No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam is the best character. She is Amazingly Smart, Strong, Beautiful and Talented. I love her character and the way she interacts with other characters that she comes into contact with. Shes warm and caring and will fight for what she believes is right every time. I absoluetly Adore Amanda Tapping (Hence the name) She is amazing. Shes my most Faverite actress of all time. Shes Stunning and Smart, Talented and Fun and an amazing actress. I know there are some people that for some reason dont like Sam But I just dont see how they cant like her, Shes perfect. What more can I say....Shes Just Perfect <3
    sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Word
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I'm pretty sure someone else posted this, but maybe it wasn't here. I couldn't find it in a search. (My apologies for not crediting the person who did it first.) I stumbled on this clip of Amanda at one of the cons (it must have been during season 8) and it makes me SOOOO happy. She is such a crackup.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=samS2hPn_Fs

There is definitely a distinction between Amanda and Sam! I love how she describes the scene from Chimera. Anyone else notice how she slips into a British accent? Heehee. LOVE THAT! I'm seriously going to watch this clip every morning to have an Amanda Boost to start my day.

For anyone that was at the con - can you answer a question for me? She is talking about not wanting Sam to be sexualized and then she glances to the side and says, "...well...hello" and I'm guessing she is referring to a sexy picture of her. Can anyone confirm?

ETA: Duh. I rewatched the clip for the 10th time and finally tore my eyes away from Amanda to notice the wall behind her. There are huge pics of the actors and it's obvious what she is referring to now.

Also - just watched the Sanctuary trailer last night. SO EXCITED! SO EXCITED! SO EXCITED!

I'd been having a conversation with someone about female scifi characters and I've been trying to think of who my top 10 are - and Helen Magnus is already on the list. Of course, Sam is on it, too.

For anyone interested, my complete (incomplete) list of My Favorite Female Scifi Characters (in no particular order):

Samantha Carter
        Vala Mal Doran
        Elizabeth Weir
        Teyla Emmagan
        Aeryn Sun
        Dana Scully
        Laura Roslin
        Kathryn Janeway
        Helen Magnus
        _________________(Perhaps Ashley Magnus will make my #10 spot?)

They're all smart, strong women. (Well, I'm extrapolating on Helen's character, but it's a natural assumption.) Notice which actresses made my list twice. (Check my sig if you aren't sure. )
        sigpic
        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

ffs, you guys post too much. And that was only less than a week I had to catch up on :|

Things I discovered (just now) that happened over the last week:
          1. ZOMG Battlestar Galactica. I want the BSG s3 soundtrack for Bear McCreary's cover of All Along the Watchtower. Like right now.
          2. ZOMG Heroes. Why didn't I start watching it earlier????
          3. ZOMG... (Atlantis s4 spoilers)
          Spoiler:
          It's been reported that there are pictures belonging to Sam in Weir's office from a set tour at the convention??? :O

4. ZOMG, zomg is such a lame way of saying OMG.

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
            OK, so after the Vancouver con, I figured I would venture into this thread and actually post!

*waves to roomie shimmeringstar*

NearlyCircular - love the sig! I <3 Geeky!Sam

I am hella excited for Sanctuary - I am a beta tester (under antoa315) and totally became a squeeing fangirl when I met Damian Kindler last week. I hope I was at least an intelligent, insightful squeeing fangirl
            You were geeky Sam, right? You know, you're like a celebrity now!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
              You were geeky Sam, right? You know, you're like a celebrity now!
              PICS! We need PICS!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                PICS! We need PICS!
                I agree with cute-meister! We need pics!
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by kir_fect
                  Once again it seems I have darkened the thread. Sorry for being one of the slowest kids in the glass. I only found Stargate this past year and was amazed by AT I thought I could find a place that chats about her. So I lurked for the longest time and decided to post. Sorry about messing up your lovely thread.

I removed the posts but I think the damage is already done.
                  I'm sorry I'm either still asleep or I'm missing something. You're more than welcome to discuss AT here. At least the last time I checked you were. What am I missing?

*looks around to see if she's missing something*

Yep...definitely think I'm missing something.

On another topic. The SG-1 crew should be either home or making their way back to Vancouver today. Woo Hoo! Here's hoping they all had a safe and enjoyable week up in the great white north and that Amanda has some free time in her busy schedule next week to post some cool pics.
                  Last edited by ForeverSg1; 30 March 2007, 09:08 AM.

Comment

i'm lost too, what's going on?
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks spazzy! Glad you like it. I'm makin' these while I'm bored rendering other stuff. This last one I made this morning in like, 20 minutes - needless to say this one has little to no video footage edited, just for tempo and sequencing really - but it's a fun diversion from work. Famantha has ordered me to stop making them though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fTPWssU_Ds

I'm not sure if I'll be good about that or not.

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post

Sweeeeet! I'm so digging this one!

Comment

Once again it seems I have darkened the thread. Sorry for being one of the slowest kids in the glass. I only found Stargate this past year and was amazed by AT I thought I could find a place that chats about her. So I lurked for the longest time and decided to post. Sorry about messing up your lovely thread.

I'm lost, too.
                        Kir, much love to you, but
                        you're not...

Are you?

