No announcement yet.

S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm like still in shock from "Talion". In a good way, not the bad. Though, that's probably obvious from the fact that I'm posting here and not the Anti-Season 10 thread. Easily the best Teal'c episode ever. Not to mention, "Talion" clinches a spot in my top 5 list. Yes, in case you couldn't tell, I loved it. Might even have to watch this first when I acquire my Season 10 DVD set. And, I'll stop now.

Did I mention that I loved this episode? Ok, I'm done now. I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
      So I'm like still in shock from "Talion". In a good way, not the bad. Though, that's probably obvious from the fact that I'm posting here and not the Anti-Season 10 thread. Easily the best Teal'c episode ever. Not to mention, "Talion" clinches a spot in my top 5 list. Yes, in case you couldn't tell, I loved it. Might even have to watch this first when I acquire my Season 10 DVD set. And, I'll stop now.

Top 5 list -WOW! That's great. It was one kick-ass episode.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I do have to agree that it was easily the best Teal'c episode of the entire series. And such a departure from the norm!

Spoiler:
        That scene where Teal'c put the bomb in the guy's symbiote pouch. Wow. I never thought that that would be something we'd get on Stargate.

And the bad guys didn't have bad aim!

And Teal'c won the fight on pretty much a fluke!

What a fantastic episode, I was so plesently surprised. It basically took nearly all the cliches that Stargate does have a tendancy to fall back on, and threw them away. I was very very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          Top 5 list -WOW! That's great. It was one kick-ass episode.
          Maybe I'm strange like that, but yep, top 5 it is. I almost feel bad that I had to kick "The Torment of Tantalus" down a notch. Almost.

Comment

Maybe I'm strange like that, but yep, top 5 it is. I almost feel bad that I had to kick "The Torment of Tantalus" down a notch. Almost.
            Nothing strange about it. Your list is your list. Do as you please with it.

I'd definitely place this one among my Top 20.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
              Spoiler:

And Teal'c won the fight on pretty much a fluke!
              Spoiler:
              That was not a fluke. That was a well placed hit/kick/whatever you want to call it thing brought on by Arkad rubbing in his 'victory'. When will the bad guys ever learn?

Comment

Nothing strange about it. Your list is your list. Do as you please with it.
                So it is. I'd fear for my life saying that in the "Talion" thread, though.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  That was not a fluke. That was a well placed hit/kick/whatever you want to call it thing brought on by Arkad rubbing in his 'victory'. When will the bad guys ever learn?
                  heh
                  Spoiler:
                  Don't leave sharp instruments hanging on the wall in your fighting room. Actually, anyone with a brain wouldn't have kept those axes there.....sharp points faceing outward where anyone who was victim of a strong kick could have been impaled.....

So it is. I'd fear for my life saying that in the "Talion" thread, though.
                  Why, is there episode bashing happening there? Haven't looked.....

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Don't leave sharp instruments hanging on the wall in your fighting room. Actually, anyone with a brain wouldn't have kept those axes there.....sharp points faceing outward where anyone who was victim of a strong kick could have been impaled.....
                    Spoiler:
                    Nobody ever said Arkad was smart. Though, that must have been fun. Getting impaled and then having Teal'c drive his sword through you.

Originally posted by Trek_Girel42
                    Why, is there episode bashing happening there? Haven't looked.....
                    No idea. I rarely visit them. I fear negative comments too.

Comment

[SPOILER]
                      No idea. I rarely visit them. I fear negative comments too.
                      I could care less about negative comments. I like what I like, and nothing will change that. Others are perfectly entitled to their opinions, and I just ignore them if I am in disagreement or am offended in any way.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Spoiler:
                        It was indeed well-placed.

And if they did learn, what would be the fun in that?
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Nobody ever said Arkad was smart. Though, that must have been fun. Getting impaled and then having Teal'c drive his sword through you.
                          Balloons and cuddley kittens fun.

Comment

I could care less about negative comments. I like what I like, and nothing will change that. Others are perfectly entitled to their opinions, and I just ignore them if I am in disagreement or am offended in any way.
                            I indeed respect the opinions of others. If they choose not to like an episode that is their choice. That doesn't mean I have to read their negative comments. At least, that's what the voices tell me.

Originally posted by the fifth man
                            And if they did learn, what would be the fun in that?
                            Good point. But, you'd think there'd be like a book or something out on that...

Comment

I indeed respect the opinions of others. If they choose not to like an episode that is their choice. That doesn't mean I have to read their negative comments. At least, that's what the voices tell me.

Good point. But, you'd think there'd be like a book or something out on that...
                              Maybe he wasn't in the book club.

Or missed the memo.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Balloons and cuddley kittens fun.
                                Come on. I'm typing up a post and this appears. It's like you want to jack up my post count.

Spoiler:
                                I am, however, sure that is what Arkad was thinking before his death.

Comment

Working...
                                X