This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
    Heavens, mara I'm the most pessimistic, anti-TPTB person on this thread and even I don't see them doing that! They'd have everything to lose and nothing to gain, and it would contradict just about everything they've said or done with the 'ship (even though it hasn't been much).

Whatever they do, it'll be something good. Why alienate fans? That wouldn't make any sense.

Oh wait........
    hehe...I know, but I can't help it. I just got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I read that article.

But you were actually starting to make me feel better VSS, until.......

Originally posted by Mrs Caldwell View Post
    G'day ship family.
    Long time no see. I have been on holidays. No computer so no internet. No worries. Only missed you guys and all the squeee...
    Happy to be back.
    So sorry to have missed Shipgivings. However I may go back and have a gander when I have time.
    Nice to have you back Mrs Caldwell
    sigpic
    Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
      ROTFLOL!!! Excellent!

And oh so true. I looked at a few threads and every single one has turned into Carter vs Weir. OMG people. Let it go laready!
      This makes me nervous and it also ain't right...I hate the conflict there...I love Sam AND I love Elizabeth, both are capable, strong, independant, beautiful women. Who are obviously BOTH woman enough to 'man' Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
        This makes me nervous and it also ain't right...I hate the conflict there...I love Sam AND I love Elizabeth, both are capable, strong, independant, beautiful women. Who are obviously BOTH woman enough to 'man' Atlantis.
        That's right!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

just watching these scenes (in glorious slo-mo), i felt this suddend urge...

when jack yells, 'carter, what's gotten into you?!'... i think sam should have said, 'i hope *you*!'

sally
          I love gutter...this was to be gutter...right?

Comment

when jack yells, 'carter, what's gotten into you?!'... i think sam should have said, 'i hope *you*!'

sally
            ROFL!!! She never would have lived that one down.

Ok so I've said how I love in the 1st gif the way, though Jack is protesting, his head moves so he can meet her lips. Well can I also say about the 2nd gif - I love the way he has one hand wound around the back of her neck
            sigpic
            Sig by AstraPerAspera and avatar by SamJackShipLover

Thanks Bekki

Comment

sally
              I take my hat off to you, sally. I've always thought that but never had the courage to put it into words. I thought that I should tip-toe on eggshells here because I thought "well...I'm on a nice thread with some nice ladies. They won't appreciate you writing such things." I was also afraid if I actually did then I might get kicked off the board for having such an 18/NC-17 rated mind.

You certainly keep me guessing.

P.S. Errrr...I'm not going to be kicked off am I?
              Last edited by Alan; 21 November 2007, 05:51 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Spoiler:
                A squeeable kiss (that's a totally cute phrase, BTW) is not a "permanent change". It has to be more or less unequivocal, whatever it is. Now, a BHK- that, I can live with.
                Spoiler:
                Lol Ship kisses are squeeable! It's the perfect word to describe them, don't you think?

I wasn't meaning to imply that would be the change, though; I was more leaning towards...... I suppose that them saying it's a subtle change meaning that they're still... subtle? I dunno how to describe it. >.> Like... Something equally as squeeable as showing that Sam has a ring or something. A cut-off scene that probably meant more than what they showed. Nothing overt, I suppose, but enough to be different and present implications.

BHK? I dun get that one. Nor FCOL, which I've seen quite a few times here... lol
                sigpic

You ended that sentence with a preposition! You *******!!

Comment

mmmm.....hot diet dr. pepper with cinnamon stick....nice for warming you up on a cold, rainy day like today

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                  Well, you're probably already buzzing about Brad Wright's latest interview on GW...but in case you haven't, I'll post this excerpt anyway (concerning Continuum).

Spoiler:
                  GW: If SG-1 fans only get two new stories per year, do we want one to have no lasting effect on continuity when it is finished? Wright discloses an interesting nugget that will make this time travel story different than others told in the past.

BW: "The timeline has been changed at the end of Continuum in a subtle, but permanent way," Wright said. "And that is actually illustrated in the final frame of the picture. You'll see. It's cool. Keep in mind, too, in this time travel story, what makes this subtly different than other stories we've done is these guys remember the old timeline.

