Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal

"Here's the scoop, Sir: England lost, Portugal won, Tone is slightly tipsy, Coley is in big trouble with Jester, Amber is lusting after you and most of the World Cup soccer teams, Amanda Tapping is #1 on the celeeb.com popularity poll, and you need to comb your hair."

"Ya think?!"
    ROFLMAO! BTW, I don't like Ronaldo. Sure, he's kinda cute but he's got a massive ego! It's so unattractive!

Edited to say: Is it Ronaldo or Ronaldinio? I get confused. Anyway, I meant the young Portugese one not the old Brazilian one!
    Last edited by AmberLM; 01 July 2006, 02:59 PM.
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM
      I had a hunch that that comment had something to do with Jonas (Hansen), actually.

I could be waaay off the mark but, considering the way he was when we last saw him and taking into account what Sam said about him liking to be in control and "He wasn't happy when I broke off the engagement, but he seemed like he really pulled himself together when we met up at Stargate Command", my suspicious mind wonders whether he said or tried to do something to her when she broke it off.
      Good point. Maybe Sam was half-expecting a bad reaction to her breaking off the engagement, especially as it seems that the wedding wasn't that far off, because of her own previous experience.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Because the Jester has come right out and asked for it - a GABIT Highlight - Story courtesy of The Jester's Daughter

The scene is the Jester and Daughter's GABIT hotel room:

The Jester: don’t know about you, but I find a lot of these British accents very hard to understand. [gestures to news show on hotel TV] Oh, now her accent’s heavy.

The Daughter: That’s German, Mom!

Oh I'm so in trouble now!!

There's more though.....

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
          Good point. Maybe Sam was half-expecting a bad reaction to her breaking off the engagement, especially as it seems that the wedding wasn't that far off, because of her own previous experience.
          Yeah I thought about it quite a bit when everyone (including Amanda) started saying that they thought it was a bit harsh the way she dumped him. It's the only theory that fits and doesn't make Sam's comment seem cold or downright odd.

Comment

Blimey! I bet I know more cockney slang than you do the Gaelic!! BTW, what's the "Saint Martha" or whatever? I should think it means "pour me another beer".
            CG, I assume by "Saint Martha" you mean "Slainte Mhath!"?

In which case, you're absolutely right - for future reference, it's pronounced "schlaunty vaaa", and means "Good Health!" or "Cheers!"...

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
              Because the Jester has come right out and asked for it - a GABIT Highlight - Story courtesy of The Jester's Daughter

The scene is the Jester and Daughter's GABIT hotel room:

The Jester: don’t know about you, but I find a lot of these British accents very hard to understand. [gestures to news show on hotel TV] Oh, now her accent’s heavy.

The Daughter: That’s German, Mom!

Oh I'm so in trouble now!!

There's more though.....
              Don't worry, I've heard that done before, except it was Dutch rather than German
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Yeah I thought about it quite a bit when everyone (including Amanda) started saying that they thought it was a bit harsh the way she dumped him. It's the only theory that fits and doesn't make Sam's comment seem cold or downright odd.
                I just think Sam was expecting Pete to want more of an explanation. Maybe she didn't realize that he half expected it and was thinking she's have to explain why she was breaking it off at the eleventh hour.

To be fair I would have expected more of a reaction too.

To be honest I thought Sam was a bit harsh accepting a proposal of marriage when she still had feelings for O'Neill. Fine if she wanted a relationship, but as soon as Pete got serious about her she should have come clean. I was disapointed with Sam over this, but then good to see that she isn't perfect!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  Don't worry, I've heard that done before, except it was Dutch rather than German
                  Now you've given the Jester a defense!!

Ahhh well, back to the reporting board

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                    CG, I assume by "Saint Martha" you mean "Slainte Mhath!"?

In which case, you're absolutely right - for future reference, it's pronounced "schlaunty vaaa", and means "Good Health!" or "Cheers!"...
                    You got yourself a copy of the dictionary and cd set? So you'll be networking when you're over then??

