Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stargate barbie View Post

when was that? cos i'm pretty sure that has never happened!

i'm gonna stop picking on AD soon. i swear. just gimme some more time.

(sorry AD. well, sorry-ish)
    lol sif you are

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      i miss the days when he was a polite young man that was fun to be around
      and i miss the days when gw was leet and didnt have so many noobs that thrive on ineffective moderating. but i guess we can't all have what we want

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
        Sorry. I was trying to make a funny caption for Amanda's expression. Guess my 'sublte' attempt at humor was a little too 'subtle'. I'll have to try again
        or i'm just really, really dense

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
        but the business that encourages young actresses to, like you say, Sky, think that doing that will act as career exposure I have little respect for. It should be a choice made by a person who has confidence and self-respect, who wants to do it for themselves, and not just to sell a series and because someone coerced them into it. And if they decide that it's not something they want to do, then good on them as well.

yeah like....remember working girl? how melanie griffith ran around in panties and bra. or pretty woman and julia roberts in her undies. ever seen her like that since?

I haven't. which kinda suggests to me that both of them could have been...encouraged to show some skin, and since they were new girls in thier first role, they did what the director told them to do...cause they needed the job and, like amanda in cotg, didn't speak up about a concern because tehy know that if tehy get labeled as a trouble maker they could lose any further work.

fortunately, all 3 of them were able to move on and create a career beyond the 'oh look, boobies' stage.

unfortunately, they're the minority. for every one of them there's a dozen other actresses that never get past that 'i gotta work so i gotta suck it up and do what the director tells me to' stage
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie View Post

when was that? cos i'm pretty sure that has never happened!

i'm gonna stop picking on AD soon. i swear. just gimme some more time.

(sorry AD. well, sorry-ish)
          hey, we're just pwning the bully. i thought that was on par with pwning the noobs and all part of teh fun?

cruel snark is actually worse to read than well meant but uninformed comments
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post

ETA: Oh and here's a pic that I didn't see on the blog itself, courtesy of the group in the Trio Pre-Airing Spec thread.
            cool!

*saves pic*

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              hey, we're just pwning the bully. i thought that was on par with pwning the noobs and all part of teh fun?

cruel snark is actually worse to read than well meant but uninformed comments
              k, i don't get it, am i the cruel one? or the uninformed one?

anyway back to the on topic discussion. i think nudity is fine in tv and/or movies as long as its not just there for nudities sake. then i think its stupid, and just harms a film. just like graphic violence for the shock factor.

if AT were to do some nekkid scenes then i wouldn't care so long as it made sense. the fact that she's not comfortable doing it, and so would use a body double when a scene calls for some nekkidness, makes me respect her more for the fact that she will not do what she's clearly not comfortable with.

Comment

i think skydiver has just been trying to slyly insinuate something. probably just best to ignore it and get back onto topic tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                  My thoughts exactly. If someone is comfortable enough to do nude scenes/pics, more power to them. I've never understoond the aversion to nudity/sexual scenes when people seem to have no problem watching someone get blown to bits. Which is REALLY more offensive?
                  Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
                  Sexual morals are a complex issue linked to culture, age, religion and personal taste. I wouldn't impose my morals on others and I expect the same courtesy in return.

But, like you, I see that violence in society causes much less comment than, oh, Janet Jackson having a 'wardrobe malfunction' and that worries and saddens me.

FF

*nods*

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
                    Hey all, sorry i havent been round lately this darn concussion isnt getting any better i have to take panadol every morning to get rid of the seariously acking head, and find my self sometimes on the floor either rolling aroung in agony or in utter discomfort.
                    Blargh, sounds nasty. Feel well soon!

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

Look at who is number 8 on this list! Sorry if it has been posted before

And look who is number 3 on the July list
                    Cool. Of course, both Amanda and Teryl should've of been #1, but they still did really well! Woo!

Originally posted by Celandine View Post

I love Amanda but....

Spoiler:

Ack! What was she thinking?!!
                    Hehe, oh dear. I quite like her hair, though it does look like she's wearing a muppet. She always looks lovely in photoshoots, but sometimes I think whoever picks the outfits for them must have a really bizarre fashion sense!

Spoiler:

"Did TPTB really have to put the pooper scooper container next to the autograph line?"
                    "I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jello..."

