This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
    So, you SERIOUSLY did this? And you SERIOUSLY think there's a chance of Sam/Cam? Seriously?

You seriously don't think that the plot and what was happening required Sam and Cam to be together more than with the others, and that it was all a plot by TPTB to push Sam/Cam? Or that TPTB's admitted liking for D/V required them to be together even without the plot?

I'm not even going to bother arguing about this further but...

Seriously?

Chuckling as I go off to make sure TiVo is recording SG1...
    Thank you, you said exactly what I want to say only way better and welcome back, I really misses your insightful posts and fanfics.
    sigpic

Comment

Seriously-isn't this the pro Sam/Jack ship thread? Why is there so much argument that they are not together? If you believe that, then post somewhere else that has that philosophy. For me...they are so together and have been since Threads.

Home/kids OT
      Spoiler:
      I've been suffering from a toothache the last couple of days and last night was really bad. Of course the dentist was closed this afternoon. When I got home, my youngest had 102.7 temp. The pediatrician took her in despite being closed and she has strep. It's been lovely. And we were in the high 30's today!
      sigpic
      Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
        Apologies for the repost...but seriously I love this picture too. Mala is very clever. She also has one of the wedding with Jack in uniform.

Have to say I had a bit of an S4 marathon given I'm about to embark on the remaining Aftershocks for S4 starting with WoO.

That last scene with Jack just looking at Sam, bubbling over with the joy and wonder of kissing her, always puts a smile on my face.
        I can't wait to read your Aftershock fic. I love them and can't wait for the aftershock for WoO. you've done a great job, please keep it up.

Edit: a little encouragement for you Rachel
        WoO wallpaper:
        Spoiler:
        Last edited by O'Neill_Carter; 18 January 2008, 03:00 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Meriwyn View Post
          BAH! And here I was getting my hopes up haha. DAMN good manip though! Wow! You fooled me!

That's an absolutely horrible veil though, not that that's Mala's fault LOL.
          uh i agree, i don't like veils at all though. don't think they suit sam especially. she doesn't seem like the type to go for it.
          sigpic
          http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
          http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
            It is. And that's the point, Karibou. Cooper has been wanting to do something like this from day 1 of season 9. This whole Sam/Cam thing reminds me of that Martouf near-kiss in The Ripple Effect. It is exactly the same thing- designed to stir up buzz about what's going on with Sam and Jack. My impression has been that Cooper is not a big S/J shipper, or that he even cares much for RDA. This is all about generating buzz and- hey it's working, isn't it?

In my wildest hopes I think they shot this scene to get the whole S/J thing back on the radar screen for the non-shippers. To surprise us all in Continuum. A shipper can dream, right?
            Thank you. It's nice to know I'm not alone in feeling like this was intentional.

Spoiler:
            I think the thing which bothered me most about the stupid Sam-Cam scene wasn't Sam's hair, clothes and makeup. (Though why the heck she was on-base and out-of-uniform is beyond me. We rarely, if ever, saw that before now.) It wasn't the bag of cookies -- which could, indeed, just be a friendly gesture. It wasn't even the kiss, which we've seen Sam impart on both Daniel and Teal'c. It was two things -- One: the music. They had romantic, sweet, SHIP music going. Not friendly. Not sentimental. Just shippy. Period. And Two: the closeup on Cam's face. It was filmed so that he was perfectly still and almost holding his breath when she kissed him. There was this pause when the cameras focused on his reaction, CLEARLY conveying (or trying to convey) sexual tension.

Don't get me wrong -- in no way do I think TPTB are actually aiming to get Sam and Cam together. I really, truly agree with what you just said. They're yanking our chains yet again because they can. I'm not irritated by the scene so much as the intentions behind it. I can live with vague innuendos and veiled S-J ship references. But, since they refuse to put it into cannon, why the heck do they feel the need to further torture us by waving a Sam-Cam moment in front of us?

