This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DominaTemporis View Post
    This is another video I made... actually I made it a long time ago, but it wasn't finished so this is the new version. Hope you like it!! *lots of angst*
    Jack and Sam - "Stay With Me" [Full Version]
    Oh. My. GOD!!! That is a fantastically, beautiful video! I love how you take it full-circle! The effects are terrific! I'm completely green with envy at your editing skill. You play out the lyrics really well. Angst to the Nth degree!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
      I found it a really interesting departure too, although I can't help but feel they were showing the world they could produce CSI--LOL!. I'll put this in spoilers, Claudia, for those who may not want their heads to hurt. I'm probably just thinking too much anyway. It probably won't have any effect on the movie at all!

Spoiler:
      It's Rodney's comment near the end that other realities would feel the effects of the Wraith's signal attempt more than theirs would. I checked on a couple of SGA threads, and apparently, that effect is what leads to Enemy at the Gate in our own reality.

Sam's involvement in EatG made me wonder whether there might also be any fallout for the SG-1 movie. But there probably won't be. Now that I think about it a little more, if they did that, they'd have to somehow connect the storylines for both movies together...and that's just too convoluted!

So...that's why I said it. But on second thought, forget that I raised the subject at all.

Something more pleasant and on topic: *snip*
      Ah okay, I thought maybe you knew something I didn't. Athough I guess that wouldn't be surprising since I'm trying to avoid spoilers.

Comment

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
        That said, I really liked Vegas. Cool soundtrack.
        Agreed.

Hmmm...I'm going to write down those New Year's resolutions I've had floating around in my head. I'm gonna try really hard to find my mojo this year.

Speaking of resolutions, I remembered I had this.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
          Agreed.

Hmmm...I'm going to write down those New Year's resolutions I've had floating around in my head. I'm gonna try really hard to find my mojo this year.

Spoiler:
          http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j9/ladoylesg1/resolutions.gif
          Oh! I forgot about this! So glad you posted it again!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1 View Post
            Errrr......*rummages in shed*

Yep

Edit: D'oh! Should have called it WSquee-40
            ROFL! I need a can of this!

Comment

Evening shippers!

It's been a stressful few days for me, so I havent been able to check in much, but I hope you all had a great christmas/new year! Hopefully going back to school will ease some of this stress! (huh, that sounds a little contradictory, doesnt it?)
              Too cool for a signature.

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                *Grins!* Thanks APA

There's no bad news! Brad Wright's answers to fan questions have appeared on Joe Mallozzi's blog, and he confirms that the next SG-1 movie will be more Jack-centric.

Here in the thread, we've just been silly and posting lots of pic spam...

Good to see you back!
                Glad to be back!

Is anyone in the Family a fan of Fleetwood Mac. I'm looking for a great bio about them....
                Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                  Yeah, we know that Teal'c's telling (implying/reminding) Jack that Sam loves him. But to Jack it seems more like a reminder that Sam loved him then, back in season 6, way before Pete happened. So I always felt that Jack's reaction was at least partially about regret - what a waisted opportunity.
                  I was going to post a long post in response to this, but Anne and Sus and Rachel already did such a wonderful job.

BTW...

Originally posted by Caladria View Post
                  Also... errr... hi. I am spectacularly bad at lurking when I have something to say.
                  *tackle hugs Anne*

Post more. Lurk less...

You know you want to...

The only thing I'll add is another self-promotion of me olde fic Fear. Cause that's exactly how I see it from Sam's POV. I really don't think she knew he still loved her, and I really do think she was trying to test the water. And I suspect during that period Jack had a feeling she was and intentionally tried to turn her away from him 'for her own good.' And I think the biggest part of his depression over Teal's pep talk in Grace was, as Rachel said, it confirmed his fear that he'd let Sam get to close again. His problem, IMHO, was he didn't realize she was exactly as miserable as he was, and when he realized it on his deck in Threads he was compelled finally to act and 'come clean'... leading to his pondering at his desk later and his going into her as Jacob dies.

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                  BW didn't answer the many Sam/Jack qs
                  But!!! He answered mine (well, I didn't post it, my braver Coven-sister did, but:
                  STellaByStargate writes: “Word is that a stuffed penguin made its way into your possession a month or two ago. Just wondered if it was sitting on the shelf, had taken up residence on your desk or had somehow migrated, with the others, to Carl Binder’s office? Loved Continuum btw. Send more please.”