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                      Great pic...thank you spaz for sharing...I don't mind heights at all...I used to climb trees as a kid and used to climb on to the roof of our house to collect the moss and make little fairy gardens in butter tubs...I would love to go abseiling one of these days...heights don't scare me...but flying does!!
                      Ha, I didn't realize how late on the ball I was when I posted that stuff. Should've known. Ah well.

And wow, brave girl! Though I think I may need a proper pic to visualize moss-fairy gardens in butter tubs. Have any on hand?

Comment

I do love her expression in that one- AT does subtle humour so much (often revolving around her great comic timing) that sometimes I forget about the great wacky/exaggerated faces she can pull that are purely there to make us giggle
                        And then there was Moebius... You gotta have a huge amount of respect for someone who can 'spoof' themselves... well their character... and do it just that well...
                        sigpic
                        awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

there's a new message from amanda on her website. and the birthday wishes are up. yay on both!

i LOVE to hear about amanda's life. olivia is a wonderful blessing to someone as beautiful (in soul) as amanda. amanda is truly enjoying her blessings.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

"Did TPTB really have to put the pooper scooper container next to the autograph line?"
                            Sorry. I was trying to make a funny caption for Amanda's expression. Guess my 'sublte' attempt at humor was a little too 'subtle'. I'll have to try again
                            No need! I was totally laughing out loud with that cap. Would be exactly my thought and expression. Well done!

Originally posted by rolleson View Post
                            You do make sense. They are sexy shots but not, like, basic, page three nude shots. It is sexier because of what you're not seeing. To me anyway. Everyday I flick through the Sun, look at the topless girl on page three and in I never find it sexy. Those pics of Amanda in that pink..thing, have me going every time.

I'm not sure how I would feel actually. In a film or on tv, I wouldn't feel as strongly about it. I would certainly be disappointed if she did nude magazine shots I guess. I have no morals, I mean (lol) moral objection to nudity, I just, I don't care what some women do, but I just don't think it's anything any woman (or man I suppose) should
                            aspire to do. I guess it is a matter of class, but it's sometimes about keeping that last thing to yourself when so many people know everything else about you. Most of us all know everything about Amanda, except what she looks like underneath that flag. It's the last part of her.

And as much, as much as I would die to see Amanda Tapping naked (or die when I saw her naked) I would just, for me, I'm happy with what I have seen so far.
                            I'd rather not oggle over naked women in magazines or films. The 'teaser photos' that I've seen of Amanda are enough. They catch your eye, make you go, "woah" and leave lots to the imagination. This is just what I like. I have a total respect for her not giving into the pressure of baring all..even at the beginning of her career which might have been very easy for her to do I'm sure. Goes to show you that women can be strong, confident and damn sexy without showing boobs, ass and everything else just to make a name for themselves and be a success in their chosen career.

*Raises hand* I got that it was a caption. Nice one I do love her expression in that one- AT does subtle humour so much (often revolving around her great comic timing) that sometimes I forget about the great wacky/exaggerated faces she can pull that are purely there to make us giggle
                            LOL..yes. My friend showed me a few pics of Amanda today...er, yesterday I mean *looks at clock* and her menagerie of expressions are so freaking funny! Maybe she'll post a few for you so you can get some laughs as well. *hints*

Originally posted by Cascade View Post

Hehe, oh dear. I quite like her hair, though it does look like she's wearing a muppet. She always looks lovely in photoshoots, but sometimes I think whoever picks the outfits for them must have a really bizarre fashion sense!
                            ROFL..wearing a muppet...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                              I hear ya. I even get vertigo from heights while playing virtual games.

Quite pathetic, I know, but I've gotten used to being teased about it.
                              I get vertigo when I go to the iMax theatre==the 70 mm movies where you feel like your IN the picture. I close my eyes when it happens. Especially when it's footage from the air or on water--motion sickness. Ick!! And I grew up with a pilot for a Dad. Strangely I didn't usually get sick while in a plane, large or small, except when it feels like waves. Regular turbulence doesn't bother me at all. Going to Avalon (England) I was fine on BA but on those big buses sailing over small rises I did get queasy a few times. Well worth the slight discomfort meeting RDA and Amanda. What a trip!!!!

donamac

Comment

Hehe, I love the new message from Amanda on her site She does deserve such loving fans! Hehe, she does!

Love the little bit of computer humour... tee hee! Geek!
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X