X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
    ummmm, very interesting statement in Joe's blog
    Spoiler:
    ....snip....Not one, not two, but three pregnancies to throw the schedule into a tizzy. Hey, this is life and a pregnancy is a happy event to be celebrated and, if at all possible, worked into a storyline. We did and, in my opinion, added a whole new layer to our planned season four mega-arc.....snip....

Ok, we know one is Rachel.
    I don't think he means they are all in Season 4 Atlantis.

Spoiler:
    I think he means Amanda, Claudia, then Rachel.
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

Spoiler:
      Although, he could have meant season 4.

Spoiler:
      I believe Rachel, David and Jason all had/will have new additions to their families during season 4 filming.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
        And 'biskets' arrreee...cookies perhaps? Going by your description, it's the first thing that popped into my head. If so, tis weird how every country has different names for the same food.

Hope you feel better soon too! *hugs*

hehe..thanks for the chuckle! Well done!

awe, it is cute! Very well drawn too. I especially loved the MGM lion in the beginning. hehe Reminded me of a cross between a fox and a beaver. Pointy ears and buck teeth. *snickers*

awe that's cool! What a friend to carry Jello so far just for a birthday surprise.

Neat! I havent had blue jello in ages. I need to make a pan of the jigglers I think tomorrow. What could be better than food you play with?

Oh nice pic btw, but question is....which one is yoooouuu! And don't tell me the one holding the blue jello. hehe
        Yeah biscuits are cookies , Thanks *hugs back*

Hehe! I'm the one with the glasses and the rained on hair

*eta*

Snerk... Emma is wearing her "What Would Janeway Do?" shirt.
        OH MY Gosh i want that shirt. Or maybe insteid a "What would Janet Do?"(to stick with the J's )

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
        Oh man I laughed so hard I think I pulled something...I would green you but I have greened you too much you much greenable person you.

That is rather cute lol....the theme tune should always be like that!

That's awesome! I want a Stargate birthday now

And with ice cream...there is something wonderful about jelly and ice cream no matter how old you are...prefferably stripy jelly. Stripy jelly is my culinary specialty when my mums throws barbecues for our friends and family in the summer....that and bananas and marsbars
        Yes Stargate birthday. Just before dinner i was sitting with my mum and talking about it and i said i want Blue Jello for breakfast and for dessert
        sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          mmhm, sooky drongo
          can someone translate teh aussie for us yanks please?
          if i'm gonna start using that, i need to know what it means
          Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
          Well......
          a sook is a cry baby
          and drongo has several meanings but in Rodney's case it would be an inept, awkward or embarrassing person
          it also can be a fool, a stupid person, a dimwit or slow-witted person
          What RoX said...another thing Rodney can be is a sooky la la...which is basically the same thing but without the drongo added to it!
          Heh, that sounds awful. But it's meant in the nicest possible way! Affectionate, like
          "Ya cheeky drongo!"
          Yeah...just like that...it's not meant to be nasty...it's kinda saying something derogatorily without being mean!! If that made sense!!
          Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
          Yeah a lot of Aussie stuff is all about context and delivery
          an insult can be an insult or a term of affection or anything in between
          True...so we can be mean when trying to be nice...or nice when trying to be mean...we are a confused bunch!!!
          No...seriously...the aussie language isn't too bad...we have some weird sayings but in general they are harmless...so if ever in doubt...ask!!!
          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          ah ok, well just so that we'renot mean, he can be our cute widdle wuvvable sooky drongo

can you imagine teh fun they'd have in an eps? have an aussie team member, call himthat, then have rod go nuts for the whole eps trying to figure out what it means?
          *cough*...uhm...I volunteer...please...let me at him...I wanna confuse Rodney!!!!!
          Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
          Hey Everyone,
          First I love this > sooky drongo! HeHe! Now I have something new to call my brother, and he wont have any idea what it means
          It was a great message I was ROTFL! At the "Mac Hospital", I was nice to hear a little of Amanda's family news too, and little Olivia starting pre-school aww made me go all broody and feel old at the same time Oooh, I wonder if Amanda got her b'day cards/post cards that were sent to Bridge yet?
          Julia(samcarterrules)
          Yeah...wow...Olivia in pre school already...I'm thinking that pre school over there is different from pre school here...basically, pre school is just another term for kindergarten...children don't start pre school til the age of 4...unless they do 3 year old kinder which is basically playgroup without mummy. Playgroup is like mothers groups...where mummy's take kiddies to a centre and play with other mummies and kiddies...mothers group is the same thing but less organized and usually held in alternating homes of the kiddies and mummies!!...and where mummies drink champagne and eat chocolate and talk about their partners and let the kids go crazy outside in the sand pit...well that's what we kinda did...it all helps in socializing the kids in preparation for school years and life in general...I never went to kinder...and I turned out ok...except when out in public...then I kinda freak out!!!...just joshing folks!!!
          Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          I can just see Rod, going up to Sam and telling her what they are calling him. He's assuming since she's an egg head like him, she wouldn't know. Then he sees the smirk on her face and says..."oh come on, that's not fair, how could you possibly know that?"
          OMG...I can so hear Rodney saying that...LOL...yeah...that would be awesome...and Sam can say..."Coz...chelle told me"!!!!...and then leave him wondering "who the hell is chelle"?!!!!!
          Originally posted by Über View Post
          Don't know if this was posted here or not yet but there's a new article in SciFi Weekly with some interview tidbits...including a segment with Amanda. Some of it's familiar ground but the bit on McKay cracked me up:
          Spoiler:

