Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My complaint is this:

Spoiler:
    Ba'al referred to Jack as Colonel O'Neill. Sure he was a Colonel when he got his head stuck in the thing, but when last Ba'al met Jack, he was a GENERAL. And this was prior to Ba'al cloning himself. Ba'al would've definitely know than he was a General. Bad writer!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
      Well, not to be nitpicky but
      Spoiler:
      Vala signalled 2-3 SFs and they obeyed her "commands" so that is alot of responsibility for a non-military, non-official team member. Really! My bigger gripe is that I think it wasn't until Sam was a major before she lead a team in Evolution?
      Weeeeellllll....
      Spoiler:
      since this is the revisionist season and it's 'anything goes' at the SGC these days.... I hate to say it's not surprising.
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

the ONLY way that scene woulda worked was if
        Spoiler:
        baal had vala, daniel, teal'c or cam on thier knees in front of sam with a gun to their head

as it was, dude barrett is just an acquaintance and sam would NOT cave that quickly.

sacrifice sam to facilitate the plot

on the upside, sateda ROCKED!

very good eps
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          okay. *whew*

Spoiler:
          when you were saying sam was going to give info to save this one man, it was sounding a bit shippy.

sally
          See as a non shipper
          Spoiler:
          This didnt sound shippy, it sounded idiotic. Sams a Math wiz. Give away info that could cost the lives of thousands of people or save this one man .... Do the math... Like someone else says you dont negociate with Terrorist. Now Ba'al will think he could do such things again. So it seems the deconstruction of the Classic SG-1 characters continues.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Spoiler for Insiders
            Spoiler:
            All I have to say is there is NO WAY Sam would give up the code. No. Way.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
              OK... about "Insiders"...

Spoiler:
              First of all, I was totally surprised to hear the infamously controversial line said in this episode. I was expecting it next week. After grilling him about whether or not he'd be able to control Vala, when Cameron says that he doesn't control anybody, Landry concedes with an ever-so-witty, "Who does?" or something else that was meant to disregard any suggestions that Cameron can't handle it. And that's me being a bit tame, since I wasn't too annoyed with the episode beyond Sam's ineffectiveness towards the end (funny... I could've sworn we talked about this earlier... ).

I don't know if it's a victory yet. Because if we were worried about that line being said at the cabin, and we have yet to actually see that episode, I'm wondering if the conversation in "Uninvited" won't be much, much worse... But that's just me preparing myself for the worst, so I won't be surprised.

Spoiler:
              k, i didn't realize 'the' issue episode wasn't this one. so bad things could still be coming our way....

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                Spoiler:
                baal had vala, daniel, teal'c or cam on thier knees in front of sam with a gun to their head

as it was, dude barrett is just an acquaintance and sam would NOT cave that quickly.

very good eps
                Yep
                Spoiler:
                I liked learning about Ronan's past!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  Spoiler:

very good eps
                  Sateda was amazing. See THAT is how you bring in the new character and give him some... character. Loved it. Loved all the characters in it.
                  Spoiler:

shep with a grin: I killed six,
                  Teyla: I killed eight.
                  Shep to Mckay and Becket: I killed nine and Telya killed 8.

Then at the end Shep says "I killed 12"

God remember when SG-1 was that good. Remember when Carter looked as competant as Teyla did in that ep.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Great bloody Hades, (spoilers for Insiders)
                    Spoiler:
                    WTF is going on with Sam just giving the enemy information! This is twice! (Gemini being the other.) PLease! Barrett isn't civilian per se. And she's have put together the additional whammy a bunch of sifnals would have. Yet again, the dumbing down of Sam. And to think I liked this show last week. Sam honey, the've done you wrong!

Gah!! %*^%$&I*& *%%^U*((*^$%#^*^ )&)%&*%$*# (^%&% ^$(%(*$*&$($ )(&^T() %)%*&^)% &)^&)&T!!!!!!

