No announcement yet.

S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TALION!?!?!?!?!?!? (am shocked Rhi! lol)

See I thought that was one of the best of the season. While Morpheus and Family Ties were my least favourite.

I can't beleive its soo near the end for you guys and girls over there! Luckily Oz won get s10 for a while (IF AT ALL CHANNEL 7) so it wont actually feel like the end. Even though Ive already got the eps.......
    sigpic
    By *E*K*R*

Comment

You know, I actually was expecting to just shrug off "Talion" because I'm honestly not a huge Teal'c fan (I like him in team stuff, I just don't need a whole episode about him). Having said that, I actually enjoyed the episode. No, it isn't one of my favorites, but it was enjoyable to watch and it let me see a side of Teal'c I hadn't really seen before.

As for "Family Ties," definitely my least favorite episode of the season. Like you poundpuppy, I did appreciate the Sam/Vala moments as well as seeing the team looking after Vala. There were definitely some funny beats, but the story overall seemed to be a bit lacking. Of course, Vala being my favorite character, I hyped up this episode a bit in my head....I'm sure that didn't help

In general, the only episode that I honestly wouldn't give more than 6 stars was "Family Ties." Everything else was good in my book. I rarely enjoy a season of any show as consistantly as I enjoyed this one.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
        Of course, Vala being my favorite character, I hyped up this episode a bit in my head....I'm sure that didn't help

-Stef
        That is exactly why I avoid spoilers... don't want to build up my own hype for any ep.

*runs back to corner to avoid Dominion & Unending spoilers*

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor View Post
          *runs back to corner to avoid Dominion & Unending spoilers*
          Right there with you!

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, I read every spoiler I could for these last two episodes and I was still pleasantly surprised

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              Right there with you!
              I'm right behind both of you. Feel free to hit me, though, if I wander out in search of spoilers in a moment of weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                I'm right behind both of you. Feel free to hit me, though, if I wander out in search of spoilers in a moment of weakness.
                Better yet, we'll arm ourselves with zats, and whoever goes spoiler searching gets a shock.

Comment

Better yet, we'll arm ourselves with zats, and whoever goes spoiler searching gets a shock.
                  Just as long as you avoid shooting me twice.

Comment

Just as long as you avoid shooting me twice.
                    Then don't search for spoilers!

Is anyone else having a really hard time believing that in two weeks, SG-1 will really be over? It feels weird.

Comment

Is anyone else having a really hard time believing that in two weeks, SG-1 will really be over? It feels weird.
                      It doesn't seem like it's really going to be over. It's been around so dang long, it feels like there has to be at least another season. And yet, you know there isn't. It's an odd feeling.

Comment

Must resist spoilers, must resist spoilers.

Comment

It doesn't seem like it's really going to be over. It's been around so dang long, it feels like there has to be at least another season. And yet, you know there isn't. It's an odd feeling.
                          I know what you mean- I haven't been watching from the beginning, however, just stepping back and looking at long it's gone, there's this feeling that it should just keep on going. The fact that it's actually going to be over is quite surreal. Thank goodness for movies.

Keep telling yourself that JDB. Repitition helps.

Comment

I know what you mean- I haven't been watching from the beginning, however, just stepping back and looking at long it's gone, there's this feeling that it should just keep on going. The fact that it's actually going to be over is quite surreal. Thank goodness for movies.
                            I must admit, I haven't been watching from the start, either. Close to it, but not quite. I'm glad that Season 10 isn't the end. I can take some comfort in the fact that we're getting two movies and hopefully more.

*Waves fist at Sci-fi*

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                            Keep telling yourself that JDB. Repitition helps.
                            See, you'd think that, wouldn't you? I find that just forgetting about them altogether is much more effective. If you keep repeating those lines, you still have spoilers on your mind and I find that it is easier to fall prey to the spoilers of doom.

Comment

Even though I've already seen the last two episodes, it is still hitting me about SG-1 ending on Sci-Fi. I've watched this show since Season 1, and have been loyal since. It's going to be hard knowing it isn't on anymore.

But, like others have stated, at least we still have the movies to look forward to. That is kind of like the light at the end of the tunnel.

One thing is for certain, at least IMO. I don't think any of you will be disappointed in the last two episodes of this show. I know I wasn't. And I can't wait to enjoy them all over again.

LONG LIVE STARGATE SG-1!!!!!!!!
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                Even though I've already seen the last two episodes, it is still hitting me about SG-1 ending on Sci-Fi. I've watched this show since Season 1, and have been loyal since. It's going to be hard knowing it isn't on anymore.

But, like others have stated, at least we still have the movies to look forward to. That is kind of like the light at the end of the tunnel.
                                And in addition to the movies, we have 10 awesome seasons to watch and watch again and... well, you get the point. How many fans for other shows get to say that? I don't appreciate Sci-fi jipping us a few seasons but we do have a lot to be thankful for.

Originally posted by the fifth man
                                One thing is for certain, at least IMO. I don't think any of you will be disappointed in the last two episodes of this show. I know I wasn't. And I can't wait to enjoy them all over again.
                                I doubt I will be disappointed. Season 10 has been incredible and I don't expect "Dominion" and "Unending" to be any different.

Originally posted by the fifth man
                                LONG LIVE STARGATE SG-1!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X