Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:

"Did TPTB really have to put the pooper scooper container next to the autograph line?"

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
      It's called 'Class'. I so agree that whole concept can make someone much hotter than they actually are...
      Huge amount of respect for her for not doing nudity shots. There are the ones with the flag, but those are done in a very classy style. And even though I'm a female I'll venture to say that those are more sexy than any straight on nudity shot would be... What is that saying... well twisted a bit... there is that big fine line between sexy and smutty
      Did I make any sense?
      You do make sense. They are sexy shots but not, like, basic, page three nude shots. It is sexier because of what you're not seeing. To me anyway. Everyday I flick through the Sun, look at the topless girl on page three and in I never find it sexy. Those pics of Amanda in that pink..thing, have me going every time.

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
      Oh, I would never think any less of Amanda or any actor or actress for doing nude shots. I have no moral objection at all to nudity; I've drawn enough dodgy stuff over the years. And I've got a copy of Locker Room Nudes (the French National Rugby Team) and several Mapplethorpe books on the shelf. Amongst other things.
      I do object to putting her head on someone else's body, that's just tacky and rude.
      Though I do agree, the beauty of antici(say it, Frankie)pation is often much more alluring.

FF
      I'm not sure how I would feel actually. In a film or on tv, I wouldn't feel as strongly about it. I would certainly be disappointed if she did nude magazine shots I guess. I have no morals, I mean (lol) moral objection to nudity, I just, I don't care what some women do, but I just don't think it's anything any woman (or man I suppose) should
      aspire to do. I guess it is a matter of class, but it's sometimes about keeping that last thing to yourself when so many people know everything else about you. Most of us all know everything about Amanda, except what she looks like underneath that flag. It's the last part of her.

And as much, as much as I would die to see Amanda Tapping naked (or die when I saw her naked) I would just, for me, I'm happy with what I have seen so far.
      sigpic-
      +I thought I was a fool for no one
      but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
        Oh, I would never think any less of Amanda or any actor or actress for doing nude shots. I have no moral objection at all to nudity; I've drawn enough dodgy stuff over the years. And I've got a copy of Locker Room Nudes (the French National Rugby Team) and several Mapplethorpe books on the shelf. Amongst other things.
        I do object to putting her head on someone else's body, that's just tacky and rude.
        Though I do agree, the beauty of antici(say it, Frankie)pation is often much more alluring.

FF
        My thoughts exactly. If someone is comfortable enough to do nude scenes/pics, more power to them. I've never understoond the aversion to nudity/sexual scenes when people seem to have no problem watching someone get blown to bits. Which is REALLY more offensive?
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
        Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
          My thoughts exactly. If someone is comfortable enough to do nude scenes/pics, more power to them. I've never understoond the aversion to nudity/sexual scenes when people seem to have no problem watching someone get blown to bits. Which is REALLY more offensive?
          Sexual morals are a complex issue linked to culture, age, religion and personal taste. I wouldn't impose my morals on others and I expect the same courtesy in return.

But, like you, I see that violence in society causes much less comment than, oh, Janet Jackson having a 'wardrobe malfunction' and that worries and saddens me.

FF
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
            Spoiler:

"Did TPTB really have to put the pooper scooper container next to the autograph line?"
            it's not the autograph line, it's at bridge studios. and yep, they do. seen it myself.

a good chunk of the cast/crew bring thier pets to work, thus you need the pooper scooper station to clean up the 'land mines'
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

given that the entertainment industry has no shortage of, imho, lechers that will take advantage of a 'fresh young face' t o get thier thrills with, i have no shortage of respect for those that take the harder path and say 'no' when pressured to 'just unbutton that button honey'

I admire and respect them.

Sex and violence in entertainment is a very complex issue with no real right or wrong answer. But i think, if more people were educated in just how fake the entertainment business is (as in special effects) then maybe they'd be able to see the smoke and mirrors for what they are, instead of accepting them as reality
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think we all respect Amanda's right to choose what she will and will not do. In the movie business it probably takes quite a bit of guts to say no, though. ETA: I see Sky just commented on this too.
                I think classy is a very accurate adjective for her overall.

