Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
    Just watched Atlantis the lost empire (from disney) and I do find it a great film but what I noticed that it looked verry much like Stargate... I mean it is just to unrealistic.
    Ok there was a character that named: Audrey Rocio Ramirez and she rememinded me about Sam really. I mean not the looks but the way she was doing...She was smart, loves cars and things, she was the one who did the technical thing, when she was young she didn't have a happy life.
    so ok it is not exactly the same but still she reminded me off Sam.

and the whole film just was to stargate alike... (but that is another thread so I am not going to talk about that)
    IIRC, in Disney's Atlantis movie, the main character looked a LOT like Daniel Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      Ooober's deep alright...deep in what, I can't tell you, but it's very deep
      You'll be in deep kimchi if you keep that line of thought goin.'

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        that's what i mean. take off the 'img' tags please and don't quote the pic over and over.

it is a KILLER for dialup folks. I know when my puter has a lot of pics to download it keeps jumping up and down as each pic downloads.
        okay, now that you've answered this, please disregard my email to you.

so, in the season 10 sony preview vid thinger, at one point, ben browder makes a quip about it being 'season 2' (and says it again to emphasize it), so...

i think bb sees sg1 as season 2 of a new show. maybe that's the prob for some of us, because we're still expecting stargate sg1, not the second season of ben's new starring vehicle... just sayin'.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          okay, now that you've answered this, please disregard my email to you.

so, in the season 10 sony preview vid thinger, at one point, ben browder makes a quip about it being 'season 2' (and says it again to emphasize it), so...

i think bb sees sg1 as season 2 of a new show. maybe that's the prob for some of us, because we're still expecting stargate sg1, not the second season of ben's new starring vehicle... just sayin'.

sally
          Ok I just think he is refering to the fact that for him it is season 2... It wil be his second year on the show... And after seeing that previeuw, I don't have that much hopes anymore looks like there will be a lot of mitchell and vala in it and not much of sam
          someone who read spoilers tell me that I am wrong...just say that sam will be in it and will have a good arc...

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
            Ok I just think he is refering to the fact that for him it is season 2... It wil be his second year on the show... And after seeing that previeuw, I don't have that much hopes anymore looks like there will be a lot of mitchell and vala in it and not much of sam
            someone who read spoilers tell me that I am wrong...just say that sam will be in it and will have a good arc...
            I don't think it's going to be THAT bad. Not great, but better than S9-IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              Well speaking of colorful, thanks to Spazo I found out that I am in fact duel colored on that voting thing. I'm blue and teal'c...I mean, teal.
              what do the colors mean?

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                Well that will not be hard to... I mean really season 9 was awfull... Did anyone actually see sam in it??
                Spoiler:
                ok ripple effect we had a lot of them

Ok it looks as closer it gets as how much more I doubt it will be good... Well if I not hope that it will be good than when it is good it will be great for me so...

Oh I hope that Sam will be in it a lot and that she will have a good and great part...also hoping for shippy things (sorry guys... )

Comment

what do the colors mean?

sally
                  It's kind of their way of keeping of you through your isp? this way we know who you are.
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

what do the colors mean?
                    sally
                    What do the little color boxes next to each post mean?
                    These colors are unique to each IP address that posted the message. While it's not a perfect indication of the author it gives you a pretty good idea. If you see the same two colors over and over chances are these posts are from the same person. The color values are taken from an encrypted form of the IP address so anyone viewing the HTML source will not be able to determine your real IP address.
                    From the FAQ at http://www.celeeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Okay. Dumb question here.

Would it be better for my fellow Samandans if I put the animated gifs into spoiler tags? I mean, they're still there but not visible right? Would that affect loading time?

Oh please let me know, Great Moddess of Samanda.
                      they still load. the issue isn't posting them. posting is fun and great. it's the quoting over and over and over that's the issue
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        Thanks for the link tsax! So... is he just being a fanboi, or is he talking about the two POVs (science and military) that Sam has to uphold at all times? I'm so confused about this MMO stuff... I've never played one before, but this one looks REALLY cool.

EDIT: And the fact that it's all being developed LITERALLY in my own backyard, is a lovely thing as well.
                        From they way I understand, based on the normal way these things are done, there are 2 overall factions, 'Good' and 'Evil'. The Good faction will be made up of the Tau'ri, Tok'ra, Asgard maybe the Jaffa while the Evil faction will have the Goa'uld, Ori, etc. You choose your overall faction (good or evil), then choose your sub-faction (Tau'ri if you went good for example, or maybe Goa'uld if you chose evil).

Once you've chose your factions, you'd then choose your character class (Soldiers, Scientists etc). There'd probably be some sub-faction restrictions on those too, because I've yet to see a Jaffa scientist or an Asgard soldier...

What he was saying is that because Amanda would be so popular, she would warrant her own faction
                        Last edited by Agent_Dark; 28 June 2006, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          Amanda would be so popular, she would warrant her own faction
                          Woot!

Comment

regarding the "heroes" thing, i greened several of you for you posts that i agreed with, but it wouldn't let me green some of you. oober, for some reason i'm not allowed to green you lately, but i have to say that your post made me not post my thoughts on it. (i'm sure many of you will be off to green oober for this fact alone! ). your post was excellent, very well thought out and so eloquent that anything i could have posted on it, while very similar would have just looked like crap (more so than usual).

mini, forever sg1 and LA doyle are the others who come to mind who made great posts on the topic.

all i can say is that everyone see's things differently. some people obviously hated that scene, and while i can't understand why, i'm not going to think too much on it because i've formed my opinions on it, and i'm not going to change them all that much. i thought that scene along with AT's scene with teal'c were among the best in that episode, and showed a person dealing with an enormous amount of pressure and grief as best she could.

and the line about cassie being "a tough kid" who "survives". personally i didn't think anything of it. a friend of mine recently lost her mother, she's only about 20. i asked another friend "how is she?" and then as soon as it was out of my mouth realised that, although its a standard question in such a situation, its a pretty stupid one. the answer was something like, well she she's ok, but how can you be in that situation. i saw her not long after that and she was fine outwardly, but if anyone asked me how she was, the phrase "she's a tough kid, she survives, ya know?" would be apt. i don't think its callous at all. its a fact. what can you say to that? i find in my extensive dealings with death amongst friends and family that people are tough, and they survive. and most often the real grieving process can't begin until the truth of the situation hits those affected. and i find that often this doesn't happen until after the "official" mourning period.

i think that sam's answer there was a method of reasurance for jack, while trying not to make him uncomfortable (possible ingrained in her following his reaction to daniels loss).

every perceives a scene in their own way, just as everyone deals with a situation (death for example) in their own way.

well, i'm going to stop here because i said i wasn't going to go into my thoughts on the scene. i just needed to say something about this particular line i suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
                              Better than S9 - that's encouraging.
                              If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
                              proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
                              Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                                regarding the "heroes" thing, i greened several of you for you posts that i agreed with, but it wouldn't let me green some of you. oober, for some reason i'm not allowed to green you lately, but i have to say that your post made me not post my thoughts on it. (i'm sure many of you will be off to green oober for this fact alone! ). your post was excellent, very well thought out and so eloquent that anything i could have posted on it, while very similar would have just looked like crap (more so than usual). <<snippety doo da>>
                                Thank you for your kind words and I won't be upset if others take your advice and green me just because I'm just so dang cute.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X