You know, I was one of those folks who actually liked ripple effect. I felt TPTB were laughing WITH us on that one. It was so blatantly referencing S-J ship without actually doing so, it felt like an inside joke. AoT, however,
            Spoiler:
            feels more... I don't know... mean? Like -- "Hey! Ya know what would really irritate the crap out of those pesky shippers? Let's throw a scene which reeks of ship between Sam and Cam and see what they do. Perhaps the pictures don't do it justice. In March, when it airs, I suspect there will be more grumping from the shipper peanut gallery.

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
            AOT:
            Spoiler:
            As upset as some folks are by that scene between Cam and Sam, I suspect the scenes between Tollin (nm?) and Vala was worth for the D/Vers.
            And don't get me started on the poor things all the SGA shippers have been through.

So, really, we don't have it THAT bad by being completely ignored since being given a vague resolution. Comparatively.
            True. But...
            Spoiler:
            Vala does tell Tollin that she can't be with him at the end of the movie, which is at least somewhat soothing. Of course, the D/V shippers really got screwed in the series finale with the "erase fifty years of our lives" crap!

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
            What a joke.
            Spoiler:
            Sam and Cam will also be attached at the hip in Continuum. TPTB can shove it!
            This is what I am very, very afraid of. Very afraid.

Positive thinking is good... so pardon me if I sound like a lead balloon. But I'm irritated. It'll pass -- it always does. But if anyone who's shipped for 10 years tries to tell me that they AREN'T periodically irritated by TPTB's games with us, then I think you're... well... either a saint or lying through your teeth, LOL!
            -Kari

My Fanfiction -- I love reviews!

Comment

Caption spoilered for length. Warning, Antis may not like this...

Spoiler:

I haven't said yes.
              And yet, you haven't said no.
              I told them I needed to think about it.
              And?
              That was two weeks ago.
              Ah!
              You know, all these years I've been concentrating on work I just assumed that one day I would…

Have a favorite TV Show?
              Yeah. And now it comes down to it, I don't know. I mean, every time we watch, we risk not enjoying the show. Is it fair to put myself through that?
              It is just a TV Show, I think you could handle it.
              What about ships?
              What about 'em?

Do I root for the first one to come along? What if it takes a turn for the worse? What if one part of the ship starts dating someone else? What if I don't enjoy the show anymore?
              Carter, there are people on this base who have favorite ships.
              What about you? If things had been different and you didn't enjoy the Simpsons anymore…

I wouldn't be on SimpsonsWorld.net.

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post

Spoiler:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...FINITY_368.jpg
                I haven't said yes.
                And?
                That was two weeks ago.
                Ah!
                You know, all these years I've been concentrating on work I just assumed that one day I would…

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...FINITY_354.jpg
                Have a favorite TV Show?
                Yeah. And now it comes down to it, I don't know. I mean, every time we watch, we risk not enjoying the show. Is it fair to put myself through that?
                What about ships?
                What about 'em?

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...FINITY_342.jpg
                Do I root for the first one to come along? What if it takes a turn for the worse? What if one part of the ship starts dating someone else? What if I don't enjoy the show anymore?
                What about you? If things had been different and you didn't enjoy the Simpsons anymore…

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...FINITY_397.jpg
                Virtual green for you Seahen! That was priceless!
                sigpic
                Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Spoiler:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...FINITY_368.jpg
                  I haven't said yes.
                  And?
                  That was two weeks ago.
                  Ah!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...FINITY_354.jpg
                  Have a favorite TV Show?
                  What about ships?
                  What about 'em?

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...FINITY_342.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...FINITY_397.jpg
                  Oh, boy. That was great. As for AoT,
                  Spoiler:
                  I'm sure that particular scene will be seen in many different ways and there will be many different opinions...as they say, it's all in the eye of the beholder, right?

Comment

Seahan, brilliant! I would green you if I could, but I seem to be all out Or I have to spread it around or something *sigh*

Comment

Sorry, but I've got the prevailing crud right now(fever, temp., cough, did I say cough?) and the meds aren't exactly making my brain sharp, but am I to understand that the
                      Spoiler:
                      Sam-Cam scene is the last in the movie? Did someone say that? I don't like that. Brother-sister or not, to end the movie with an affectionate scene with sappy music turns me off. That is, if it is the last scene. And now I know what hoochie-mama hair is, though I think it looks okay. What's her hair like in AoT otherwise?
                      Cough.

