Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mmmhm, Carter's traits.

plucky. sounds silly but, well there's never a 'ewwe, no i can't' from her. Jack says 'do this' and, while she might give him a 'what, are you nuts???' look, she finds a way to make it work.

commonly intelligent. Trust me, i work with a lot of egg heads...folks that can build a bridge but can't turn on a computer. It's so nice to have a few around that have not only mental intelligence but common sense and the social skills to actually be decent to be around

snarky. which is so important. Yes, the job might be life and death, but you know, if you can't laugh at something, you're not living. And there is humor in the most dire of circumstances. Dark humor is sometimes the best way to keep your sanity when the world is going bonkers

Amanda - i dunno if i've ever met a person who's more kind and sharing. there's no 'me star/you fan' about her. no false fronts. what you see is what you get. and it's an honesty that puts you at ease - and probably makes it easier for her to deal with us nutters

I know of more than one charity auction that she's running where she'll go 'ok, i'll match what y'all bid' or 'of course i'll sign it'
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      mmmhm, Carter's traits.

plucky. sounds silly but, well there's never a 'ewwe, no i can't' from her. Jack says 'do this' and, while she might give him a 'what, are you nuts???' look, she finds a way to make it work.
      It's funny...but when I see "ewwe"...I think of Bloodlines when she had to stick her hand in the vat of symbiotes in Bloodlines. And then there's the "ewwe" look she had in The Curse. LOL She'll do it the gross stuff but she don't like it.
      commonly intelligent. Trust me, i work with a lot of egg heads...folks that can build a bridge but can't turn on a computer. It's so nice to have a few around that have not only mental intelligence but common sense and the social skills to actually be decent to be around
      Good one. She even uses food to prove her point...although she definitely got lost in a brainiac tangent when trying to explain wormholes to Jack in Matter of Time. LOL
      snarky. which is so important. Yes, the job might be life and death, but you know, if you can't laugh at something, you're not living. And there is humor in the most dire of circumstances. Dark humor is sometimes the best way to keep your sanity when the world is going bonkers
      It also helps her deal with irritating people. "Go suck a lemon" indeed.
      Amanda - i dunno if i've ever met a person who's more kind and sharing. there's no 'me star/you fan' about her. no false fronts. what you see is what you get. and it's an honesty that puts you at ease - and probably makes it easier for her to deal with us nutters
      We may be looney toons, but we're thankfully still on the medicated side of sanity. We're her kind of nutty.
      I know of more than one charity auction that she's running where she'll go 'ok, i'll match what y'all bid' or 'of course i'll sign it'
      She knows intellectually that she's a draw (or at least I hope so by now)...but doesn't take it too seriously.

She's a star but doesn't take it to heart nor does she let it go to her head.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
        Loyalty would be the way that she never leaves Cassie's side in Singularity, the way she refuses to give up on Jack in Hundred Days and Paradise Lost, the way she is loyal to her team to the point of it being buried in her subconscious, she's loyal to her team even when she doesn't know who they are (Beneath the Surface).
        Excellent point. I also like that she is brilliant but never throws it in anyone's face.

Hope you all had a good holiday. I got S9 from my sister, who hears about my SG1 obession regularly. I'm looking forward to AT's commentary. I'll skip over some of those Sam-less episodes though.

Comment

yeah, sam is smarter than your average bear...but never tosses it in folks faces and says 'i'm sooo smart, neener, neener, neener'

in fact, don't we often see sam kinda deferring to folks, willing to let someone else have the lime light cause she just doesnt' seem to need it

sigpic

Comment

oh, another thing she does...notice how many times she'll run interferance for jack? like he'll be his normal charming self... and sam steps in and kinda rephrases stuff, softening jack's rough edges, especially when he's dealing with someone who's most annoying

sigpic

Comment

yeah, sam is smarter than your average bear...but never tosses it in folks faces and says 'i'm sooo smart, neener, neener, neener'

in fact, don't we often see sam kinda deferring to folks, willing to let someone else have the lime light cause she just doesnt' seem to need it

I was rewatching McKay and Mrs. Miller last night and your first sentence reminded me of McKay in Sam's lab. The way he wanted to just take charge.
              But she's never needed the limelight as you said.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                Hey all...long time no see. I don't know about you all (I've been Oooooober swamped with work, I'm sad to say)...but I'll bet many of you have some special plans for the holidays like spending time with friends and family and it's entirely possible that if I don't do this now, I won't be able to say "howdy" to some of you until you get back from your holiday travelling.

So here it is...five days early...my audio Christmas card to you all. I know, I must be nuts to put myself out there like this and set myself up for possible humiliation and criticism...but I hope that you all will simply listen to it and know that the sentiment behind my little attempt to entertain you with song is genuine. I wish nothing but the best for each and every one of you and look forward to spending more time with you in 2007 and beyond.

So...without further adieu...

That was a really special christmas message. Thank you and I hope you had a wonderful and very Merry Christmas yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                  I was rewatching McKay and Mrs. Miller last night and your first sentence reminded me of McKay in Sam's lab. The way he wanted to just take charge.
                  But she's never needed the limelight as you said.
                  you could attribute it to sam being a girl and not having that 'me da boss' drive that many males possess.

and since this is a pg forum i'm restraining myself about the use of a ruler

sigpic

Comment

Yea, she does do that, she doesn't have the ego, that many others do
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      Yea, she does do that, she doesn't have the ego, that many others do
                      And she's grace under pressure. There are those few times when she does crack, like 'Heroes' , and you're just like...wow... But I love how she is so level-headed.

Comment

I really like Sam's sense of humour, just the little looks she gives the others and i really laugh at those moments when you know she's trying not to laugh
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I was capping somethings for somebody tonight and caught this one - that it would be fun to Caption:

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                            I was capping somethings for somebody tonight and caught this one - that it would be fun to Caption:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d9...ffect/RE12.jpg
                            Teal'c: As senior officer Colonel Carter, should you not inform Colonel Mitchel of his condition?
                            Daniel: I'm with Teal'c on this one Sam.
                            Sam: Not gonna do it, not gonna look...
                            Cam: What is everybody's problem?????
                            sigpic

Comment

Sam: I got you some pants for Christmas, Cam! Lose them so soon?

Please, someone come up with something better!

Comment

Sam: Remember the story told you about "The Emperors' New Clothes".....
                                Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                                Quint Studer

Comment

Working...
                                X