X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anja
    replied
    Originally posted by jdjunkie View Post
    You mean, if the ship hadn't been part of the show? Well, we'll never know, will we? I know I'd have preferred the whole sorry storyline not to have been featured.

And you do realise this is a thread for those who are anti the relationship, right?
    ??????? I didn't say anything about 'ship' - for me they have always been team mates, no more, no less, so...I do realize that this is a thread for those who are anti the relationship, right?

Leave a comment:

• jdjunkie
    replied
    Originally posted by discodiva View Post
    This.....

I'd hate to think that this thread turns into somewhere that I have to start justifying why I don't see or want this relationship ....

Deeds xx
    This thread won't turn into that. Most people respect protected spaces. I wouldn't dream of going into a ship thread and saying they're Being Wrong on the Internet. We all like what we like. Or don't like in this case.

Leave a comment:

• discodiva
    replied

And you do realise this is a thread for those who are anti the relationship, right?

This.....

I'd hate to think that this thread turns into somewhere that I have to start justifying why I don't see or want this relationship ....

Deeds xx

Leave a comment:

• jdjunkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Anja View Post
    Don't you think that the viewers see, hear and read between the lines what they want to? To you it's badly written rubbish - not to me and I think not to many others as well - if it had been different SG1 wouldn't have been such a success, would it?
    You mean, if the ship hadn't been part of the show? Well, we'll never know, will we? I know I'd have preferred the whole sorry storyline not to have been featured.

Leave a comment:

• Anja
    replied
    I don't need their every thought and deed to benefit the whole world. I just want some realism. What we got with Jack and Sam wasn't that - we got ten years of unresolved "will they, won't they" badly-written rubbish that was entirely unrealistic. Given that they're adults ...
    Don't you think that the viewers see, hear and read between the lines what they want to? To you it's badly written rubbish - not to me and I think not to many others as well - if it had been different SG1 wouldn't have been such a success, would it?

Leave a comment:

• jdjunkie
    replied
    Yes, I can overlook these moments because they belong to daily life. If every move is well thought and every deed just benefits the whole world that would be unnatural. Carter and O'Neill are adults, there is no mentor/protege relationship - there is a chain of command at work and a private life with all the flaws that yours and mine do have as well - hopefully, otherwise I would be deeply concerned.
    I don't need their every thought and deed to benefit the whole world. I just want some realism. What we got with Jack and Sam wasn't that - we got ten years of unresolved "will they, won't they" badly-written rubbish that was entirely unrealistic. Given that they're adults ...

Leave a comment:

• Anja
    replied
    Do you think, out of interest, that they interact very, very well when, for example, Sam turns at Jack's house when he's with Kerry? Or when Sam turns up at Jack's house when he's losing his mind in Lost City? Or when Sam's questioning Jack over Kerry in his office? Or are these the flaws you can overlook? Because, to me, scenes like those do neither of them any favours and are classic examples of how the ship taints what might otherwise have been an interesting mentor/protege relationship. I'm just curious. We all see things differently

We all love the team - it's shame the writers didn't just concentrate on that.
    Yes, I can overlook these moments because they belong to daily life. If every move is well thought and every deed just benefits the whole world that would be unnatural. Carter and O'Neill are adults, there is no mentor/protege relationship - there is a chain of command at work and a private life with all the flaws that yours and mine do have as well - hopefully, otherwise I would be deeply concerned.

Leave a comment:

• jckfan55
    replied
    Well I did just watch the one where they were stuck down the pits with the memory stamp....that "implied" romance and the awkward "we won't talk about this" bit at the end?....*shudders again*....there were NO end of moments like that weren't there?....
    Little did we know those would be among the *least* painful. *Goes back to pretending Lost City and Heroes never existed*

Leave a comment:

• discodiva
    replied
    Well I did just watch the one where they were stuck down the pits with the memory stamp....that "implied" romance and the awkward "we won't talk about this" bit at the end?....*shudders again*....there were NO end of moments like that weren't there?....

In fact apart from the quite excellent "Watergate" and "The First Ones", this week's Stargate offerings on Sky Two have been pretty dire...but that's the beginning of S.4 for you isn't it?....with the dreadful Upgrades and Divide & Conquer...

Deeds

Leave a comment:

• jdjunkie
    replied
    Oh you had to go there didn't you ...Most. Awkward. Moments. Ever...

Word....Team!! = Big Fat Yes!! *\o/* ....Ship = Big Fat No!!

Deeds xx
    Unfortunately, it was usually Sam who came off worst. If I had to pick the most excruciating moment (and there are plenty to choose from ) it would probably be when Sam is questioned about Jack by Bregmann in Heroes, and she burbles on about Jack being the most selfless man EVAH who's given the most to the program EVAH [paraphrasing] while blushing and squirming like a love-sick adolescent. God, I'm shuddering just thinking about it ...