Tapping: Well, I think he just simply has to concede that Carter's smarter and better [laughs]. I think he's come to terms with that, and if he hasn't then he should.
          Read the rest to see bits with David, Rachel and Joe.
          http://www.scifi.com/sfw/interviews/sfw16933.html
          Thanks Über!! I especially love the bit about who's smarter!!! Of course we already know who...and it ain't Rodney!!!!!! I can hear Amanda's laugh now thanks to JanSam...what a classic...you know if I'm having a bummer of a day...I just watch that vid of Amanda laughing and I feel much better!!!! She's so cool!!!!
          Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
          Well now what are we supposed to do without the doohickey... Which doohickey was it and can it be replaced?!
          Well today at work, the doohickey upstairs broke so now they're using my doohickey...go figure...I have the biggest, bestest and newest doohickeys at work...not as exciting as it sounds I can assure you!!
          Originally posted by rderoch View Post
          ummmm, very interesting statement in Joe's blog
          Spoiler:
          ....snip....Not one, not two, but three pregnancies to throw the schedule into a tizzy. Hey, this is life and a pregnancy is a happy event to be celebrated and, if at all possible, worked into a storyline. We did and, in my opinion, added a whole new layer to our planned season four mega-arc.....snip....
          Ok, we know one is Rachel.
          Spoiler:
          Hmmm....
          Spoiler:
          I don't think he means Amanda and Claudia...unless there is another baby on the way for Amanda that we don't know about yet...But...I'm thinking that 2 of them are Rachel's baby and David Hewlett's baby(which is due very very soon)...but the third one...no idea!
          I guess we will soon find out...someones bound to ask who the three babies are...right??

So...s'nice and quiet!! I think tonight I might try and actually sleep.
          Good night everyone...take care, be safe, have fun and hug your loved ones.
          (((Samanda)))

Did I mention that I made a rant to the tv guide here and it got printed??...it was about the lack of interest the media shows to sci fi...Stargate in particular!! I was so peeved when the 200th ep aired and not a word was written about it...yet they have all these stupid write ups about the soaps and foreign movies and fashion...so I ranted...and they printed it...woohoo...I'm such a doofas!!!
          Last edited by Chelle DB; 11 September 2007, 03:03 AM.
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
            A little more than OT.

I'm going to be offline for a while. We just found out yesterday that my Dad has Cancer and it's spread through out his body.

That's the reason why I won't be posting as much as I would when Atlantis starts.

Bye for now.
            I'm sorry to hear this. I know it's hard on the whole family. We'll be here whenever you have a chance to come by, and we'll miss you in the meantime.
            sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
            May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
              OH MY Gosh i want that shirt. Or maybe insteid a "What would Janet Do?"(to stick with the J's )

Yes Stargate birthday. Just before dinner i was sitting with my mum and talking about it and i said i want Blue Jello for breakfast and for dessert
              That would be a cool t shirt! *plots* and I am now jealous of your birthday mind you..my birthday is likely to feature snowboarding so I can't be too jealous. Hehehe...I should just make tonnes of blue jelly for my mates and enjoy their uncomprehending looks.

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
              What RoX said...another thing Rodney can be is a sooky la la...which is basically the same thing but without the drongo added to it!

Yeah...just like that...it's not meant to be nasty...it's kinda saying something derogatorily without being mean!! If that made sense!!

True...so we can be mean when trying to be nice...or nice when trying to be mean...we are a confused bunch!!!
              No...seriously...the aussie language isn't too bad...we have some weird sayings but in general they are harmless...so if ever in doubt...ask!!!

