• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunKrux

Silly Mandy, I'm not on the floor.
    A chair then?

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
      I pimped the Sam ficathon on another thread and forgot to do so here - apparently I'm delerious with overwhelming ficness...

I can only swoon and drool today. All that Samfic...

And I am delighted with the fic that was written for me - so much so that I have to pimp it: Operation Montezuma

Whoever you are, thank you!
      I can't get the end of the story to display correctly. When I get down to the bottom of the page it just keeps repeating the same line. I've got to know how it turns out! Is there something wrong with the link or is it my dopey computer?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        I can't get the end of the story to display correctly. When I get down to the bottom of the page it just keeps repeating the same line. I've got to know how it turns out! Is there something wrong with the link or is it my dopey computer?
        Put in spoiler tags what the last line is, and I will let you know
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
          I'm actually having fun trying to figure out who wrote what. I have sneaking suspicions on a few.
          I know which one I wrote.

No clue about any of the others.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Hmm... It's really hard for me to find a place in all this(show cancellation talk). I wasn't there for S8(or any of the previous seasons) but I wasn't brought to the show by S9(BB, CB, Ori etc.). I feel like I'm stuck in the middle. I do think Moebius would have been an awesome ending...and maybe it should have ended there. If this had been during S9, I probably wouldn't have minded so much about the cancellation. But I have enjoyed this season so far. I guess I wouldn't mind if it ended, as long as I got closure. Mini-series, movie-bring it on! We all know TPTB are capable of writing great television and great characters, otherwise none of us would be here. Just give me a great send off(RDA please!!!!), and I think I'll be able to handle it with only a few tears.
            Last edited by L.A. Doyle; 30 August 2006, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
              Tell me about it! I was looking through for quotes a few months back, but ugh! The site is just impossibly user unfriendly! I would never direct people there, though, I would get them to try theamandatappingclub.net first.
              yeah, but amanda endorsed kamil's site to be THE official amanda tapping website. (just thought i'd thrown that in)

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                yeah, but amanda endorsed kamil's site to be THE official amanda tapping website. (just thought i'd thrown that in)

sally
                I know. And I also know that he puts a lot of effort into the site as a rule. But I'm sure there are a whole load of people out there with the skills, knowledge, time and the generousity to help Kamil revamp the site.

Anyway, I know he does it out of the goodness of his heart, but that doesn't make it any more user friendly. Sorry.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Remember a while back when we were discussing a possible spin-off with Sam commanding a ship? I think it was in May.

Does anyone else want to use the idea or is it okay if a friend and I use it? We were thinking of making a kind of virtual season in story form out of Stargate: Athena.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                    Hmm... It's really hard for me to find a place in all this(show cancellation talk). I wasn't there for S8(or any of the previous seasons) but I wasn't brought to the show by S9(BB, CB, Ori etc.).
                    Season Nine was the first season I watched on TV. I was introduced to the show via DVDs barely a year ago.

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMFAN31

yes Mandy it is here already the 31th of August

Comment

Yeah. You know what? I don't think that author's been very discrete, have they?
                        Someone should spank him/her.

scarimor

Comment

Next Tuesday. It's *supposed* to all be secret til then. But due to the delay with fics going up, there have been a few underhand deals and teasers and a few second/third betas to "triple check" that the story's good to go
                          I love that its a secret who the authors are until Tuesday. It's going to be so much fun trying to figure out who wrote what story. Here's something else to do for fun. What is your favorite militarySam episode from when she was a captain, major, and colonel?

For me, my favorite captain episode was Emancipation. I loved it when she showed her fellow team mates just how well she could kick butt. My favorite major episode was a little harder to choose, because there were so many great major moments. I guess I'd choose Grace though, because she managed to save the entire crew of the Promethius, the ship that was attacking, and there was some major character development (even though as a shipper I'd have liked things to play a little differently). For colonel, it was really tough, because we really only have seasons 8 and 10 to choose from. I chose a season 10 episode believe it or not.
                          Spoiler:
                          I really liked seeing Sam save Teal'c and Mitchell last week, and we got scienceSam in the episode too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                            Well, I wasn't going to admit it, but Sky's last post made me brave. I am campaigning to save the show. (Remember Sky said you have to be nice so no rotten tomatoes.) I doubt it will be saved, but I think the campaign may help speed up the process for getting a movie. I don't want to wait too long for the movie. I am really curious about Amanda's thoughts on the subject. I know she can't come out and say that she's ready for the show to end, but if her statement is a "thanks for 10 years, its been a good run" type of statement then she may be done. On the other hand, if she seems disappointed by the cancellation then I will probably continue to campaign. I really don't blame any of you for being ready to see the end. It isn't the same show that it once was, but I still like it. That being said, I would gladly sign a "Save Classic SG1" petition if it were available.
                            Morning folks...how is everyone today??

I have to say...I'm with you Gate gal...it would be great if we could save SG1 and get it back to the classic eps...but I must admit...I actually enjoy watching Cam and Vala...but i would rather see more of the original team...as for saving SG1...I really, really want to save it...but for how much longer I want to see it go on for...I don't know...I would rather have been forwarned about the cancellation...like a year in advance...but I hope that they end the series on a happy note...I don't want to see any of them killed off...and I want to see Sam and Jack together...finally...can't help it...I'm a shipper...so sue me!!! No don't...I can't afford it!!
                            Another 2 years would be great...end it on an even number...a good dozen!!
                            Gotta go...TTFN!!!
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                              A bit OT but while I'm here, has anyone posted yet at the new Save Stargate SG1 website? I'm asking because I had a moment to read some of the first posts there and no one brought up the opinions that many of us shared here about "lack of respect for the original cast" and the whole way the transition to S9 was handled. No one except a fan called "grammadebbie". Her post caught my attention. However, before I added my own thoughts and feelings I decided to come back here and check if my fellow Samandans are going to add their opinions at the "Save" board.
                              what page numbers are grammadebbie and yours on?

and btw, *this* rendition of sg1... no. the old-school sg1 (sam, daniel, teal'c, and some jack hopefully)... YES! i'll work to save *that*.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

I dont think I have mentioned lately what a great character Carter is.
                                Right up there with Ivonova, Riply, Sarah Conner, Aryn Sun, Dr Crusher. Though her and Ivonova were by far the best... though Aryn was right there... but season 4 kind of killed it a bit for me. Unfortunatly I had not yet developed my cool new ability to completely ignore eps and entire seasons that work to destroy certain characters.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X