"That's what makes Continuum different. That's what makes it the time travel story I wanted to do. As the movie unfolds, and as Baal's plan unfolds, we try to get back to Earth and, granted, it's a conceit of mine that traveling through the wormhole keeps them immune from the effects of the timeline."

Could it be that one of those subtle changes is that
                  Spoiler:
                  our hero and heroine, Sam and Jack, are together? Do the regs disappear in the altered timeline? Or could real Jack have retired and be working as a civilian consultant now?

Could that final frame show a BIG HONKIN' KISS??????

Oooooohhhh...the possibilities are endless!!!

Now, of course, it could mean ANYTHING...but let's stick with the positive. I can't see this being anything that negatively impacts our Ship,
                  Spoiler:
                  given that Continuum takes place before Sam's arrival in Atlantis...and all the positive hints we have received since she got there. So...the SGA episodes we're viewing now are taking place in the new, altered timeline...where anything is possible.

I refuse to think anything except good thoughts about this. And see, Jack agrees:

love the dancing Jack's....

Congratulations, Nikki, on 3,900 posts!!!

Congratulations, mad gater, on 3,200 posts!!!

Congratulations, Gatetrixer, on 1,900 posts!!!

Congratulations, OxNatashxO, on 1,000 posts!!!
                  And welcome back!!!
                  CONGRATS FROM ME TOO!!!! everyone besides me that is.....

Hmmm...good point. Mala made the dancing Jack. Maybe she would make us a dancing Sam too. I'll ask...if she's back from vacation.

Depending on which day in July...but exactly what I was thinking!!!

Congratulations, trupi, on 4,100 posts!!!

Happy Birthday, Cathain Nottingham!!!

congrats trupi!!!!

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                  Congrats from me too! And Happy Birthday!

I made the mistake of reading all the comments on Joe's blog today. After hanging out here for the last month, I forgot how fractured fandom is. It made me sad. So I have to post this, to make me happy... (I'll let you fill in your own caption )

nice pic.....it's begging for a caption....

(((((((((((seahen)))))))))))))

Thanks, I feel much better now.

EDIT: And the Huskies just lost the lead in their basketball game against Texas A&M. I'm sad again...
                  ((((((((((((((((seahen))))))))))))))))))

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                  Oh squee! Maybe...

Spoiler:
                  Jack would visit Sam in Atlantis...and bring them a little something they can share in bed...err...yeah...sorry...gutter thoughts.
                  or the SGC and Atlantis can meet at midway station and have a party there.....

Ok...gotta go to Wally-world before all the stores shut down for 24 hours. Hubby says there are a few things he can't live without for that long...so I'm going to be sociable and go along with him.

But I'll be back. In the meantime, I want to say:

Congratulations, mara-anni, on 2,700 posts!!!

Congratulations, Seahen, on 300 posts!!!

Welcome, Reb<3!

Several of us are from the South. In which state do you live?

CONGRATS FROM ME TOO!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                  The family is in for a special treat I'm cooking tomorrow!!
                  Zoser.....tryin' to tell us that we shouldn't let you anywhere near the kitchen tomorrow?

I just had a funny stargate moment i just have to share.
                  First, let me preface that I hate to cook and don't have to 90% of the time, except for the holidays. So I have make a pie, right? My mom gave me a great pie crust recipe that uses- you guessed it -

Beer!

So there I am in the kitchen, making these damn pie crusts and I kinda slung the beer in there exactly like Jack did with the grill in "Threads", then started laughing like an idiot, because of course, you can't open a bottle (or two) of beer just for a few tablespoons.
                  there's a chili recipe in a cookbook that my grandma gave to my mom that takes a bottle of beer...it's yummy

Originally posted by Patriot_Jackie View Post
                  Oh-ho ho! Sorry, but that's a GOOD thing! *is an unofficial Aggie* XD
                  LOL!!!!

*grumble*
                  *rushes off to start anti-aggies thread*
                  ROFL!!!!!!