<snip for length>

Did I mention that I made a rant to the tv guide here and it got printed??...it was about the lack of interest the media shows to sci fi...Stargate in particular!! I was so peeved when the 200th ep aired and not a word was written about it...yet they have all these stupid write ups about the soaps and foreign movies and fashion...so I ranted...and they printed it...woohoo...I'm such a doofas!!!
              I think british slang is much the same...of maybe just the guys I hang out with...things that should really be offensive are affectionate in the right tone and well done on getting your rant printed! I am suitably impressed
              sigpic
              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

September 11, 2001

I know this is way off topic and I apologise in advance, but I cannae help but post this. I am an American and this day figures greatly into our lives now. Over 3000 people died on this day six years ago when a series of coordinated suicidal attacks by extremists targeted New York and Washington.

My thoughts today go to those directly affected who had friends, husbands, wives, girlfriend/boyfriends, mothers, fathers and grandparents who perished in this tragedy as a result. A day they won't ever forget, but will always find hard to remember.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                  Although, he could have meant season 4.

Spoiler:
                  I believe Rachel, David and Jason all had/will have new additions to their families during season 4 filming.
                  Ah...there you have it then...I didn't know about Jason...he's having a baby too???
                  Night folks!!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                    September 11, 2001
                    I know this is way off topic and I apologise in advance, but I cannae help but post this. I am an American and this day figures greatly into our lives now. Over 3000 people died on this day six years ago when a series of coordinated suicidal attacks by extremists targeted New York and Washington.
                    My thoughts today go to those directly affected who had friends, husbands, wives, girlfriend/boyfriends, mothers, fathers and grandparents who perished in this tragedy as a result. A day they won't ever forget, but will always find hard to remember.
                    This day had affected many peoples world wide...I will never forget watching it unfold on the tv late that night...my husbands reaction to it was frightening at best...my thoughts go out to all those who have been affected by the tragedy of 911.
                    Hug your loved ones!!!
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                      Ah...there you have it then...I didn't know about Jason...he's having a baby too???
                      Night folks!!
                      I believe Jason and Lisa Bonet had a baby this past July.

Comment

I will never forget where i was, 6 y ears ago, at about this time. Just getting to work and getting a flash memo from nbc about a special report. Seems some plane hit the world trade center.

so i went into master control, checked that they had taken the special report, saw that they had adn went back to my desk.

Having never seen the WTC, i had no idea the scale of the building...or how big that hole was. I thought some idiot in a cessna had hit the building.

Then started a series of events that had us watching the set, seeking info on the net, and realizing that life would never be the same and that, eventually, i'd just lived through my generation's Pearl Harbor.

And i've been reminded every time i glance down at the clock, and it's 9:11

those numbers will never just be numbers again
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

To all my American friends and all those touched by Sept 11
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I remember my dad waking me up with the news. The first he heard of it was when his radio alarm woke him up at 6.15 just as the announcers usually go onto financial news and they were saying "of course... we don't have any info on the American markets..." Huh?

I walked into my first class that day, sat down and said "they're going to make a movie out of this." That's all I could think. I couldn't picture the individuals involved because it was all too much.

My sister got a spectacularly bloody head injury and spent the day in the Doctor's waiting room watching the news on TV. When she finally got to see the emergency doctor, she found he was a New Yorker who hadn't heard from his family in Manhattan.

Anyway, my thoughts are with all our American friends.
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

I was living and working in Washington, D.C. on September 11, 2001. I can still remember each second of the day like it was yesterday. I will never forget it. Nor will I ever forget the acts of bravery and heroism of so many on that day and in the days since.

Heroes 1&2 had a profound effect on me and my friends. Unbeknownst to each other, we recently realized we all watch Heroes whenever we lose somebody. I will be watching it tonight and know they will be watching it too.

Heroes not only honors those who've fallen, but it reminds us to remember their lives, not just their deaths. And most importantly, it reminds us to tell the people in our lives that we love them. Anybody can go at any time. And the only way to be prepared is to hug them every day and tell them you love them.

I like the Stargate SG-1 crew and cast for a lot of reasons. They made the show fun and funny, there are lots of cool stories and cool characters, and they make me think about things. But, first and foremost, I like them because of Heroes. I wish I knew of a way to thank them for the messages in the episodes and the small measure of comfort Heroes provides on days like today. As long as the show was on TV, I knew others would be watching and honoring those who serve their country. It saddens me that the series cancellation will remove this reminder from the general public's eye.

Thank you for remembering.

Comment

My thoughts are with our American friends today.
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Working...
                                X