they had done more with Vala's artificial memories.
                                Ditto. That was a such a great plot point, and it's a shame that they didn't have the time to elaborate on it- it felt forgotten once the episode was half over, but that's really the only thing that marked this ep down for me, the rest was fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X