Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
    I'll have you know that a crumpet is completely different to both American-style pancakes and English muffins (well, mostly) Crumpets are something you'd have for tea, toasted and usually with butter, jam, honey, etc spread on top. Wiki description of English crumpets: "Crumpets are generally circular though long and square varieties also exist [I've yet to see them... ] They have a distinctive flat top covered in small pores and a resilient, slightly spongy texture. Crumpets alone are bland and generally eaten hot with a topping (usually butter)." I must say that I'm not that keen on them. I imagine that the Aussies have some rather, er, inventive toppings that they use. Vegamite, anyone?
    My flatmate has vegemite on English Muffins when I have jam, honey or golden syrup on crumpets.

I can't believe there are countries in the world without crumpets! It needs to be part of the AT3 experience, dontcha think?
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
      Try going to SciFi Pulse first - I had trouble getting the bideo to player earlier when I clicked on the link on the SGA page, thought it was just because my connection speed is really slow today - but when I went to SciFi pulse and clicked on the link on that page it played just fine (loaded slow but played)

http://www.scifi.com/pulse/

Thank you. Just saw it and it looked very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
        Neep you are a nut! Gotta love ya though.

Love the pic btw....hilarious. Nice Photoshopping too *g* What's a crumpet though? Looks more like a pancake or what I would call an "english muffin."

And to steer it once again back on topic...

I love Amanda but....

Spoiler:

Ack! What was she thinking?!!
        I need to feed you crumpets my friend! *adds it to list of things to do if you ever make it to England* They're hard to compare to anything else.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
        My flatmate has vegemite on English Muffins when I have jam, honey or golden syrup on crumpets.

I can't believe there are countries in the world without crumpets! It needs to be part of the AT3 experience, dontcha think?
        I have butter or jam...my mum gets the best home made jam from some of the little old ladies at church and it's fantastic on hot crumpets...mm...hmm..I wonder when dinner is.
        sigpic
        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

To apologise for being so off topic... here is Amanda with a crumpet on her head.

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6...crumpetfb6.jpg
          Mmmmm....crumpets!!!!
          Originally posted by Celandine;7085841
          Love the pic btw....hilarious. Nice Photoshopping too *g* What's a crumpet though?
          I love Amanda but....
          Ack! What was she thinking?!![url
          http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f10/051494/Celandine/normal_amanda43.jpg[/url]
          What is a crumpet??? Why it's one of the yummiest things you can have for breakfast, lunch and tea....very yummmmmmy! I'm thinking we might need to set up an exchange here of food stuffs...like Tim Tams, crumpets, Jaffa's and vegemite!!
          As for Amanda...I prefer that outfit over the dress she wore in Chimera when she went out with Pete to the dance...but that's just my thinking!!
          Originally posted by resurgamlaura View Post
          I'll have you know that a crumpet is completely different to both American-style pancakes and English muffins (well, mostly) Crumpets are something you'd have for tea, toasted and usually with butter, jam, honey, etc spread on top. Wiki description of English crumpets: "Crumpets are generally circular though long and square varieties also exist [I've yet to see them...] They have a distinctive flat top covered in small pores and a resilient, slightly spongy texture. Crumpets alone are bland and generally eaten hot with a topping (usually butter)." I must say that I'm not that keen on them. I imagine that the Aussies have some rather, er, inventive toppings that they use. Vegamite, anyone?
          Crumpets are best served hot with butter and jam or honey....but never vegemite...putting vegemite on crumpets is like putting gravy on cornflakes!! Yuk!
          This out fit would be a bit tragic on anyone else, but Amanda works it!
          http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2...ingsamako4.jpg
          Let's just face it....Amanda can work anything...which is why I would love to see her with pigtails!!!! Sorry...couldn't help myself!!!
          Or the AT4!!! Or we could always try to organize an "Amanda Feast of the World" convention where we all gather with Amanda and trade different types of foods from our respective countries....Eileen, you can bring the crumpets and Smiley can bring the vegemite...I'll bring the Tim Tams and Jaffa's!!!
          I really should get to bed...have to be up in 4 hours...whoops!!!
          If you guys who are going to AT3 want to have some crumpets and don't know anyone who can supply some...give me a hoy and I'll send them over!!
          Night all...again!!
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
            lol, but if you pwn them before they pwn you its all good and its not like noobs posting hell stupid things breeds anything better.
            I miss the days when you spoke English. Or is that just in my faulty memory?

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
              But you won't break your neck on a boxed set and given your recent history with rollerblades...

FF
              (Though knowing Neep, she could trip over the boxed set, fall down the stairs and do as much damage as jumping out of a plane)
              they do say your home can be one of the most dangerous places. The box sets could also do damage if dropped on a toe. Or falling off a bookshelf onto your head. (I can hear you saying that books knocked onto jckfan's head may explain a few things... )

I admire AT for being willing to go up in one of those rigs despite her fear of heights. She's a real team player isn't she? I also as a viewer am looking forward to whatever that scene turns out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                I miss the days when you spoke English. Or is that just in my faulty memory?
                i miss the days when he was a polite young man that was fun to be around
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

Sam: Sir, I can't believe you took the last crumpet. And since when do you even eat crumpets?
                  Jack: Just embracing the ANZUS alliance, Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                    As for Amanda...I prefer that outfit over the dress she wore in Chimera when she went out with Pete to the dance...but that's just my thinking!!

