No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New SG-1/SGA commercial just aired. I saw Sam in it a few times. I hope someone records it.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Spoiler:
      You know I put it down to the writing team just not knowing how to write the show without "Jack". And by that I mean the quips and beats RDA carried. Of course to many of us it was just jarring, but I seriously think that was the deal. But I also think in 10 we'll see some evolution away from that. Hope so anyway.

Originally posted by minigeek
      Spoiler:
      They did that, because like so many other things they've done with Mitchell, they were fobbing off lines that Jack might have had to Cameron's character without a buffer.

We've all discussed how they seem to be trying to give Mitchell Jack's sense of humor and his dialogue and how it really just doesn't fit. Mitchell is a totally different character. We don't even know him yet, so tossing him Jack's irreverent sense of humor and trying to have him "TEASE" the team members of SG-1 with flippant remarks just doesn't fly. He's not Jack.

Jack could get away with calling Carter "Dorothy" (for example, in context) because Jack was... Jack. His backstory, his history, his personality, his relationship with Carter notwithstanding, and her respect for him; the entire dynamic between the two of them.

Mitchell lacks that depth thus far, and he needs HIS OWN lines, his own sense of humor - rather than Jack's transposed onto him.

geeek
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        New SG-1/SGA commercial just aired. I saw Sam in it a few times. I hope someone records it.
        I just turned the recorder on but I don't know how to post clips...should I email them to you??? I think I still have it from the Blue Jello campaign.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam
          I just turned the recorder on but I don't know how to post clips...should I email them to you??? I think I still have it from the Blue Jello campaign.
          if you join youtube.com then you should be able to upload.

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
            OK a question for you Sky or anyone else who might know, when would i see more than two Sam's in the avitar section? because at the moment with me trying to work my post count up a bit i'm hopeing for more Sam's to chose from! Oh and out of the two one is already in use.

Little post note for you Sky, well done on reaching 11,000 posts, that's alot of posts and i like your pic of Sam!
            petition david. he makes the avatars.

when you get to the custom level, i can make some for you, but david is the keeper of all things graphic on the board
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Ok well I joined the other night to rate Ooob's vid....I'll see if I can figure it out...it's finalizing right now.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
                Can't believe I'm agreeing with AD on something other than the fact that Sam is a great character.
                Originally posted by Spazzy
                Disturbing, isn't it? Ah well, you get used to it after a while.

(((AD)))
                :< :<

At least I got a hug out of it

Comment

Ok well I joined the other night to rate Ooob's vid....I'll see if I can figure it out...it's finalizing right now.
                  Sweet. Feel free to email it to me or post on YouTube (I can snurch the vid from there if I must).

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    :< :<

At least I got a hug out of it
                    Poor AD. They wouldn't tease ya if they didn't like ya.

Comment

Thank you for rating me. Feel free to comment. I lurve feedback.

/iz feedbackwh0r

Comment

ZOMG! From another thread, its a pic from a new s10 preview!
                        Spoiler:

SAM IN ATLANTIS AND! Sam/Vala/John OT3!

Comment

my only comment is that if they have vala in those dopey, little girl pig tails all season . . . sheesh - poor CB.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            ZOMG! From another thread, its a pic from a new s10 preview!
                            Spoiler:

SAM IN ATLANTIS AND! Sam/Vala/John OT3!
                            Sam looks... annoyed?

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                              Sam looks... annoyed?
                              Got interrupted while they were alone in the breifing room

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                Sam looks... annoyed?
                                Spoiler:
                                I would not say annoyed. to me she looks more mad and uninterested. But it is a great pic.

Oh I can barely wait for season 10, I only hope that I will not be dissapointed like season 9

Comment

Working...
                                X