No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey 1speed are you voting - and yes you do have to!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
      Well yeah, because I've stopped trying to figure out what Scari's been talking about looong ago
      scarimor

Comment

and Amanda has hit no 13!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          it works when it's the caption, as long at the picture is small enough.

and yes, sometimes the pics are cached. but some folks also have their browers set to clear the cache everytime they restart it (as in every time they open a new browser window) so they have to re-download it every time.

It's just a courtesy thing. quoting a pic once or twice isn't that big of a deal, but things like those videos can add up...especially if they're quoted over and over and over.

that's why gateworld has the rule
          Okay. Dumb question here.

Would it be better for my fellow Samandans if I put the animated gifs into spoiler tags? I mean, they're still there but not visible right? Would that affect loading time?

Oh please let me know, Great Moddess of Samanda.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
            What with Oober's furious blushes, TJ's youthful energy and Spaz's indignation, this thread is getting quite colourful
            Well speaking of colorful, thanks to Spazo I found out that I am in fact duel colored on that voting thing. I'm blue and teal'c...I mean, teal.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle
              I don't have photoshop or anything fancy, so when the mood strikes me to make something...I make collages! And since I fancy AT to death, I thought I'd throw some pics of she and Sam together. Hope you like!

Spoiler:

As I was making this...PLATHUNK!!!! The woman is GORGEOUS! My favorite pic is the one in the pink dress. She's so pretty.
              Woot! Wonderful collage, LA!

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor
                What with Oober's furious blushes, TJ's youthful energy and Spaz's indignation, this thread is getting quite colourful
                Hehe! We wouldn't have it any other way.

I missed my 3600th post somewhere. I don't even know where it was.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  Hehe! We wouldn't have it any other way.

I missed my 3600th post somewhere. I don't even know where it was.
                  LOL, you funny.

That's ok. Ooober will lend you her 3600th post (I'm sure it wasn't important anyway), and then you can celebrate properly.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    Wow. I wouldn't let her put my name on it anywhere, but Anni and I were goofing around this morning for an hour or so and we wrote something short and silly together that she's posting now on ff.net. First time for everything, hey?

It's about Sam, sort of, but the characters are Daniel and Jack and it takes place during season nine. It's based on a bigger idea we have, which may or may not go anywhere, lol

Implied (but very understated) Sam/Jack.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3014270/1/

mg
                    What fun, mini!
                    Thanks for posting the link

Comment

There is a new article on "Stargate Worlds" the MMO that is in development and Amanda is mentioned in the article

Shack: Introduce us to the game's two factions, and how they differ in gameplay terms.

Jake Simpson: Who said anything about 2? Lets see, in the show you’ve got the Ori, the Gou’ald, the Jaffa, the Asgard, the Tau’ri (that’s us!), the Tok’ra (Has anyone else noticed a pre-ponderence of apostrophes’ in the Stargate naming conventions?? I gather the writers get royalties on apostrophe’s usage...) and so on. And that’s not counting what we may or may not create ourselves.

In terms of questing factions, you’ll probably be looking at two distinct factions point of view – although which factions go into which point of view you are looking at will get shuffled about based on the content and aim of the specific question undertaking.

And, of course, Amanda Tapping (Colonel Sam Carter) would get her own faction all by itself because, well, obviously she needs it. I, personally, have it all planned out.

Full article can be found here
                      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Thanks for the link tsax! So... is he just being a fanboi, or is he talking about the two POVs (science and military) that Sam has to uphold at all times? I'm so confused about this MMO stuff... I've never played one before, but this one looks REALLY cool.

EDIT: And the fact that it's all being developed LITERALLY in my own backyard, is a lovely thing as well.

Comment

Congrats Spaz on your 3600th post, where ever it may be
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            Ah...a Heroes 2 debate I see. Well here are my two pence if you please.

{snip}

So that's my take on that scene...supremely performed by Amanda...who expressed Sam's love and loss and relief and pain with such grace and skill, brilliantly weaving in the aspects of her personna that try to keep her emotional guard up and equally brilliantly, allowing that guard to fall to pieces without going over the top.

Exactly. Wow. That's it. Perfectly put. Amazing.

Oh, I just saw Sam and Teal'c hug in Paradise Lost! It's so sad. Daniel's gone, Jack's missing, and Teal'c is her support. Poor woman-she can't stand to lose anyone else. I love Teal'c. I want to hug him too! Also, another great AT acting moment.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje
                              Looks great... and she really looks pretty in that pink dress... I think she looks so girly... I mean the pink than her beautiful blond hair... and the smile
                              she is really a natural beauty
                              what program do you use to make that collage? cause it does look great for not having anything fancy.
                              I used paint. Told you it was nothing fancy!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                                Is there a vid posted somewhere of Amanda behind the scenes season 10 - dancing or summat?
                                Hi Coley,

I somehow missed it too... so I went back through the thread posts and found it

Originally posted by Lizlove
                                Originally posted by Deejay435
                                I think I missed the linkage to the Sony season 10 promo that people are talking about. Can someone re-link me? Thanks!
                                Here ya go! And her a YSI link to download it to your compy!

Comment

Working...
                                X