No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excuse the three posts in a row, but I thought they each deserved their own recognition.

Welcome back, Sunny!!
    I look forward to checking out your summary of the walk!

Comment

Come on! Come On! You can do it! I know you can!

Amanda could use some help. She currently leads the August celeeb contest. However that lead has been almost cut in half in the last 6 hours. We only have a few more days to hang on to give her a second consecutive win. One of our allies tells a story of the June contest. They won their category by 21 votes in the last 5 minutes. So, yes, every vote counts!

Celeeb voting

Voting Instructions

Coley, I promise to return to our project full time at 12:01am Friday when all this voting stuff is finished!

Comment

Happy Birthday, Deano!
        Hope you're having a great day!

Comment

Congrats on 500 posts, Tara!!
          Way to be verbose!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
            Amanda could use some help. She currently leads the August celeeb contest. However that lead has been almost cut in half in the last 6 hours. We only have a few more days to hang on to give her a second consecutive win. One of our allies tells a story of the June contest. They won their category by 21 votes in the last 5 minutes. So, yes, every vote counts!

Celeeb voting

Voting Instructions

Coley, I promise to return to our project full time at 12:01am Friday when all this voting stuff is finished!
            It would be a nice way to belatedly celebrate Amanda's birthday if she won for the second month in a row.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Remembering ...

Ten years ago Sam Carter appeared out of the blue
              Amanda brought her to life and won many fans too

Here was a woman who was new to sci-fi
              Spunky and smart and one of the guys

Amanda did not make Sam into a bimbo
              She played her straight and didn't put her in limbo

Sam was the real thing, she got down and dirty
              She didn't waste screen time by being flirty

Something of Amanda was transferred to Sam
              We all were the winners because of substance not glam

It was so great to see Sam Carter grow
              Learning to lead, eating blue jello and becoming a hero

Now the show's ending, it was a great ride
              Amanda's portrayal of Sam should only bring pride

May Amanda's fan base always stay true and her critics be few
              Happy Birthday, Amanda! We're so glad you're YOU!

Wonderfully written ChopinGal!

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                This is my 500 post so i would like it to be on this thread and about Amanda
                I've never had the opertunity to meet Amanda but i found my self writing to her after watching the episode 2010 where Sam was told by Janet that she could not have children. I found Amanda's acting just blew me away, all the little body movements, all her face expressions and the look in her eyes as she waited for Janet, then when she was told the news, the look, wow i find it really hard to put all that into words. Anyway i got back from her about six months later a signed photo that i will treasure always as i did'nt ask for it and it came at a time in my husband's and myself lives of great sadness and it was so nice to open this letter and find Amanda inside with a message!
                Congrats on 500 posts!! Thanks for sharing your story!! It is among many that I have heard from people that have met her or received messages from her. It continues my belief that Amanda is a genuinely gracious and warm person.

Comment

Wooohooo! Carter won the Favorite Character Tournament. AGAIN.

Long live Her Royal Highness, the CMOH awarded
                  Major General Samantha Carter!

She's also the Supreme Commander of the Asgard Fleet! Well, CO-Supreme Commander. Wouldn't want to step on the little guy's toes, would we?
                  Last edited by Uber; 28 August 2006, 02:42 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

that pics great, and yay for sam winning

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Happy Birthdays to Major Sam, Deano and, of course, to Amanda

I've just submitted that backup fic. Sighs of relief all round, but I've *so* set myself up for a sequel.
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

That's a pic from Season 11, right Oooober
                        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

I've just submitted that backup fic. Sighs of relief all round, but I've *so* set myself up for a sequel.
                          Always leave them wanting more TJ
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaawww!

*Does happy dance!*
                            scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                              In case anybody didn't already see in the Fun and Games folder, Sam has won the Favorite SG-1 Character Tournament.

1st - Lt Col Samantha Carter
                              whoop whoop whoop! She is the greatest
                              scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal
                                In the entertainment industry, women are often just love interests for the male hero. I know there are some other positive examples, but not many. Even if an actress plays a heroine type role, her personal life is often a mess and covered by the tabloids. Amanda is different. She plays a wonderful character, and she is still grounded and genuine with her fans. She's also a wife and mother. She is proof that you can have it all.
                                she's proof that you can be it all. yes, that's my profound thought of the day. however, i come bearing gifts (which is so much better, no?). for the eternal optimist.

happy birthday Amanda.
                                sigpic
                                "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                                Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Working...
                                X