X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nell
    Did I really see this?
    Spoiler:
    How long before Sam was given an opportunity to lead a team (in years!!!) and on this episode Vala is leading a team on base as they hunt for the Ba'al's???!!!
    Just an observation!
    Did they
    Spoiler:
    give a rationale for Vala leading a team? Because at the face of it, it wouldn't make any sense for her to be *leading* a team when she isn't even a full-fledged member of SG-1 yet.

Rationale, however, could be that as a former host, she could sense Ba'al because of the Naquadah in both of them. Of course, then Sam should be out there are a Goa'uld sensor too...

Comment

Go sammy kiss him!!!
      Last edited by roseblue; 10 August 2006, 12:24 AM.

Comment

all in all, not fantastic, not horrible

insiders
        Spoiler:
        it has its moments, but it pretty much goes down to missed opportunities.

those damn baal clones are still out there, sam is made the patsy, barrett is treated poorly - i was sooo hoping that he'd been snaked, this brainwashing is just cheesy adn weak
        baal is still out there, and i'm not even gonna go into the stupidity of an alkash crasing in colorado and NOONE notices???? dude, yes, it's not heavily populated but it's not frelling abandoned. *makes note to buy the writers a map*

it had its moments, vala's annoying pigtails are gone, we got a glimpse into qetesh's past,but all in all,s am was sacrificed to move the plot, barrett was treated poorlyand also sacrificed to finish the story and nothing was accomplished

the high point was pretty much seeing jack in the 'previously on' clips

mediocre at best and yet another example of missed opportunities. cause if htey'd have taken a few risks it could have been soooo much better
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Did I really see this?
          Spoiler:
          How long before Sam was given an opportunity to lead a team (in years!!!) and on this episode Vala is leading a team on base as they hunt for the Ba'al's???!!!
          Just an observation!
          I had exactly the same reaction, nell.
          Spoiler:
          Well, I liked the beginning and middle, but the end, not so much. I'll take the negativity to Whinge-Nuts, though.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
            Did they
            Spoiler:
            give a rationale for Vala leading a team? Because at the face of it, it wouldn't make any sense for her to be *leading* a team when she isn't even a full-fledged member of SG-1 yet.

Rationale, however, could be that as a former host, she could sense Ba'al because of the Naquadah in both of them. Of course, then Sam should be out there are a Goa'uld sensor too...
            Spoiler:
            Sam was captured by Ba'al and downloaded the planet addresses of the ancients for his diabolical plans or else Barrett would be killed. While she was with Ba'al, Teal'c, Cam and Vala each led SFs to separate areas to locate the herd of Ba'al's to pinpoint them for releasing a poison or knock out gas. Teal'c, Cam and Vala clearly gave signals to the SFs with each of them and the SFs obeyed.

My problem? What you said, it doesn't make sense for her to lead a team---she's not military, she's not trained, she has not proven herself!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
              Sam was captured by Ba'al and downloaded the planet addresses of the ancients for his diabolical plans or else Barrett would be killed. While she was with Ba'al, Teal'c, Cam and Vala each led SFs to separate areas to locate the herd of Ba'al's to pinpoint them for releasing a poison or knock out gas. Teal'c, Cam and Vala clearly gave signals to the SFs with each of them and the SFs obeyed.

My problem? What you said, it doesn't make sense for her to lead a team---she's not military, she's not trained, she has not proven herself!!!!
              Hell, they wouldn't even
              Spoiler:
              let her carry a gun when they went off world, so why would they let her lead a team of trained military personnel?

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                Hell, they wouldn't even
                Spoiler:
                let her carry a gun when they went off world, so why would they let her lead a team of trained military personnel?

NC
                My point!!!

I also was expecting that
                Spoiler:
                Sam would download a bogus list of addresses or something. Ba'al was in a hurry to leave. He didn't even check the download. But she gave him the real info. I was disappointed that TPTB wrote a part for Sam that she would capitulate so easily.
                sigpic

Comment

S10 Insiders thoughts....
                  Spoiler:
                  Though I love watching Cliff Simon in character as Ba’al, even he couldn’t save this one. (Pleeeeease bring Brad Wright back to SG1 full-time, pllllleeeeease!)

I honestly expected and had looked forward to more Ba’al jokes. The only 2 - or was it 3 - were ones that were on the promos.

Was nice to have (in response to Landry saying something about controlling Vala) Cam say he couldn’t control anything and that he and Sam were of equal rank. (Thanks PTB for having Cam acknowledge it, but it *still* doesn’t explain why you’re having the *premiere* team not run by ONE commander. Military units are not run by group consensus y’know… Plus now that I think about it, Cam’s character shouldn’t be addressing it. That’s something a writer would have Landry or O’Neill address – they’re in command of the whole base/program--- why are they allowing it?)

And finally some meat---Sam gets angry at Barrett (who apparently is not *quite* himself these days…). Episode was so-so bordering on boring and then that scene woke me up. Finally dialogue and a situation for Amanda to sink her teeth into! Unfortunately, the scene was way too short.

