X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so, a question.

spoilers for 'insiders' and 'uninvited'

Spoiler:
    seeing as the leadership issue was brought up in 'insiders', is it also going to be brought up in 'uninvited'?

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      so, a question.

spoilers for 'insiders' and 'uninvited'

Spoiler:
      seeing as the leadership issue was brought up in 'insiders', is it also going to be brought up in 'uninvited'?

sally
      I was wondering that myself,
      Spoiler:
      it seems to me, and I know I may be wrong (just this one time ) but I got the feeling that maybe they edited that scene into Insiders, after seeing the ratings, and trying not to drive fans away. Now we have to wonder if the leadership scene will actually show up in Uninvited? But like I said its just a guess on my part
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

spoilers for 'insiders'

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Spoiler:
        One thing I'm really glad of was the fact that Daniel wasn't there. This gave Vala a chance to interact with the others more naturally...and I especially loved her interactions with Sam. They seem so natural and unforced and I want more.

Maybe we can get Daniel to move to Atlantis for a few months, which would really allow Vala to settle in and create bonds apart from him.

*wicked evil grin*

I'm just sayin.'

Spoiler:
        i loved sam and vala's scenes together!

and that scene where vala has gotten on her knees and is talking to sam, with baal right there to hear... vala was almost looking sexily at sam.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

You know, I said it before and I'll say it again.

I'm glad we don't all fall into lockstep and adore everything she does just because she's Carter, or just because she's played by Amanda Tapping and we recognize how talented and wonderful she is. I've seen that kind of attitude in other aspects of SG fandom and find it thoroughly disturbing.

It's great that we all have minds and all feel free to call it like we see it. Some see things one way, some see it another. But it's all okay in the end because we still love Sam and recognize what a fantastic character she is...mistakes and all.

Long live Samanda.
          i wholeheartedly agree!

it's called 'debating', in its truest and most glorious nature.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

i haven't answered the 'is sam still a great character?' question because i found the question inapplicable.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
              I have to say that I am surprised at the negativity directed toward Sam. This is my favorite thread in the whole forum and I'm feeling very upset to come here and find so many negative vibes.
              well, as much as being on a forum is for 'entertainment', this is also a discussion and debating thread. some sam/amanda fans are upset about the latest ep. this is where they come to talk about it, whether it be pro or negatively. it's what we do.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for 'insiders'
                Spoiler:
                and that scene where vala has gotten on her knees and is talking to sam... vala was almost looking sexily at sam.
                Almost?

HA!

Comment

well, as much as being on a forum is for 'entertainment', this is also a discussion and debating thread. some sam/amanda fans are upset about the latest ep. this is where they come to talk about it, whether it be pro or negatively. it's what we do.

sally
                  Yup. We're not sheeple. Some of us like action A and some people hate it.

Does that mean that people that like action A are good fans or bad fans? Does that mean that people that hate action A are good fans or bad fans?

The answer to both questions is "OF COURSE NOT, YOU NUMPTY."

I'd be bored to death if we all agreed about everything Sam did. We don't all agree on her career...that's fine. We don't all agree on ship...that's fine. We don't all agree on ANYTHING...that's fine.

Further, I find it creepy when fans all think Character X does everything perfectly all the time and there is no fault in him. (whoops...Freudian slip)

I've seen this good/true fan stuff on other threads and it's enough to make my blood boil. Complain about the show and you're not a "true fan." Complain about something Carter did and you're not a "true fan." BAH.

I think TRUE FANS are the ones who love the show and the characters...SAM INCLUDED...in whatever way they want to even if, and dare I say ESPECIALLY if they criticize what they don't like about what they love.

I don't want and never would want Samanda to turn into a kingdom full of lemmings.
                  Originally posted by Numpty 1
                  Gee isn't Sam great?
                  Originally posted by Numpty 2
                  Yes indeed.
                  Originally posted by Numpty 3
                  And wasn't what she did in episode 27 great?
                  Originally posted by Numpty 4
                  of course it was! Sam did it didn't she?
                  Originally posted by Numpty 5
                  but, she nuked a village and killed all the women and children and kicked all the dogs in the stomach because she was in a bad mood.
                  Originally posted by Numpty 4
                  But it was SAM... ergo it was perfect in every way!!!
                  Geez...that'd get old fast, wouldn't it?

So let the lurve and the debate continue! Agree that we won't always agree about what she might say and do and sit back and let's see what happens next with our favorite little Lt. Colonel/Theoretical Astrophysicist/Kickbutt Officer!!! Why? Because Sam's a great character. (sounds like a neato idea for a thread, dontchathink?)

Yes...we are Samanda...made possible by THE POWER OF SAM.

