Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kalicokatt
    At least I'm smiling about it now. Hey, if you could make me one with Martouf/Lantash marrying Sam, I might even forgive TPTB...also one with her marrying, Daniel, Orlin, Narim, Joe, Ba'al, who else could we possibly pair her with? I'd even put it on my fanfic page and use it as a sig. I LOVE your idea. Er, um, don't puke on your computer okay? At least, not untill you are finished with your idea!!

Pagan
    I wouldn't mind one of her with Daniel I could try my hand at it since I'm not too bad with photoshop. I did sort of manip one of the cast pics a while back so it might not be too hard to do this one!

I wouldn't mind seeing a gallery with Sam and all those other pairings though myself. Would be pretty cool I think

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
      Spoiler:
      In a recent interview or something, AT referred to ep 200 in terms of "We jump the shark, in every way."

I'm guessing this wedding idea is a shark-jumping joke.
      Well, I'm not biting...
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
        Spoiler:
        200th is supposed to have zombies. Hey, maybe Jack will be one of them when he gets married. Can't you see it? Camera on Sam, all in white, looking gorgeous. Camera moves to Jack, in a tux, skin flaking off, arms outstretched in front of him? And, since this is just someone's pitch for a show -lets make it Martin's, the scene would dissolve, and everyone would be staring at him like he's crazy.

Hey, right now, I think ridiculing is the only way to go to save my sanity.
        LOL!! Oh, I couldn't agree more! I think it is more fun this way... makes me feel a lot better about the whole thing and it's conjuring up some very interesting images! Thanks Dani

Comment

Darn, and I don't drink.
          lol... I do, but not very much... and hopefully watching that ep won't change that and force me to go on some kind of binge. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) I don't hold my liquor too well, and after one glass of wine I'm usually pretty giggly. Maybe I'll be sitting and giggling my way through the whole episode and won't have a clue as to what happened at all. That might be for the best.

Comment

Okay, here's a thought for 200th. Serious one, this time:

Spoiler:
            What if Sam is not marrying Jack in any capacity? I'm sure tptb know the wedding spoiler is getting leaked out. So what if this is all about getting people talking and wanting to see -shippers to see it, anti shippers because it'll be like watching a car wreck. They make it seem like it's going to be Jack up until the last minute. And, then, it's someone else. I wouldn't put it past them. They did the bait and switch with implying Jack was dead in Heroes. They kept hinting but never saying anything about all the AU love bunny Sam's in Ripple Effect being with Jack. I can just see them causing a whole lot of ruckus and not actually having anything happen in the end. Or, maybe it's wishful thinking on my part, because if it turned out that it wasn't Jack, I'd be happy. Maybe there's actually some other use for the wedding dress. Although, now I think I'm reaching, since they specfically mentioned shark jumping.
            Those are some very interesting points. I almost forgot what they did in Heroes. I guess maybe we shouldn't take what they say at face value, then...maybe remain a bit skeptical until we actually see it. It is odd how things seem to add up, though, with
            Spoiler:
            AT talking about getting in a wedding dress for the episode, and then RDA playing some part in it. But hey, you never know... maybe Sam is marrying someone else and he's giving her away? I'm probably reaching too...

Comment

Okay, word of warning for all of you who partake in alcoholic drinks. Be careful. I can just see you all getting so sloshed that you don't know what happened, and then posting about how great the whole scene and episode was. It could give tptb the wrong idea. Drink enough to make it bearable, not enough to impair your judgement.
              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Okay, word of warning for all of you who partake in alcoholic drinks. Be careful. I can just see you all getting so sloshed that you don't know what happened, and then posting about how great the whole scene and episode was. It could give tptb the wrong idea. Drink enough to make it bearable, not enough to impair your judgement.
                Don't worry, there's not enough alcohol on the fr'kin planet to make Sam 'n Sir a good idea to me!

FF
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox
                  Don't worry, there's not enough alcohol on the fr'kin planet to make Sam 'n Sir a good idea to me!

FF
                  Seconded! And like I said I can only have 1 glass of wine before the giggles start... so that will probably be my limit... and even then I don't think I could ever hop onto the sites and rave about how great it was. I think I'd just be trying like heck to push it out of my mind, lol

Comment

If the worst comes to the worst how about we pretend Jack just had a very bad dream

Might be best to tape this ep I think so you can just fast forward over any icky bits, which I find myself doing with Threads and quiet a few other eps containing shippy scenes.....

Thanks to Kidwizz for sig

Comment

There's no crack bad enough to tip me into that twisted version of reality
                      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by grasshopper64
                        If the worst comes to the worst how about we pretend Jack just had a very bad dream

Might be best to tape this ep I think so you can just fast forward over any icky bits, which I find myself doing with Threads and quiet a few other eps containing shippy scenes.....
                        Not a bad idea. It could be like the Dallas thing where Bobby is in the shower - only it's Jack in the shower and he expects Sam to be there with him ... but he's all alone (either that, or he expects her to be in the house).

And that is not a bad idea, either. I always find myself fast-forwarding over the shippy scenes in Threads... actually I fast-forward over half of Solitudes as well (I do find the whole Sam and Jack in Antarctica a bit on the boring side, frankly).

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                          There's no crack bad enough to tip me into that twisted version of reality
                          LOL!! Well said, scarimor!

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
                            Not a bad idea. It could be like the Dallas thing where Bobby is in the shower - only it's Jack in the shower and he expects Sam to be there with him ... but he's all alone (either that, or he expects her to be in the house).

And that is not a bad idea, either. I always find myself fast-forwarding over the shippy scenes in Threads... actually I fast-forward over half of Solitudes as well (I do find the whole Sam and Jack in Antarctica a bit on the boring side, frankly).
                            Oh, I like Solitudes!
                            But then they hadn't sullied the characters at that stage with The Evil Ship of Doom.
                            I loved that Sam cared so much for her teammate that she would pretend to be the woman he loves when he's dying. And that their team mates would try so hard to find them.

FF
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JessM

Change that to Carter being in the shower as I see ship being one sided (all on her side in her deluded mind) and she awakens thinking that Jack will be in the shower with her or in the house. But he isn't. That would make my day. Then it could as if the last few years (namely Seasons 4-8, though I did like Season 6) haven't actually happened. And we can return to Stargate SG-1 not SoapOpera SamGate SG-1.
                              The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

I loved that Sam cared so much for her teammate that she would pretend to be the woman he loves when he's dying.
                                FF
                                Really? I didn't see like that. I just thought it what was anyone would do if their CO or someone they were with were dying. Heck, I would pretend to be someone's wife even if I disliked the man who was dying because he lay near death's door. Comfort to the dying and all that.
                                The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

Working...
                                X