The voting for Amanda has picked up again.

CG Have you voted yet?

Are you writing?!

Comment

Some more season ten pics over at sg.emedian.

Morpheus
                      Pegasus Project
                      Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

You got yourself a copy of the dictionary and cd set? So you'll be networking when you're over then??
                        Yes, no, and definitely not.

The voting for Amanda has picked up again.
                        There goes tonight's sleep...

CG Have you voted yet?
                        Are you writing?!
                        Well?

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                          Some more season ten pics over at sg.emedian.

Morpheus
                          Pegasus Project
                          Re: Morpheus pics - what the heck are they doing, re-making 'Alien' or something?!?

BTW I'm just watching a Meg Ryan movie called 'Addicted To Love' or something and I have a poster of Amanda on my wall next to my TV that I bought at GABIT - and I can't help but notice the uncanny resemblence between Amanda and a young Meg Ryan (i.e. before Meg stuffed her face full of totally unnecessary toxic gunk!) It's quite freaky!

Comment

I just think Sam was expecting Pete to want more of an explanation. Maybe she didn't realize that he half expected it and was thinking she's have to explain why she was breaking it off at the eleventh hour.

To be fair I would have expected more of a reaction too.
                            Yeah but I think:

S: "I'm dumping you, Spud-boy!"
                            P: "Oh, ok."
                            S: "What? Don't you even want to know why?!? I can't believe you don't want to know why I'm giving your ring back!"

Sounds cold and just a little bit, I dunno, selfish or something. OK, so I paraphrased it to sound a little more harsh than it was but even so I, personally, choose to believe that whilst Sam isn't perfect, she wouldn't be so tactless as to expect him to explain his reaction, whatever it may have been. After all, she was, to all intents and purposes, breaking the poor man's heart and she knew it.

Wow, did I actually just stick up for Pete? Well, enjoy it while it lasts, I'm joining Pete-Lovers-Anonymous tomorrow morning to rid myself of this irrational need to defend creepy stalker types against being horribly dumped for hot older Air Force Generals!

I thought Pete was good for Sam in that he showed her what a real relationship was like but I honestly never thought the guy was good enough for Sam. Aren't there "guy's code rules" like on 'FRIENDS' anyway, numero uno being "Thou shalt not date my best friend's little sister"? (OK, so pot calling kettle, my dad married his best friend's sister but look how well *THAT* turned out! My parents have been divorced for over a decade and his once best friend is now top of his 'never-want-to-speak-to-again' list. On the other hand, there's me :s) I bet, if nothing else, the whole thing ruined his friendship with Mark!

So, to summarise my random stream of concious thoughts, I'm in two minds about the whole thing.
                            On one hand: stalker/not good enough/couldn't tell him much about her job/didn't love him as much as "someone else" but,
                            on the other hand: kinda romantic/got to get a life for a while/Sam realised what she really wanted/didn't die or turn into a raging demigod.

I guess it's all about the checks and balances, eh?

Comment

for your viewing pleasure ...

"Here's the scoop, Sir: England lost, Portugal won, Tone is slightly tipsy, Coley is in big trouble with Jester, Amber is lusting after you and most of the World Cup soccer teams, Amanda Tapping is #1 on the celeeb.com popularity poll, and you need to comb your hair."

"Ya think?!"
                              LOL at 'you need to comb your hair' (and he really does)
                              Last edited by astrogeologist; 01 July 2006, 03:47 PM.

Comment

So, to summarise my random stream of concious thoughts, I'm in two minds about the whole thing.
                                On one hand: stalker/not good enough/couldn't tell him much about her job/didn't love him as much as "someone else" but,
                                on the other hand: kinda romantic/got to get a life for a while/Sam realised what she really wanted/didn't die or turn into a raging demigod.

I guess it's all about the checks and balances, eh?
                                Love the way that you put that!

Comment

Working...
                                X