Comment

Hi shippers!

I do.

That's okay. I'm fully qualified to build my own. Thanks.
                        ROFL!!!!

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                        It was from the Serpent's Venom - season 4. This is the original Promo shot
                        Spoiler:
                        I sure do, one of my favouriteset moments

I bet she was thinking "Holy...! OMG it shouldn't feel so good to have his head there. Breathe, just breathe> I really hope he takes a very good looong look at the underbelly of this mine."

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                        I just thought that if they were having a really good time he would be hopping out without the boxers!!
                        *Envisions Zoser's image* THUNK! *picks self up off floor*

Yup! I totally agree with you on this!!

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                        I'm glad to see there's a little reality check going on here. Thank you, people. I thought I was going to have to bug out of this place for awhile....
                        I'm going to grin all day at that one.
                        EDIT: On the other hand...maybe I'll check back later...

EDIT 2: You know...I mean, I understand frustration...we've all been there. And the ocassional rant is fine...who understands better than the people here? But once the point's been made, let's not drive it into the ground, FCOL...this is supposed to be the "PRO-Sam/Jack Ship" thread, not the "Why the Hell don't TPTB write the show the way I want it?" thread. I'm sure there's room in the GW forum for one of those, if it doesn't already exist. May I suggest that some of this discussion move in that direction?
                        Good suggestion!

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                        Sam/Cam??? As in ship?

Ohh pullease. Did we forget about (spoiler for Atlantis S4) ...

I love your new sig Jann!!
                        Strangely Lies, I think some people have forgotten about this. Personally I keep it firmly in mind coz IMHO this is NOT subtle....it is a blatant sign!!!!!!!

I think there's a difference between constantly being negative and having a negative thought. For example, every once in a while, I see a positive post from you VSS.

Personally, I just think it's pointless to get all outraged at what may, or may not be in a movie(s) that hasn't been released yet. I refuse to watch a bootleg of AoT so I'll reserve judgement on a certain scene, until I buy it and watch it. And getting outraged about Continuum is IMHO, silly since we know even less. I think that's what people are getting frustrated about with this conversation. We just don't know enough to make an opinion and when there's constantly people saying how terrible the show/movie is because what they want didn't/isn't going to happen, we start to get mad, because their constant harping is hard to take, day after day on the same thing. I love this show. I'm here because I want to enjoy it with others that enjoy it too. Constant negativity is not enjoyable. At least, that's how I feel. I don't mind occasional "negative posts", people get frustrated and need to vent, etc. Just a whole day is a bit hard to take. If this is how it's going to be until the movies come out, I don't think I'll want to stay.
                        Don't go Seahen, we would miss you

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                        Apologies for the repost...but seriously I love this picture too. Mala is very clever. She also has one of the wedding with Jack in uniform.

Have to say I had a bit of an S4 marathon given I'm about to embark on the remaining Aftershocks for S4 starting with WoO.

That last scene with Jack just looking at Sam, bubbling over with the joy and wonder of kissing her, always puts a smile on my face.
                        And the memory of this you just evoked put a huge smile on my face.

Really don't worry shippers...look at Jack here, there's no way they are not together now.

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                        Seriously-isn't this the pro Sam/Jack ship thread? Why is there so much argument that they are not together? If you believe that, then post somewhere else that has that philosophy. For me...they are so together and have been since Threads.

Home/kids OT
                        Spoiler:
                        I've been suffering from a toothache the last couple of days and last night was really bad. Of course the dentist was closed this afternoon. When I got home, my youngest had 102.7 temp. The pediatrician took her in despite being closed and she has strep. It's been lovely. And we were in the high 30's today!
                        Bummer ((((Amy))))

Spoiler:

I haven't said yes.
                        And?
                        That was two weeks ago.
                        Ah!

Have a favorite TV Show?
                        What about ships?
                        What about 'em?

ROFL!!

