S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    Well, tomorrow night "Dominion" airs here in the states. What a great episode too. I can't wait until Friday night.
    Yup, agree with you on that Definitely a stand-out episode from this season. I'd suspect people who haven't liked the last 4 episodes or so will probably will probably see this as SG-1 back in true form (of course, I liked "Bounty," "Bad Guys," and "Talion"). Some really good moments...especially for Vala.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
      Yup, agree with you on that Definitely a stand-out episode from this season. I'd suspect people who haven't liked the last 4 episodes or so will probably will probably see this as SG-1 back in true form (of course, I liked "Bounty," "Bad Guys," and "Talion"). Some really good moments...especially for Vala.
      Didn't think that SG-1 was out of form for the last few eps- but they didn't really need four standalones in a row..... Bounty was pretty weak, and Family Ties also not strong, but I really liked Bad Guys and loved Talion.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
        Didn't think that SG-1 was out of form for the last few eps- but they didn't really need four standalones in a row..... Bounty was pretty weak, and Family Ties also not strong, but I really liked Bad Guys and loved Talion.
        I agree. I enjoyed the non-Ori episodes but you're right, I think they should have tried to spread them out more or cut one out one and add a more Ori-heavy story (I would have gotten rid of FT, personally). I think some people got irritated that we didn't get a follow-up to the events of "The Shroud" for four weeks, which is understandable. I still loved "Bad Guys" and enjoyed "Talion" and "Bounty" so I can't complain. Besides, I wasn't in any rush knowing that they would be making a movie that wrapped up that storyline.

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I agree. I enjoyed the non-Ori episodes but you're right, I think they should have tried to spread them out more or cut one out one and add a more Ori-heavy story (I would have gotten rid of FT, personally). I think some people got irritated that we didn't get a follow-up to the events of "The Shroud" for four weeks, which is understandable. I still loved "Bad Guys" and enjoyed "Talion" and "Bounty" so I can't complain. Besides, I wasn't in any rush knowing that they would be making a movie that wrapped up that storyline.
          I know what you mean- I'm not in a rush simpley because of the fact that once it's over, it's over, no more episodes. Which makes me eternally grateful to myself for not "aquiring" the eps after they came out in the UK. I want to have something to look forward to for as long as possible (which is now one more week). In fact, I suspect that when "Unending" airs, it will be with great reluctance that I watch it.

Comment

-Stef
            I loved those eps but they are stand alones, which was done because of scifi's cancellation. Dominion is a great episode I hope alot tune in.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

someone somewhere will still find it crap of course.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                someone somewhere will still find it crap of course.
                Of course! In fact I'm betting that more than one person will.

But really, would we have it any other way?

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                  Of course! In fact I'm betting that more than one person will.

But really, would we have it any other way?
                  Then it's be just the s10 thread, and we wouldn't have to wear PRO on our sleeves. What fun would that be?

Dominion
                  Spoiler:

I can't gush enough about this ep. All the performances, all the writing.... i just wish the arc could've gone over more eps, a bit like the shroud. the only flaw I've found in it is a slightly rushed first act.

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post
                    Then it's be just the s10 thread, and we wouldn't have to wear PRO on our sleeves. What fun would that be?

Dominion
                    Spoiler:

I can't gush enough about this ep. All the performances, all the writing.... i just wish the arc could've gone over more eps, a bit like the shroud. the only flaw I've found in it is a slightly rushed first act.
                    Agreed. Hey mabey someone needs to make jacket patches that say "pro season10".
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Kales View Post

Dominion
                      Spoiler:

No fun at all. Besides, there always has to be two sides. If everyone enjoyed this or any SG episode, the world might actually come to an end.

As for "Dominion", definitely a stellar episode. IMO, those who haven't seen it yet are in for a real treat tomorrow night (well, most anyways).
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Agreed I did feel like the story was a little rushed towards the end but it honestly doesn't stop me from praising the episode as a whole. Besides, we'll be getting follow-up and a proper conclusion in the AoT. "Dominion" has some truly wonderful moments and I really like the first act, it's so sad Definitely a stand-out from a great season.

-Stef

Comment

I loved Dominion, it was a brilliant episode! i just thought it was going to be better, but i was still thoroughly impressed!

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          Agreed. Hey mabey someone needs to make jacket patches that say "pro season10".
                          Oooooo i would, *raises hand* but i can't sew hehehehe...

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          No fun at all. Besides, there always has to be two sides. If everyone enjoyed this or any SG episode, the world might actually come to an end.
                          sigpic

Comment

^ I sort of feel the same way. I thought it was going to be completely different than what it was. But I still loved the ep. In fact I just finished watching it again.

I didnt notice this before but did anyone else notice that they used stock footage from
                            Spoiler:
                            'The Serpent's Lair' when Carter shot the two jaffa running up the hall?
                            Last edited by Gen_J_O'Neill; 15 June 2007, 02:35 AM.
                            sigpic
                            By *E*K*R*

Comment

^ Apparently i didn't, now i've gotta watch it again!
                              sigpic

Comment

Dominion was a great ep- I hadn't the faintest clue what to expect so I was surprised by pretty much all of it!

I LOVE what happened to Adria
                                Spoiler:
                                The Ba'al symbiote was implanted! Too bad we couldn't have that for more than one episode, cause that would have been very fun.

Parts did feel a bit rushed-

Spoiler:
                                Such as Vala's memory issue- now that would have been a great as a whole episode unto itself, but it was resolved in two minutes and not mentioned again.

which I think is something that a number of episodes from this season have sufferred from, but all in all, no real complaints about this one, and now just six more days to go until the end.....

Comment

Working...
                                X