BW: It’s in Carl’s office.
                  *dies happy*

Yes!!!

So, Jack-centric and Binder did get the penguin... I think that answers my questions, rather nicely, actually. Cause lets face it, no way was he answering anything more overt than his previous comment in the video interview.

BTW, before I read more comments, I have to say that reading "interviews" like that one reminds me of why I love this show. *sigh*

Yeah, I know. I'm such a stoopid fan fangurling TPTB. Though his comment about loving the show but cursing the TPTB that gave it to them was rather apt. IMHO. Of course.

EDIT: Oh, and in my excitement, I forgot the one really good, awesome, new piece of info in the whole interview (except for confirmation that some fans are insane)... MW is directing *really dies happy*
                  Last edited by JenniferJF; 03 January 2009, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
                    I would dearly *love* to have Janet back, even more than having Jake back. But the way I see it, for that to happen, it would have to be AU, and I don't want the third movie anywhere *near* AU! It would just give them another excuse to not give us our this-universe-our-Sam-and-Jack confirmation. If they could figure out a way to bring her back without that, nobody would be more thrilled than I would. Because she needs to be standing right there next to Cassie and Sam during Sam's *real* wedding to Jack. Maybe Thor downloaded her personality just before she died and get a sample of her DNA so he can make a new Janet?

Okay, grasping at straws again. . . LOL
                    Or perhaps for a non AU...Janet ascended... and comes back just like Daniel...but then you are recycling story-lines again and I dont like that!!!

Agreed.

Spoiler:
                    Cool gif... Sweet!

Vegas:
                    Spoiler:
                    I loved the first 20/30 min of the episode...then I got confused...I thought in the beginning Shep was brainwashed or so...but when I noticed it was in an AU I thought...not again...I didn't like that, but I did like the thing that that "cool" Rodney was there from an earlier episode.

The effects/soundtrack etc were cool...only I would have prefered not an AU...even if it is needed for the leading in to the last episode...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                      indeed...egle is a most evil and cruel individual....
                      Whoa. Last time I loved all of you and now I'm evil? *pokes*

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      Welcome Melanell
                      Welcome!

Here's something cute

Jeff B. writes: “While I’m sure you’re terribly busy with all things SGU at the moment, could you please give us an update as to where exactly things are with regard to the third Stargate movie?”

BW: We’re making a movie. Carl Binder and I are co-writing the script. Martin will direct. If you have a good title, let me know.

STellaByStargate writes: “Word is that a stuffed penguin made its way into your possession a month or two ago. Just wondered if it was sitting on the shelf, had taken up residence on your desk or had somehow migrated, with the others, to Carl Binder’s office? Loved Continuum btw. Send more please.”

BW: It’s in Carl’s office.
                      Yeah, I noticed. I'm glad he's keeping all the penguins close while working on the script.

I tend to think there's a reason why Brad didn't answer shippy questions. Either they're still working on what to do with the ship and haven't decided... or... Actually that's the only theory I have.

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      Whoop! Richard Dean Anderson is essential to Stargate SG-1 IMHO It simply has not been the same without him! I am above and beyond excited that he's got a large role in Movie III.
                      S10 is being shown on TV here, while I'm watching S5 myself. So the difference between with Jack and without Jack is more obvious then ever before. I miss him. It's great that his character's story will move forward.

Is it spring yet? It's spring, right? *panics*

Congratulations, Alan, on 6,500 posts!!!

Congratulations, atlantis_sg1, on 4,000 posts!!!

Congratulations, gater62, on 3,700 posts!!!

Congratulations, Solo, on 200 posts!!!
                      Congrats from me too!

Spoiler:
                      Aww! Love it.

Vala OT
                      Spoiler:
                      I can already imagine pissed Vala fans and D/V shippers. I love what CB did in "Continuum", especially considering she wasn't feeling very well at that time. Hopefully Vala's absence will have a good reason.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                        I don't know exactly where that came from, but going by what Brad said, and taking into account the age of the signed actor, I think maybe too much emphasis has been put on the idea that SGU is targetting a younger audience. Wait and see wait and see, that's what I'll do

Vala
                        Spoiler:
                        As for Vala, although I quite liked her off the wall character, there is really no place for her in an 'original' SG1 movie. IMO of course
                        Well, I think the idea was generated after the initial press releases for SGU which inferred the show was being targeted as a younger demographic and then compounded by the character casting descriptions that emphasised youthful twentysomethings. But I agree. Wait and see. That's what I intend doing.