Lol
                  now now!! no need to get violent!!

Originally posted by Mrs Caldwell View Post
                  G'day ship family.
                  Long time no see. I have been on holidays. No computer so no internet. No worries. Only missed you guys and all the squeee...
                  Happy to be back.
                  So sorry to have missed Shipgivings. However I may go back and have a gander when I have time.
                  WELCOME BACK MRS. C.!!!!!!!!

Comment

You guys disappoint me. Your really going to make me said it.I was referring to Vala and Mitchell. Melissa knew who I was talking about. I have to get use to the fact that I will have to put up with Vala and Mitchell for future Movies. Just give me my Sam/Jack Ship and I'll be fine.

Comment

Wanna bet?

Uh, so on topic, yeah, lets see, reason for this post... give me a minute...

...thinking...

don't worry....I'll protect from all the mean ol' anti-horns people....

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        Interesting little bit of news reported by GW about Stargate SG-1: Continuum:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/1...assic_is.shtml

But this part interests me most:
                        Spoiler:
                        "The timeline has been changed at the end of Continuum in a subtle, but permanent way," Wright said. "And that is actually illustrated in the final frame of the picture. You'll see. It's cool. Keep in mind, too, in this time travel story, what makes this subtly different than other stories we've done is these guys remember the old timeline.

I'm hoping that
                        Spoiler:
                        Sam and Jack are now married and that's the main thing that's changed in the timeline. I'd like it if the final frame of this second movie will be Sam finding a wedding photo of her and Jack or maybe a new version of the closing scene from Threads / Moebius (Part 2) with Jack proposing to Sam on the Jetty.

*runs off to read gateworld homepage*

Spoiler:
                        am i wrong to wish for your version, alan!???

*feels a squee coming on*

*must control it*

*tries to coooontrooool...*

*feels shakey*

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Lol Ship kisses are squeeable! It's the perfect word to describe them, don't you think?

I wasn't meaning to imply that would be the change, though; I was more leaning towards...... I suppose that them saying it's a subtle change meaning that they're still... subtle? I dunno how to describe it. >.> Like... Something equally as squeeable as showing that Sam has a ring or something. A cut-off scene that probably meant more than what they showed. Nothing overt, I suppose, but enough to be different and present implications.

BHK? I dun get that one. Nor FCOL, which I've seen quite a few times here... lol
                          BHK= Big honkin' kiss.
                          FCOL= For cryin' out loud!
                          Probably there are more- like TPTB The Powers That Be- those would be the people who make the show.
                          = Pete because some of us can't bring ourselves to say
                          I'm sure there are more, in fact if you go up right under the Gateworld Banner, there's a FAQ site that does list a lot of abbreviations and acronyms. But, I think the shippy ones are not up there.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
                            You guys disappoint me. Your really going to make me said it.I was referring to Vala and Mitchell. Melissa knew who I was talking about. I have to get use to the fact that I will have to put up with Vala and Mitchell for future Movies. Just give me my Sam/Jack Ship and I'll be fine.
                            Oh, I knew...I just didn't want to say anything...I like them. For real, PTB...all of us want at least one thing in common...Sam/Jack ship confirmation...we already know they've gotten their resolution...we just need this confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                              don't worry....I'll protect from all the mean ol' anti-horns people....
                              (((MG))) But, I'm not a Texas fan. Or a Texas A&M Fan. I need protection from the Anti-Huskies. They come shaped as Ducks or Cougars. The ducks are the mean ones. They bite.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
                                He he. Persistent little buggers, aren't we?
                                I don't like Vala at all. Can you imagine Jack tolerating her on SG-1 for even five minutes? Anyone would know SG-1 was history, when she showed up. And you know what really makes me mad? Is all this carrying on about rules and regs with Sam and Jack, and then they let Vala Maldoran on a supposedly crack military unit. You know, if they're going to be military, then do it.

At least there isn't much of Vala in Continuum, and I would not be surprised if she was never in another movie after that.

Comment

Working...
                                X