Suse
                    Last edited by suse; 04 August 2006, 09:29 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Minister
                      Ok guys i have a question. Isn't sam to young to be a Lt. colonel?
                      I believe that Mitchell's supposed to be younger than Sam.

Comment

Sacrifice is the right word Sky, yes.

Spoiler:
                        They softened her, which just seemed so... blah... I just didn't buy that she would do that so quickly. Then again, honestly, it is in Sam's character to not want to risk lives. And, based on the way the Ba'als were acting, they were serious. It is her job to protect SGC personnel, and if Anubis couldn't find the planets (though I can't remember why he would have been looking for the planets in question), it is unlikely that, out of all of those thousands of planets, Ba'al will find it very quickly. He claims to have information, but we don't know that for sure...

I just think it WAS in Sam's character to minimize the casualties as best as she could and buy time, though I DEFINITELY wish she'd given them bogus data.

Oh well...

So help me, if next week in "Uninvited"...

Spoiler:
                        They write Sam as unable to handle the situation at the SGC without calling Landry and Cameron, who will already be bogged down by crises of their own...

... Grr. That's all I have to say.

Again, on a positive note about tonight's episode...

Spoiler:
                        I know Sky will vehemently disagree with me , but Vala is growing on me. When she's not talking about sex or obsessing about Daniel, I find her very endearing. There's a moment when Vala is trying (and failing) to arm wrestle Teal'c which is pretty hilarious.

And I thought it was kinda funny when Vala came prancing into the Gateroom with Sam trailing behind - makes you wonder if Sam helped her get dressed picked out her clothes for her. <--- that was for you, AD and Myrth.

All in all, I've gotta say that Vala is showing that she's a team player.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                          OK... about "Insiders"...

Spoiler:
                          <snip>

Sam and Vala SPOKE to each other. Beyond that, they actually WORKED together for a bit. *gasp* And it actually worked. It was subtle, not over-the-top like Sam and Cam (I'll get to that in a moment).

In the interrogation room with the whole team and Ba'al, when Sam was sitting across from Ba'al at the table, and Vala was moving around and fidgeting like a kid in desperate need of some ritalyn (and I mean that in an endearing way ), Vala asked Sam for clarification on the weapon at Dakara. It was most definitely an opportunity for them to clue in the clueless as to what the weapon on Dakara was for, but it was a nice way to have them discuss the issue.

I did wonder why the director had Vala/CB kneel quite so far down so that Sam/AT had to kneel down, but perhaps with Ba'al in the shot, they had to do it so it wouldn't look awkward. As it stands, however, I was like, "Hmmm... I don't like the symbolism of Sam looking down at Vala at all." It's possible I was reading too much into it, though.
                          <snip>
                          Spoiler:
                          I agree with you about the Sam-Vala interaction. Out in the field and when interrogating Ba'al, they worked well together. No condescension either way. Kind of off-topic, but you can't help but notice CB is always lounging or drawing her legs up or sprawling in a chair. It does clarify the character nicely - a stark contrast to the military rigidness required of Sam and Cam and the stiffness of Teal'c (no Sky, not that stiffness! ). I wonder if that's coming from the directors or from CB. I suspect CB, and it's a great use of body language.

By the way, when Vala ran off on her own on the planet, were you getting flashbacks of Cam last season?

NC

Comment

There is not enough alcohol in the world to make me enjoy tonight's episode.

I don't know that I will ever watch another Alan McCullough scripted ep because I keep hating them with a violent passion.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                              I believe that Mitchell's supposed to be younger than Sam.
                              I know this. I hate mitchell and I pretend he dont even exist. How old is mitchel anyway? like 34?

Comment

i do agree with you

vala was very tolerable. little quirky, little annoying, but compared to the plot holes the size of alkash ships, she was ok.

you know, i think that vala is BETTER when daniel is gone.

when he's there she's too nympho and stupid. but when he's gone and she's not playing to him, she's a quirky and tolerable character
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X