Movie/Vala
                        Spoiler:

For me, Vala isn't an essential part of the set-up for a movie either as, although I think Claudia did a great job with what she was given S9-S10/movies and I think Vala ended up being an interesting character, I've always believed her character would have done better as a Maybourne-esque recurring type - dropping in to cause havoc and help before leaving again.

And if Jack is front and centre, the old format is the one that will best suit that. I have to admit I'm hopeful about the prospect of seeing the SG1 I fell in love with back on the screen.

But I do feel for Vala and Daniel/Vala fans - I know how I would feel if Brad had said 'Amanda did a great job but Sam won't appear in the movie'.
                        sigpic
                        Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                        My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                          Well, I think the idea was generated after the initial press releases for SGU which inferred the show was being targeted as a younger demographic and then compounded by the character casting descriptions that emphasised youthful twentysomethings. But I agree. Wait and see. That's what I intend doing.

Movie/Vala
                          Spoiler:

For me, Vala isn't an essential part of the set-up for a movie either as, although I think Claudia did a great job with what she was given S9-S10/movies and I think Vala ended up being an interesting character, I've always believed her character would have done better as a Maybourne-esque recurring type - dropping in to cause havoc and help before leaving again.

And if Jack is front and centre, the old format is the one that will best suit that. I have to admit I'm hopeful about the prospect of seeing the SG1 I fell in love with back on the screen.

But I do feel for Vala and Daniel/Vala fans - I know how I would feel if Brad had said 'Amanda did a great job but Sam won't appear in the movie'.
                          It would be a great shame if people were put off watching SGU by what may well be misleading press released information. I regret that I avoided SGA for years because of similar misconceptions, but now I'm sorry it's ending

Vala

Spoiler:
                          There may still be possibilities for D/V fans. No-one is saying she won't be in future movies, just not this one

Comment

Happy New Year!!!!

I have so much to catch up! See you guys later!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                              Oh. My. GOD!!! That is a fantastically, beautiful video! I love how you take it full-circle! The effects are terrific! I'm completely green with envy at your editing skill. You play out the lyrics really well. Angst to the Nth degree!!!
                              Thanks... Angst is the reason I live! Only if there's a happy ending, though! Luckily my vid is AU...

Thanks for the greens!!

Agreed.

Spoiler:
                              I love this!!! So sweet!

Very OT - HELP!

Spoiler:
                              Uhm, sorry to bother you with this, but is there anyone who knows how long is a 40 mins script? Because I have to write (at least) a one hour script out of a short story, but I have no idea how many pages!! If anyone knows... please
                              Thanks!
                              sigs by Rachel-Kree, josiane and finally me too!
                              Thank you!

"The true nature of a man is decided in the battle between his conscious mind and the desires of his subconscious." - Shifu, Absolute Power
                              Videos:
                              YouTube/Imeem
                              Stargate SG.1, Sam and Jack, Sanctuary...

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                                It would be a great shame if people were put off watching SGU by what may well be misleading press released information. I regret that I avoided SGA for years because of similar misconceptions, but now I'm sorry it's ending

Vala

Spoiler:
                                There may still be possibilities for D/V fans. No-one is saying she won't be in future movies, just not this one
                                I'll always watch what the Stargate guys do and then decide if I like it or not.

It was interesting to hear some of the episodes that BW really didn't like...Emancipation, I can understand, because it is just far too 'I am woman; hear me roar' (although I find it more watchable now then I did on first watching) but I loved Hathor (which was 'I am woman; hear me roar' but in a much better way) and Seth which just has so many great Jacob-y moments...Space Race, I can kind of understand too though despite Teal'c and Jack not wanting to disappoint Major Carter .

Movie/Vala
                                Spoiler:

I don't know; I tend to think this will be the last 'SG1' movie. There may be more Stargate movies but I just don't know...if I was a Vala fan or a fan of Daniel/Vala, I know I'd be upset that I might have to wait another two years before seeing the dynamic again.
                                sigpic
                                Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                                My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Working...
                                X