Crumpets are best served hot with butter and jam or honey....but never vegemite...putting vegemite on crumpets is like putting gravy on cornflakes!! Yuk!
                    Okay, A. I loved her hair in that scene!!! and
                    B. What exactly is vegemite?
                    sigpic
                    awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

Slight photographic rules reminder folks

Any and ALL photos that you post must NOT be hotlinked from another site without that site owner's permission. Photobuckt and the like don't count as long as it's your account that they're linked from

Any and ALL inline photos (posted with the IMG tag) must be less than 700 pixels wide. And they must not stretch out the forum and make it too wide

Any and ALL photos posted MUST be appropriate. No nudity, no manips of the actors. Please note that 'appropriate' is a relative term and if you think something is appropriate and we don't, we win.

Boobs, to be blunt, are off limits unless they're covered up with something. Tasteful Nudes are not appropriate here, be they male or female.

Now, taking off the mod hat, Amanda hasn't done a nude photo since her mother might have snapped pics of her in the bathtub when she was an infant. thus, any boob shots you see with her, ain't her. Same applies for Claudia.

Mod hat back on...please have fun sharing photos. But while you're doing it, please be courteous of your fellow forum members. Keep the file sizes small, keep them in line and make them tasteful.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i'm glad she's never done any nude stuff. and the right lingere or the right amount of cleavage, leg, skin can be so so much sexier. it's all about what's underneath, what can be revealed later, what's yet to come, its the anticipation of it all. the beauty of anticipation.
                        sigpic-
                        +I thought I was a fool for no one
                        but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                          Mmmmm....crumpets!!!!

What is a crumpet??? Why it's one of the yummiest things you can have for breakfast, lunch and tea....very yummmmmmy! I'm thinking we might need to set up an exchange here of food stuffs...like Tim Tams, crumpets, Jaffa's and vegemite!!

Or the AT4!!! Or we could always try to organize an "Amanda Feast of the World" convention where we all gather with Amanda and trade different types of foods from our respective countries....Eileen, you can bring the crumpets and Smiley can bring the vegemite...I'll bring the Tim Tams and Jaffa's!!!
                          I really should get to bed...have to be up in 4 hours...whoops!!!
                          If you guys who are going to AT3 want to have some crumpets and don't know anyone who can supply some...give me a hoy and I'll send them over!!
                          Night all...again!!
                          An 'Amanda Feast of the World' sounds like an excellent idea! Even though there's no new information out there yet about AT4, I'm definitely setting the pennies aside for it. *wonders what she could bring*

...and Tim Tams? Jaffa? *ish thorougly confused*

Anyways, do I hear a caption?

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by rolleson View Post
                            i'm glad she's never done any nude stuff. and the right lingere or the right amount of cleavage, leg, skin can be so so much sexier. it's all about what's underneath, what can be revealed later, what's yet to come, its the anticipation of it all. the beauty of anticipation.
                            It's called 'Class'. I so agree that whole concept can make someone much hotter than they actually are...
                            Huge amount of respect for her for not doing nudity shots. There are the ones with the flag, but those are done in a very classy style. And even though I'm a female I'll venture to say that those are more sexy than any straight on nudity shot would be... What is that saying... well twisted a bit... there is that big fine line between sexy and smutty
                            Did I make any sense?
                            sigpic
                            awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

they do say your home can be one of the most dangerous places. The box sets could also do damage if dropped on a toe. Or falling off a bookshelf onto your head. (I can hear you saying that books knocked onto jckfan's head may explain a few things... )
                              Didn't say a word...

I admire AT for being willing to go up in one of those rigs despite her fear of heights. She's a real team player isn't she? I also as a viewer am looking forward to whatever that scene turns out to be.
                              A real trouper.
                              I'm still unsure about Atlantis, I've casually watched a few episodes; it just doesn't grab me. It's clearly a fine show, good production values, good actors, but I haven't jelled with the characters, which is crucial for my enjoyment of a show. I don't watch much TV at all.
                              I'm not sure Sam is enough of a draw to get me in, much as I'm pleased that Amanda has got the gig and think she'll be an asset to the show.

Originally posted by rolleson View Post
                              Oh, I would never think any less of Amanda or any actor or actress for doing nude shots. I have no moral objection at all to nudity; I've drawn enough dodgy stuff over the years. And I've got a copy of Locker Room Nudes (the French National Rugby Team) and several Mapplethorpe books on the shelf. Amongst other things.
                              I do object to putting her head on someone else's body, that's just tacky and rude.
                              Though I do agree, the beauty of antici(say it, Frankie)pation is often much more alluring.

FF
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                                HI EVERYONE!

WOW! Amanda is so brave in doing that going up so high , i could totaly understand how scary that would be evan with the safty gear wow well done Amanda (hugs)

I have a great fear of hights my freinds try to get me on the rides at dream world and movie world i try to go on them but my fear gets to me iv done absaling that was ok cos i wasnt looking down but anything else i wont do .

im such a chicken
                                I hear ya. I even get vertigo from heights while playing virtual games.

Quite pathetic, I know, but I've gotten used to being teased about it.
                                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 09 September 2007, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X