(If you are, it's all good - I've got space left in my cell here near the back, ripped some padding off the wall last night while I was banging my head on it, but y'know if you're careful ... and you don't hold your spoon in your left hand ... I'd be willing to share, Maybe.)

geek

Comment

Originally posted by antoa315 View Post
                          OK, so after the Vancouver con, I figured I would venture into this thread and actually post!

*waves to roomie shimmeringstar*

NearlyCircular - love the sig! I <3 Geeky!Sam

I am hella excited for Sanctuary - I am a beta tester (under antoa315) and totally became a squeeing fangirl when I met Damian Kindler last week. I hope I was at least an intelligent, insightful squeeing fangirl
                          WELCOME TO SAMANDA!!!

and you went to Vancouver con squeeee...

Still excited about Jena her lovely spoilers

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post

For anyone interested, my complete (incomplete) list of My Favorite Female Scifi Characters (in no particular order):

Samantha Carter
                          Vala Mal Doran
                          Elizabeth Weir
                          Teyla Emmagan
                          Aeryn Sun
                          Dana Scully
                          Laura Roslin
                          Kathryn Janeway
                          Helen Magnus
                          Ok I am playing along with this cause that is the way how we get to know one another a bit eh...Ok so my top 10 list of Scifi female characters (in no particular order)

Sam Carter (yeah I know a big surprise eh)
                          Janet Frasier
                          Dana Scully
                          B'elanna Tores
                          Helen Magnus
                          Beverly Crusher
                          Elizabeth Weir
                          Lt. Uhura
                          Chiana's
                          Kara Thrace - Starbuck

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post

On another topic. The SG-1 crew should be either home or making their way home back to Vancouver today. Here's hoping they all had a safe and enjoyable week up in the great white north and that Amanda has some free time in her busy schedule next week to post some cool pics.
                          I really hope they get home safe and that they had a great time!!! And that the shooting and everything around it went as they want it... And yeah pictures really would be nice

I removed the posts but I think the damage is already done.
                          (((Kir))) you are one of us, no one is slow...some of us have been fans for 10 years, others only recently. I mean I only discovered this site 3 years ago and only joined last year and I have been watching from the beginning...talk about slow
                          And here you can chat and talk about how amazing she is!!! Cause we all know she is
                          And you are most certainly not messing up the thread...you are one of us now. I know what is kind of bothering you and honestly I can understand it but sometimes it is how you put your words that is important.
                          Don't stop posting because of it. If you like and admire Sam and Amanda than this is the place to be... Just stay!!!!

Comment

I'm all confuzzled. I go off the radar for a couple of days and this place goes wild. I miss ALL the fun.
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I'm pretty sure someone else posted this, but maybe it wasn't here. I couldn't find it in a search. (My apologies for not crediting the person who did it first.) I stumbled on this clip of Amanda at one of the cons (it must have been during season 8) and it makes me SOOOO happy. She is such a crackup.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=samS2hPn_Fs

There is definitely a distinction between Amanda and Sam! I love how she describes the scene from Chimera. Anyone else notice how she slips into a British accent? Heehee. LOVE THAT! I'm seriously going to watch this clip every morning to have an Amanda Boost to start my day.

For anyone that was at the con - can you answer a question for me? She is talking about not wanting Sam to be sexualized and then she glances to the side and says, "...well...hello" and I'm guessing she is referring to a sexy picture of her. Can anyone confirm?
                              Well I wasn't at the convention...but I've seen pictures of the stage and IIRC, there's this massive, über-busty Amanda as Carter promo picture to the side.
                              ETA: Duh. I rewatched the clip for the 10th time and finally tore my eyes away from Amanda to notice the wall behind her. There are huge pics of the actors and it's obvious what she is referring to now.
                              Yup. It's okay...we all have our slow moments.
                              Also - just watched the Sanctuary trailer last night. SO EXCITED! SO EXCITED! SO EXCITED!

I'd been having a conversation with someone about female scifi characters and I've been trying to think of who my top 10 are - and Helen Magnus is already on the list. Of course, Sam is on it, too.

Samantha Carter
                              Vala Mal Doran
                              Elizabeth Weir
                              Teyla Emmagan
                              Aeryn Sun
                              Dana Scully
                              Laura Roslin
                              Kathryn Janeway
                              Helen Magnus

They're all smart, strong women. (Well, I'm extrapolating on Helen's character, but it's a natural assumption.) Notice which actresses made my list twice. (Check my sig if you aren't sure. )
                              Carter's definitely on the list, so is Aeryn Sun and Janeway.

I'd have to add Kara Thrace to that bunch though. (((Starbuck)))

Magnus and Ashley are on the list too for certain, just from the little bit I've seen.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                                Thanks spazzy! Glad you like it. I'm makin' these while I'm bored rendering other stuff. This last one I made this morning in like, 20 minutes - needless to say this one has little to no video footage edited, just for tempo and sequencing really - but it's a fun diversion from work. Famantha has ordered me to stop making them though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fTPWssU_Ds

I'm not sure if I'll be good about that or not.
                                "ordered" oops I think that didn't get out right eh ? it's just that I should be revising and you keep distracting me !! Ok I should not come here in the 1st place in order to revise lol I know

I watched the clip Meredithchandler73 posted several times too Amanda's too funny, I love how she does the scene from Chimera too

((((Kir_fect))))
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X