Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    wow, 56 minutes in and nothing blew up

but we did get nice character development and rod
    Spoiler:
    meredith
    got some depth

little technobabbly, but good
    Thoroughly enjoyed SGA tonight! It was very different than shooting up Wraith, etc., but I really liked it. And I also liked the way
    Spoiler:
    Sam interacted with Rodney. He REALLY gets on her nerves! Funny!

Also liked the new special effect.....

Comment

So... Am I to understand that, when AT does an Atlantis episode (for any length, whatsoever), she's not going to be in much of the SG-1 episode? I'm just curious.

Comment

wheeee.....i just got my receipt for avalon
        Me too! Woo!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
          So... Am I to understand that, when AT does an Atlantis episode (for any length, whatsoever), she's not going to be in much of the SG-1 episode? I'm just curious.
          Hard to say, but it would appear that way, wouldn't it?

Comment

sally, the sam/rod interaction is worth the price of admission
            Oh without question. Especially when an unknown factoid about McKay is revealed.

*snerkles*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

spoilers for atlantis' new ep

Originally posted by AGateFan
              Nice teamy ending too. That was great. WHY ISNT SG-1 LIKE THAT (for me)ANYMORE!!!!!! Oh well, wrong thread. I was hoping we would see Sam at the end but you really cant fault them for going with the TEAM. Interesting on the
              Spoiler:
              ZPM, I didnt think they would deplete it altogether. I wonder if the other Rod with 2 ZPMs may come back into play sometime. Probably not. Apparently they are going to go with the intergalatic gate network, which makes no sense as now the Genii and Wraith can come to MW too. However it does have a nice B5 Jump Gate feel.

so is sam in, what, the first 20 minutes? i need to know when to shut off the recorder.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

yes, sally, first 20 minutes or so
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                  Hard to say, but it would appear that way, wouldn't it?
                  lol, bad guys vs. the path (whatever - I can't remember the entire title) was the first indication, and now this is...

Comment

I'm not up to doing any critiques tonight, but I loved Atlantis.
                    Spoiler:
                    I really liked Rodney's sister, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of her in the future.

SG-1 had some good acting from Claudia Black, especially
                    Spoiler:
                    the scene between her and MS when they're both pointing weapons at each other
                    , but the rest was pretty "meh."

My LJ

Comment

sally, the sam/rod interaction is worth the price of admission
                      M&MM was a hoot!
                      Spoiler:
                      Sam's and Rodney's banter is priceless! They have respect for each other even tho they won't admit it to each other. Finally, Sam got a good one on McKay.....MEREDITH!!! Now she can zing him!! Hee, hee, hee! After this episode I can safely say that Sam's stint on Atlantis far surpasses her appearance on SG-1 tonight!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                        I'm not up to doing any critiques tonight, but I loved Atlantis.
                        Spoiler:
                        I really liked Rodney's sister, and I wouldn't mind seeing more of her in the future.

SG-1 had some good acting from Claudia Black, especially
                        Spoiler:
                        the scene between her and MS when they're both pointing weapons at each other
                        , but the rest was pretty "meh."
                        I had the exact same reaction about Claudia's acting at the end. She played that very well and was good the whole episode. The beginning gave me hope that the Vala/Daniel act had settled down, but IMO he was back to being a putz at the end.

And I agree with you about Atlantis too. I'm a casual Atlantis fan - I've seen every episode, but it just doesn't grab me the way that SG-1 does (or did), but I think this was my favorite one ever. I loved Sam and Rodney in this more than in any other episode, I think, and even when Sam wasn't on, it was a lot of fun. I wonder how the hard-core action fans will feel about it, though? Lots of character interaction, but nothing blew up and there wasn't any fighting at all.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                          M&MM was a hoot!
                          Spoiler:
                          Sam's and Rodney's banter is priceless! They have respect for each other even tho they won't admit it to each other. Finally, Sam got a good one on McKay.....MEREDITH!!! Now she can zing him!! Hee, hee, hee! After this episode I can safely say that Sam's stint on Atlantis far surpasses her appearance on SG-1 tonight!
                          I'll second that! Is is my imagination or not that SG-1 and Atlantis feel like two unrelated shows? I mean that quality of Atlantis has greatly surpassed that of SG-1 which is weird considering the same people run both shows. Is that normal "in the biz"?

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                            To keep gushing... just a bit.

When I think of the type of person that (I envision) Amanda to be, I realize that I may have a less than completely accurate picture of who the lady truly is (all fans do - we must, because we're not true acquaintences), but that doesn't matter to me, at the end of the day, because it's what she represents to me which I aspire to emulate.

The qualities I so admire in her (whether entirely accurate or somewhat glamorized) are qualities that I would like to strive to make more prominent in my own life. And that, for me, is a positive goal that makes sense in my life regardless of whatever small differences there might be between the image I have in my mind's eye and the 'gritty truth'. Amanda engenders (for me) the desire to be more consciencious, to reach for those elusive 'dreams out there', and to hold my head up high in the interim. For me, that outcome can only be a positive one.

I've only ever heard praiseful (in fact, glowing and often admiring) remarks from those I've spoken with who've either worked with Amanda or had the opportunity to chat with her - and that speaks to me of a person who is truly worthy of esteem. I look up to the lady's convictions, her courage and grace in the face of challenge, and to what I've seen her stand for over the years.

She is, and has been until now, a true class act. In every sense of the phrase.

So (in true 'virtual' spirit), here's to you, Amanda. Like so many other working professional women (and men!) in this forum ... I'd love to raise a glass and toast your influence and your example. For now and into the future.

CHEERS!

mg
                            Raises glass with MG, to Amanda if only this world was filled with Amanda's!
                            Also what a lovely salute to her Mother and Father who brought her into this world and shaped her early baby years and now another generation in young Olivia as Amanda and Alan bring up their Daughter.
                            ......TARA......

Comment

hey i see some of my fellow shippers here
                              thanks to the ppl on this thread that greened me some lurve jello!!
                              is there anyone going to the Con at Avalon? how amazing AT and RDA will be there, lucky things
                              i m going to watch Momento Mori sometime soonish hopefully
                              "Imagination is more important than knowledge"

sig by RepliCartertje
                              http://stargatesg1.com/QueenBee
                              http://www.myspace.com/madame_minx

Comment

Hey guys... whew it took me a while to catch up there! I hope no one said anything interesting in the last 3 pages because I skipped the spoilers...

I've been gone so long because I had my Prom on Thursday night and have essentially been sleeping/watching Stargate since then

I still have an Earth chevron drawn on my ankle in eyeliner though!

Minigeek, your illustrations are amazing... I voted on the poll and I'll be scanning in my signature in a little while Thanks *so* much for putting this together

*blue jello to everyone*

Comment

Working...
                                X