I watch Atlantis but have never been a huge fan. I usually don't tape it if I'm going to miss an episode on the first run. My interest particularly waned as it became the Rodney Rants Show. I definitely have new interest in it with the addition of AT. And I will be taping it now.

Comment

I think some of you got me wrong. In movies and tv, I'm not bothered really. It's more magazine shots I was talking about. Sometimes it's actually the right way to go in a film, a bit of nudity. And I like p0rn as much as the next person but magazine shots, nude ones, just seems a bit like, 'here are my breasts' and we don't need that from Amanda, because we know how beautiful she is, how wonderful. We don't need that from her, or any actress really. People like Jordan and Jodie Marsh, it's too late for them to crawl any credibility back as anything but a glamour model though

And violence on films doesn't really bother me because it's not real. I can't stand to even listen to the news most days though.
                  sigpic-
                  +I thought I was a fool for no one
                  but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    it's not the autograph line, it's at bridge studios. and yep, they do. seen it myself.

a good chunk of the cast/crew bring thier pets to work, thus you need the pooper scooper station to clean up the 'land mines'

Sorry. I was trying to make a funny caption for Amanda's expression. Guess my 'sublte' attempt at humor was a little too 'subtle'. I'll have to try again

Comment

Hey Everyone,

How is everyone today? I wanted to add my thanks for all the links people posted today/yesterday I loved them all and Amanda is so brave with her fear of hights, she's such a trooper! (((((((Amanda)))))))

As for the nudity thing, MHO is, some things should be left to "our" very capable imaginations
                      I wouldn't think any less of an actor for choosing to do it, I just think it has a very selective place on TV although having said that there is nothing wrong with nakedness being shown as long as is done with decency and in the right context for the time of day its being watched and also who is watching (kids, adults or families) of course this is just MHO though, but I'm glad I don't know what's under that flag Amanda is wrapped in, cause if I did I'd need CPR!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

given that the entertainment industry has no shortage of, imho, lechers that will take advantage of a 'fresh young face' t o get thier thrills with, i have no shortage of respect for those that take the harder path and say 'no' when pressured to 'just unbutton that button honey'

I admire and respect them.

Sex and violence in entertainment is a very complex issue with no real right or wrong answer. But i think, if more people were educated in just how fake the entertainment business is (as in special effects) then maybe they'd be able to see the smoke and mirrors for what they are, instead of accepting them as reality
                        The issue I have with them is not so much the nudity but the way it's presented, which is all sell, sell, sell. Tricia Helfer did a Playboy shoot last year which left nothing to the imagination, but surprisingly the photos looked gorgeous- because it was a good photographer who composed the shots nicely, did some good work with the lighting and also the photos were black and white, which are always more flattering. It was more about the overall aschetic of the human body as opposed to 'Look! Naked breasts! Baby oil!' which is an attitude that really gets to me and which I don't think is an accurate or positive portrayal of the female (and to an extent, male) body.

Interesting, genuine erotic art I like (one of my favourite places in London is Coffee, Cake and Kink- have your cuppa with a side order of an erotic art gallery downstairs ) but the business that encourages young actresses to, like you say, Sky, think that doing that will act as career exposure I have little respect for. It should be a choice made by a person who has confidence and self-respect, who wants to do it for themselves, and not just to sell a series and because someone coerced them into it. And if they decide that it's not something they want to do, then good on them as well.
                        sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Sorry. I was trying to make a funny caption for Amanda's expression. Guess my 'sublte' attempt at humor was a little too 'subtle'. I'll have to try again
                          i got it. 'twas in quotation marks, which helped. good caption.

Comment

Regarding the flag photos, it looks like they just wrapped the flag over her outfit. You can see the lace peeking over the flag in one of the photos.

Comment

i miss the days when he was a polite young man that was fun to be around

when was that? cos i'm pretty sure that has never happened!

i'm gonna stop picking on AD soon. i swear. just gimme some more time.

(sorry AD. well, sorry-ish)

Comment

Spoiler:

*Raises hand* I got that it was a caption. Nice one I do love her expression in that one- AT does subtle humour so much (often revolving around her great comic timing) that sometimes I forget about the great wacky/exaggerated faces she can pull that are purely there to make us giggle
                                sigpic

Courtesy of smurf, as always

Comment

Working...
                                X