Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
    I think she'll need a cigarette after this lot!
    One of these days, Ooobs will realize that the omlettes are more trouble than they're worth.

(I still don't know how to make them...)

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
      One of these days, Ooobs will realize that the omlettes are more trouble than they're worth.

Try copy and past them or buy a Europian keyboard

and since when did umlauts change in food?!?

Comment

Actually, the technical term is "I-mutation" but we commonly call it an umlaut. They aren't just used in German, but other Germanic derived languages such as Danish, Norwegian and so on. <snip>
        Umlauts are not used in Danish or Norwegian. They are used, however, in Swedish and Icelandic.

My LJ

Comment

Very cool sig, but I'm not sure what you mean by "saviour of the coalition". Or "savior" as I think you've spelt it. Is that the American form?
          There "used" to be a Coalition thread in the Sony Stargate SG1 forum. I know that I'm too old for RPG stuff, but it was fun to role play once in a while with the kids or young at heart. (I had Carter Clones and Asgard Clones that always saved the day or figured a way out of a pickle with their intellegence). There are just some mean individuals at the Sony Forum and got it the thread deleted. It caused Blind Fury in some of the members of our coalition and A lot of our sweet kids got Banned. Not 72 hours, but perm. banned. We have a moderater Called Guide_Storm over there that can be ruthless without warning. A lot of us came over here to GW. UBer invited some. (I tried to get Uber to join the coalition, even offered her some of my Carter clones, she poped in once in a while, it was Chaotic Craziness all the time). .
          Any hoot! I was the only one that Guide_Storm took the patience to read a PM and finally gave in to 'maybe' allowing some of the member banned back within a months time. One of the coalition members - Drk Star made the Sig for me because of my hard work. I won't have him correct the misspelling, I think its cute. Those kids didn't deserve to be perm. banned -The're not angles, but they didnt' deserve that. They did open a coalition here at GW.

Gosh... I'm a air bag... Sorry for the long post. GO CARTER FANS!
          Strong Believer in LOVE!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

They are little codes on your keyboard. They don't work for me because I use a laptop. But.... Just to make Oooobs happy...

Ä ALT+0196
            ä ALT+0228
            Ö ALT+0214
            ö ALT+0246
            Ü ALT+0220
            ü ALT+0252
            ß ALT+0223
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
              Umlauts are not used in Danish or Norwegian. They are used, however, in Swedish and Icelandic.
              Oh, I thought they were. Hmmmm, sorry, my bad. *bows before Strix*

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                and since when did umlauts change in food?!?
                With a little beer, a bit of cheese and some Canadian bacon, I bet you could make a mean omlette out of Ooobs.

Comment

They are little codes on your keyboard. They don't work for me because I use a laptop. But.... Just to make Oooobs happy...

Ä ALT+0196
                  ä ALT+0228
                  Ö ALT+0214
                  ö ALT+0246
                  Ü ALT+0220
                  ü ALT+0252
                  ß ALT+0223
                  All hail the mighty umlauts!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                    Just figured out my mistake *headdesk* I was just looking at my phonetics work and thought... hmmmm, Nordic characters... and picked the only two languages that opted for the ae ligature and so on. Damn my idiocy!

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 100 POSTS

as for the fourth hourseman: is there anyone who actually likes that scene?!? please come forward and let us see something good from that scene...
                      I don't even like the episode. What a waste of Sam time. She was on screen a lot, she just didn't get to do anything.
                      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Ä ALT+0196
                        ä ALT+0228
                        Ö ALT+0214
                        ö ALT+0246
                        Ü ALT+0220
                        ü ALT+0252
                        ß ALT+0223
                        so how about ï and ë ? does that not has a code on the keyboard? Or is this only used in Dutch words?

Comment

They are little codes on your keyboard.
                          This is one of those (several) times when MacOS comes in handy. "Keyboard Viewer" is very convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by DEM
                            This is one of those (several) times when MacOS comes in handy. "Keyboard Viewer" is very convenient.
                            *cracks fingers*

Down with MacOS!

*braces self for the wrath of MacLovers everywhere *

Comment

so how about ï and ë ? does that not has a code on the keyboard? Or is this only used in Dutch words?
                              Well, German doesn't use those. But there are codes for them....

ALT 0203 Ë
                              ALT 0207 Ï
                              ALT 0235 ë
                              ALT 0239 ï

There are codes for all character sets including greek and hebrew etc.

Comment

*bows before Strix*
                                Oh, I like that!

You may rise, my child.

But fear not, my foreign language expertise is limited to a now-lost fluency in Danish, and a year in grad school studying Scandinavian Languages and Literature (something that is not for the faint of heart seeing as virtually every single piece of notable Scandinavian literature is depressingly tragic...).

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X