Other excruciating ship-related moments are available ...

Leave a comment:

• discodiva
    replied
    when, for example, Sam turns at Jack's house when he's with Kerry? Or when Sam turns up at Jack's house when he's losing his mind in Lost City? Or when Sam's questioning Jack over Kerry in his office?
    Oh you had to go there didn't you ...Most. Awkward. Moments. Ever...

Word....Team!! = Big Fat Yes!! *\o/* ....Ship = Big Fat No!!

Deeds xx

Leave a comment:

• jdjunkie
    replied
    A team like SG1 is more than four people being on duty together - therefore each member knows the other members very well (or struggles to get to know them).
    This is nicely shown during the seasons and it's true for all the members.
    Carter and O'Neill have feelings like any other human being - it's quite logical that there are moments the audience can interpret in different ways. But exactly this (IMO) shows that those two are a functioning part of a great team. There are flaws, yes, but I don't look out for those but I enjoy the interacting of the team members and Carter/O'Neill interact very, very well.
    Do you think, out of interest, that they interact very, very well when, for example, Sam turns at Jack's house when he's with Kerry? Or when Sam turns up at Jack's house when he's losing his mind in Lost City? Or when Sam's questioning Jack over Kerry in his office? Or are these the flaws you can overlook? Because, to me, scenes like those do neither of them any favours and are classic examples of how the ship taints what might otherwise have been an interesting mentor/protege relationship. I'm just curious. We all see things differently

Leave a comment:

• Anja
    replied
    A team like SG1 is more than four people being on duty together - therefore each member knows the other members very well (or struggles to get to know them).
    This is nicely shown during the seasons and it's true for all the members.
    Carter and O'Neill have feelings like any other human being - it's quite logical that there are moments the audience can interpret in different ways. But exactly this (IMO) shows that those two are a functioning part of a great team. There are flaws, yes, but I don't look out for those but I enjoy the interacting of the team members and Carter/O'Neill interact very, very well.

Leave a comment:

• LtKatia
    replied
    Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
    Do you non shippers think that Sam had sex with Martouf in Ripple Effect? I'm talking about after Kvasir interrupted their near kiss and they left the room?
    Yeah, they probably did, but that's my opinion

Originally posted by Claire98909 View Post
    To jog your memory:

Sam(!) initiates the near kiss but before they can touch they stop and the camera pans down to Kvasir, who is looking up at them.

Kvasir: "I have completed the calibrations"

Carter: "Thank you, Kvasir"

Carter smiles at Martouf, who does a small grin back. The pair then immediately leave the room as the camera remains on Kvasir, who blinks like an innocent child who doesn't know where his mommy and daddy have just disappeared to in a hurry. Where did they go? The Prometheus? Carter's quarters?

That's the last we see of Martouf until the final scene where SG1, Landry, et al have been seeing every single extra SG1 team back to their respective universes, with the Frasier/Martouf team last to go. Martouf and Carter are standing VERY close (looks like Carter might be partially leaning against Martouf) and he kisses her on the cheek after saying "It's been nice working with you again, Sam." They look comfy together, like lovers.

They could have done hanky panky at any time after the almost kiss. It could have been where they were going when they left a confused Kvasir in their wake. It could have been after their trip on the Prometheus but before they began seeing the SG1s back to their universes. If Sam's feelings for him were strong enough to initiate a kiss, then who's to say she wouldn't have wanted to take advantage of the opportunity to have sex with him, seeing as how it was her last chance she'd ever get to see him?
    As much as I love reading analyses like this about the show, I think this is the wrong thread for it. This thread is meant for discussing why Sam and Jack would not work as a couple, not for discussing why Sam/anyone-not-Jack or Jack/anyone-not-Sam would be a great couple.

There's a Sam/Martouf/Lantash thread here: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/5...n-Appreciation

You're more than welcome to come over there and discuss theories about them

Leave a comment:

• LtKatia
    replied
    Originally posted by Hathor_girl View Post
    Not surprising they had a hard time writing anything for her, as Amanda herself complained:

-they killed off Martouf, Lantash
    -they killed off (or turned into quasi-antagonists) most of the rest of the Tok'ra, which was Sam's "special" storyline
    -they killed off her dad and Selmak
    -they killed off her friend Janet
    -they mostly forgot all about Jolinar and the various special abilities and effects she had on Sam

All seems to have been to remove anything that could compete with Sam's interest - we can't have her think about anything but Jack or have her have a life outside mooning for him.

*grumbles*
    Agree with all of this

Leave a comment:

Working...
X