Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
    ::nods::

I know suse. I should be raging. I keep thinking of more and more things to be raging about, but I just can't bring myself to do it...

Perhaps I need an intervention...

Oh, and...

Spoiler:
    It wasn't her lab that she was locked in - it was a supply closet of some kind.

And Ba'al's supposedly back in a few weeks. I totally forgot about that.
    One would think that
    Spoiler:
    supply closets on military bases -while not having weapons in them - would have something a certified genuis could use to get out. And that computer in there....there had to be a network connection somewhere. I can guarentee that that type of sensative info would not be on every hard drive on base.

I'm glad for you that you can't work up the rage any more, I guess i really though last week was the start of a trend. Shoulda looked at the recent track record.

I tihnk I need to watch an old ep before bed. I haven't been this mad since Cam-a-lot.

I still liked a few parts. But... GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Suse
    ticked off? Moi?
    sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

OK, Myrth has kindly set up some web space for me to upload the SaGC Thread collections to!

There is an index page here: some comments, posts and photographics from the Sam's A Great Character Thread (http://astro.digitalmyrth.com/) - for anyone who wants to peruse the pdf collections

Special Thanks to Myrth for setting this up!

Comment

Originally posted by nell
        My point!!!

I also was expecting that
        Spoiler:
        Sam would download a bogus list of addresses or something. Ba'al was in a hurry to leave. He didn't even check the download. But she gave him the real info. I was disappointed that TPTB wrote a part for Sam that she would capitulate so easily.
        Spoiler:
        I've thought about this. I can only guess this was their reasoning: Sam would sacrifice herself for anyone-Barrett, Teal'c or a complete stranger. She thought there was no way out for them. Their jamming frequency would have kept the Ba'als there. It wasn't until she found out they were gathering that she knew they could escape. She didn't think he'd ever get out of the base. She might not have been able to download something bogus(though I wish she could have). Ba'al had up exactly what he needed, she didn't have an opportunity to tamper with the info.

I know she felt bad about it, I know I would. I can say I'm glad Landry backed her up. I didn't like that scene so much myself, but I can live with it...I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
          Well, not to be nitpicky but
          Spoiler:
          Vala signalled 2-3 SFs and they obeyed her "commands" so that is alot of responsibility for a non-military, non-official team member. Really! My bigger gripe is that I think it wasn't until Sam was a major before she lead a team in Evolution?
          Spoiler:
          No, that's not the first time. She commanded SG-1 in Spirits in the 2nd season. That might not even be the first time. That just springs to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
            My complaint is this:

Spoiler:
            Ba'al referred to Jack as Colonel O'Neill. Sure he was a Colonel when he got his head stuck in the thing, but when last Ba'al met Jack, he was a GENERAL. And this was prior to Ba'al cloning himself. Ba'al would've definitely know than he was a General. Bad writer!!
            Spoiler:
            That bugged me too! He got a mention though, and they showed him in the "previously on SG-1" bit. '200' can't get here fast enough! I need my Jack!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
              Spoiler:
              No, that's not the first time. She commanded SG-1 in Spirits in the 2nd season. That might not even be the first time. That just springs to mind.
              She commanded the women SFs in Hathor in S1.
              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                the ONLY way that scene woulda worked was if
                Spoiler:
                baal had vala, daniel, teal'c or cam on thier knees in front of sam with a gun to their head
                Spoiler:

as it was, dude barrett is just an acquaintance and sam would NOT cave that quickly.

sacrifice sam to facilitate the plot

on the upside, sateda ROCKED!

very good eps

Spoiler:
                I like your idea for that scene. Much more tension. Also, if Jack had come up-some of that bad past btw Ba'al and SG-1, that would have been nice. And yeah, Sateda rocked!! Jonas and Ronan never bothered me as newbies. TPTB integrated them in just fine. Too bad they couldn't do that with Mitchell.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  She commanded the women and Teal'c in Hathor during the first season. Of course that wasn't really sanctioned since all the guys, including the general, were "under the influence" at the time.

ETA: I see that AGateFan beat me to it.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                    Again, on a positive note about tonight's episode...

Spoiler:
                    I know Sky will vehemently disagree with me , but Vala is growing on me. When she's not talking about sex or obsessing about Daniel, I find her very endearing. There's a moment when Vala is trying (and failing) to arm wrestle Teal'c which is pretty hilarious.

And I thought it was kinda funny when Vala came prancing into the Gateroom with Sam trailing behind - makes you wonder if Sam helped her get dressed picked out her clothes for her. <--- that was for you, AD and Myrth.

All in all, I've gotta say that Vala is showing that she's a team player.
                    Spoiler:
                    Yeah. Vala is growing on me. See, I'm all about giving 2nd chances! There were some good Sam/Vala scenes tonight. I'd like more. I was a little bothered about how they made Vala have such a heavy history with Ba'al-the whole killing all his Jaffa, destroying his flagship, etc. Some convenient back history, don't ya think? But they didn't dwell on it. I guess what bugged me is I hope they don't forget about the whole Jolinar thing. Being unwilling hosts is also something the two woman could bond over.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      She commanded the women SFs in Hathor in S1.
                      Thanks for the correct episodes. Nonetheless,
                      Spoiler:
                      Captain Carter was a well-trained and experienced soldier. An officer with proven skills and leadership ability.
                      I rest my case!!! LOL!!! I have to laugh to cope with this stuff!
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                        I've thought about this. I can only guess this was their reasoning: Sam would sacrifice herself for anyone-Barrett, Teal'c or a complete stranger. She thought there was no way out for them. Their jamming frequency would have kept the Ba'als there. It wasn't until she found out they were gathering that she knew they could escape. She didn't think he'd ever get out of the base. She might not have been able to download something bogus(though I wish she could have). Ba'al had up exactly what he needed, she didn't have an opportunity to tamper with the info.

I know she felt bad about it, I know I would. I can say I'm glad Landry backed her up. I didn't like that scene so much myself, but I can live with it...I guess.
                        Exactly. My point was
                        Spoiler:
                        Sam expected her team and a ton of SFs to be arriving soon and with the jamming technology in place, from her perspective she was stalling for time as best she could and ensuring that none of the hostages were killed.
                        So my point is that I didn't find that out of character at all.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Exactly. My point was
                          Spoiler:
                          Sam expected her team and a ton of SFs to be arriving soon and with the jamming technology in place, from her perspective she was stalling for time as best she could and ensuring that none of the hostages were killed.
                          So my point is that I didn't find that out of character at all.
                          I read yours after I'd posted. I agree.

Comment

sam quote: "okay, now we have a problem"
                            funny line.
                            Last edited by roseblue; 10 August 2006, 12:20 AM.

Comment

BAH!! I go out of my way to get my hands on eps 12-18mths before we get to see them here in Aus.

I am reconsidering my position after this.

At the moment I am too cranky to comment on episode 4!!

I figured with lowering my expectations and pretty much staying away from spoilers it might improve my opinion of the series. I guess I should have checked who the writer was before as well!!

I am not happy with what they did with any of the characters, Sam most of all.
                              -

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X