(It also seemed not-too-well thought out that if Agent Barrett was acting odd that Sam wouldn’t immediately contact a teammate/Landry/somebody—after 10 years of having the unexpected happen to her, wouldn’t his sudden loudness and strange behavior that have struck her as odd? But to get Sam in a position to be caught by the Ba’als… guess that’s the only way the writers felt they could do it.)

Guess I’m looking for something new, unique twists but with our old favs. The semi-fresh/new faces just aren’t enough. PTB --- Give the established characters some *meat* in those arcs to chew on! Don’t write catching 20 Ba’als just as a way to get kill a half-hour and get some gratuitous gunfire and blow-‘em up scenes in there! Where’s the creative twists like nell was referring to, where Sam would have given something with bad data in it to Ba’al?
                  Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 04 August 2006, 07:15 PM.
                  Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                  My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Did I really see this?
                    Spoiler:
                    Just an observation!
                    Yeah... I was like, "WTH?"

Spoiler:

Vala knows military hand signals?!

Beyond that little detail ... it was a decent episode. Upon second viewing, I'll be able to nitpick properly... There were some glaring issues, but it wasn't as bad as it could've been.

And I'll be following you to Whinge Nuts, NC.

Comment

Originally posted by roseblue
                      I wonder if sam will grow her hair longer. Like below shoulder length. But since she is in the military she prefers it shorter. looks good on her.

Found this site. It looks new.
                      www.freewebs.com/amandatappingexpressions
                      I don't know what length Sam would want it, but the military was/is strict about hair length. Down to the collar and no more than what was it - 4 or 5 inches long? So even if she wanted it as long as the beautiful extensions were in There But for the Grace of God, she'd still be limited by military protocol.
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                        S10 Insiders thoughts....
                        Spoiler:
                        Though I love watching Cliff Simon in character as Ba’al, even he couldn’t save this one. (Pleeeeease bring Brad Wright back to SG1 full-time, pllllleeeeease!)

I honestly expected and had looked forward to more Ba’al jokes. The only 2 - or was it 3 - were ones that were on the promos.

Was nice to have (in response to Landry saying something about controlling Vala) Cam say he couldn’t control anything and that he and Sam were of equal rank. (Thanks PTB for having Cam acknowledge it, but it *still* doesn’t explain why you’re having the *premiere* team not run by ONE commander. Military units are not run by group consensus y’know… Plus now that I think about it, Cam’s character shouldn’t be addressing it. That’s something a writer would have Landry or O’Neill address – they’re in command of the whole base/program--- why are they allowing it?)

And finally some meat---Sam gets angry at Barrett (who apparently is not *quite* himself these days…). Episode was so-so bordering on boring and then that scene woke me up. Finally dialogue and a situation for Amanda to sink her teeth into! Unfortunately, the scene was way too short.

(It also seemed not-too-well thought out that if Agent Barrett was acting odd that Sam wouldn’t immediately contact a teammate/Landry/somebody—after 10 years of having the unexpected happen to her, wouldn’t his sudden loudness and strange behavior that have struck her as odd? But to get Sam in a position to be caught by the Ba’als… guess that’s the only way the writers felt they could do it.)

Guess I’m looking for something new, unique twists but with our old favs. The semi-fresh/new faces just aren’t enough. PTB --- Give the established characters some *meat* in those arcs to chew on! Don’t write catching 20 Ba’als just as a way to get kill a half-hour and get some gratuitou gunfire and blow-‘em up scenes in there! Where’s the creative twists like nell was referring to, where Sam would have given something with bad data in it to Ba’al?
                        YOU GO, GIRL!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                          Yeah... I was like, "WTH?"

Spoiler:

Vala knows military hand signals?!

Beyond that little detail ... it was a decent episode. Upon second viewing, I'll be able to nitpick properly... There were some glaring issues, but it wasn't as bad as it could've been.
                          Man with ringing endorsements like this, I am sorry I am missing the season..... not.
                          Last edited by AGateFan; 04 August 2006, 06:40 PM.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I was out tonight and just got back for the final two minutes of SG1. In time for me to see
                            Spoiler:
                            Sam looking guilty and apologetic.
                            Oh boy, just what I want to see more of ...

And then I read some of your spoilers and it looks like there was really nothing of substance that I missed. As Sam said In the Line of Duty ... "what will it take" to get something decent going on this show?

Better cruise on over to Whingenuts and read more. To think that I am now done with cable sci-fi ... and I'm not feelin' like I'm giving up a whole lot, folks.

Ratings ... anyone dare to guess?!

Comment

YOU GO, GIRL!!!!
                              i'll ask you this, nell. why are you so mad?

spoilers for 'insiders'

Spoiler:
                              from what i've heard, the command issue was handled, and even though sam didn't come out the winner, neither did mitchell! isn't that parly a victory? wasn't it basically admitted that they're co-leading? (am i reading this wrong?)

i also was told there wasn't any sam-barrett ship? isn't that good?

i'm just trying to find out what's making you so angry like this? (so i can be prepared)

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Ok guys i have a question. Isn't sam to young to be a Lt. colonel?

Comment

Working...
                                X