Here Here!! See Jack is just so full of hidden wisdom
                        sigpic
                        Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                          Virtual green for you Seahen! That was priceless!
                          Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          I'm sure that particular scene will be seen in many different ways and there will be many different opinions...as they say, it's all in the eye of the beholder, right?
                          Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                          Seahan, brilliant! I would green you if I could, but I seem to be all out Or I have to spread it around or something *sigh*
                          Yay! I'm glad you all like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Karibou View Post
                            Thank you. It's nice to know I'm not alone in feeling like this was intentional.

Spoiler:
                            I think the thing which bothered me most about the stupid Sam-Cam scene wasn't Sam's hair, clothes and makeup. (Though why the heck she was on-base and out-of-uniform is beyond me. We rarely, if ever, saw that before now.) It wasn't the bag of cookies -- which could, indeed, just be a friendly gesture. It wasn't even the kiss, which we've seen Sam impart on both Daniel and Teal'c. It was two things -- One: the music. They had romantic, sweet, SHIP music going. Not friendly. Not sentimental. Just shippy. Period. And Two: the closeup on Cam's face. It was filmed so that he was perfectly still and almost holding his breath when she kissed him. There was this pause when the cameras focused on his reaction, CLEARLY conveying (or trying to convey) sexual tension.

Don't get me wrong -- in no way do I think TPTB are actually aiming to get Sam and Cam together. I really, truly agree with what you just said. They're yanking our chains yet again because they can. I'm not irritated by the scene so much as the intentions behind it. I can live with vague innuendos and veiled S-J ship references. But, since they refuse to put it into cannon, why the heck do they feel the need to further torture us by waving a Sam-Cam moment in front of us?

You know, I was one of those folks who actually liked ripple effect. I felt TPTB were laughing WITH us on that one. It was so blatantly referencing S-J ship without actually doing so, it felt like an inside joke. AoT, however,
                            Spoiler:
                            feels more... I don't know... mean? Like -- "Hey! Ya know what would really irritate the crap out of those pesky shippers? Let's throw a scene which reeks of ship between Sam and Cam and see what they do. Perhaps the pictures don't do it justice. In March, when it airs, I suspect there will be more grumping from the shipper peanut gallery.

True. But...
                            Spoiler:
                            Vala does tell Tollin that she can't be with him at the end of the movie, which is at least somewhat soothing. Of course, the D/V shippers really got screwed in the series finale with the "erase fifty years of our lives" crap!

This is what I am very, very afraid of. Very afraid.

Positive thinking is good... so pardon me if I sound like a lead balloon. But I'm irritated. It'll pass -- it always does. But if anyone who's shipped for 10 years tries to tell me that they AREN'T periodically irritated by TPTB's games with us, then I think you're... well... either a saint or lying through your teeth, LOL!
                            Well, one good thing about Continuum
                            Spoiler:
                            Is that AT said something about them getting split up by the USAF to go their own ways- so maybe it won't be Cam/Sam all the time. I agree that TPTB (especially the ones involved there) will not go out of their way to ruin the S/J ship, I just think the worst scenario is that they'll ignore it. Best case scenario- well, we've all got good imaginations.

And I liked the Ripple Effect, too, for the reasons you said. It was very cute- one of the few Season 9/10 eps I own. (Also an episode in which they nixed a romantic moment between an AU Sam and Cam, BTW ). Just not the Martouf thing. Ick.

Green! Although I still hate that scene. I never thought I'd laugh at it!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              In the same way that some people out there can't - or refuse - to see the obvious and canonical ship between Sam and Jack, so some people will see a romantic relationship where the rest of us can't! *shrug*

As for me. Though I'm not as certain about getting our confirmation - though I'm fairly hopeful about it - I have no doubts in my mind that Sam and Jack are together and considered to be so by TPTB themselves and therefore I have no fear of either Sam or Jack being shipped with others.

After all neither of them are the type of people that would cheat on their spouse
                              sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Oh about VALENSHIP. Feb 9th would be absolutley perfect for me coz kiddo won't home that weekend so I'd have plenty of time to play

*starts thinking about what to do for Valenship*

*....................................*

*looks at calendar*

sigpic

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Working...
                                X