Last edited by Uber; 06 August 2006, 10:59 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

spoilers for 'insiders'

Spoiler:
                    i loved sam and vala's scenes together!

and that scene where vala has gotten on her knees and is talking to sam, with baal right there to hear... vala was almost looking sexily at sam.

sally
                    I can't wait to see Sam and Vala together...as team mates...although I'm sure AD will have something to add to that...I'm surprised he hasn't said anything already!!
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Insiders
                      Also
                      Spoiler:
                      take note of all the orders she gives. IT'S COOL.
                      Yes. I had forgotten that too. I really need to watch it again, now !

Originally posted by minigeek
                      Mandy, yes, exactly. I'm a huge Sam fan. That's the reason I so strongly feel that what the writer(s) did to her character in this episode was reprehensible, out of character and quite frankly, realistically implausible for her rank, her station and her experience. The writer(s) made extremely poor decisions for Sam Carter in this episode (or they deliberately sabbotaged her character, which I'd rather not believe). Samantha Carter is not the person we saw towards the end of "Insiders". She shouldn't (and IMHO she wouldn't) respond in the way that she did. She wouldn't say the things that she did. Her experience and her training belie everything that went down there. It was p___ poor writing, with neither rhyme nor reason. Sam's competence and her savvy were sacrificed on the altar of a completely pathetic plot device. And unfortunately - despite its abject implausibility - now, all of it is canon.

mg
                      That's the way I felt yesterday, but after that, I read Über's post... and began to feel really better. Thanks for that, Über !

sally
                      That's exactly what is interesting ! Having a debate, even if I don't really do, because I'm still hesitating about lots of things...

But reading you debate helps me understand, which is already good for me.

Comment

sally
                        Yeah well that's all swell and all but it just seems to be on the negative and less positive...I love a good debate as much as the next person but some good and positive feedback would be nice too is all I'm saying!!

BTW Sally...congrats on 7400 posts!! WTG!!!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

not that anybody cares but check out the text in my sig!

go sam!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                            I have to say that I am surprised at the negativity directed toward Sam. This is my favorite thread in the whole forum and I'm feeling very upset to come here and find so many negative vibes.
                            Yeah I know the feeling but in my current frame of mind I'm thinking negatively about the whole show, Carter included. Yes, Carter *was* a great character, yes she has the potential *to be* a great character again but *right now* she's not so great IMO.

It doesn't change the fact that I admire Amanda Tapping for portraying such a wonderful character over the last decade and I think as a person she's an amazing role model but at the moment I'm blaming the WRITERS entirely for the "dumbing down" of what was once a fascinating show. If I wanted to watch lame one-liners and two-dimensional characters I'd go and watch re-runs of 'Joey'. As for this new writer guy (known only to me as AM) what planet did they get him from? Has he ever even *watched* an episode of pre-season 9 Stargate?!? If they're that desperate for writers then I'd suggest bringing in the Fandemonium writers for a few episodes - at least they'd do a good job and keep in character!

Sorry for the negativity but that's just how I see Stargate at the moment. I'm still watching, I'm still hoping for great things for Sam because I still love her character in the sense that I want her to have the place she deserves within the show and I want to see her do great things again and I'm still a Sam/Jack shipper but if the show carries on the way it's going? I don't think I could stand watching my once favourite characters getting hacked to pieces at the rate they are now. Oh, and FCOL, I wish they'd DO SOMETHING with Teal'c! The poor guy is getting fewer lines than Walter!

*AHEM* rant over.
                            Last edited by AmberLM; 07 August 2006, 02:24 AM.
                            Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Yup. We're not sheeple. Some of us like action A and some people hate it.

Does that mean that people that like action A are good fans or bad fans? Does that mean that people that hate action A are good fans or bad fans?

The answer to both questions is "OF COURSE NOT, YOU NUMPTY."

I'd be bored to death if we all agreed about everything Sam did. We don't all agree on her career...that's fine. We don't all agree on ship...that's fine. We don't all agree on ANYTHING...that's fine.

Further, I find it creepy when fans all think Character X does everything perfectly all the time and there is no fault in him. (whoops...Freudian slip)

I've seen this good/true fan stuff on other threads and it's enough to make my blood boil. Complain about the show and you're not a "true fan." Complain about something Carter did and you're not a "true fan." BAH.

I think TRUE FANS are the ones who love the show and the characters...SAM INCLUDED...in whatever way they want to even if, and dare I say ESPECIALLY if they criticize what they don't like about what they love.

I don't want and never would want Samanda to turn into a kingdom full of lemmings. Geez...that'd get old fast, wouldn't it?

So let the lurve and the debate continue! Agree that we won't always agree about what she might say and do and sit back and let's see what happens next with our favorite little Lt. Colonel/Theoretical Astrophysicist/Kickbutt Officer!!! Why? Because Sam's a great character. (sounds like a neato idea for a thread, dontchathink?)

Yes...we are Samanda...made possible by THE POWER OF SAM.

Now that last line would make a great basis for a new sigpic, Über... any chance of seeing one?
                              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                                And we know what they can do with their cannon
                                i just wish they'd stop thinking with it
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X