Jacob Carter/Carmen Argenziano Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacob Carter/Carmen Argenziano Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

I had quick look around there wasn’t a thread on this subject so I am going to create one.

I just want say what great character Jacob Carter had become over the years he will be truly missed. But I do understand why TPTB decided to finish the character for gooD. Sam and others needed a closure and also considering season 9 is going in different direction Jacob will no longer needed it was graceful ending for one of my favourite characters.
    Last edited by Wass; 10 February 2005, 12:48 PM.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

I loved Jacob!!!!!

I'm really say he's gone but the death scene has got to be one of the most touching and beautiful scenes I've ever seen.

I hope we bump into him in an AU or something along the way in season nine though.
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I loved Jacob too! He was my favourite guest star on the show. Carmen and Amanda have an amazing chemistry and were totally believable playing father and daughter. All of their scenes together were amazing and those last ones were so poignant. I'll miss Jacob so much!

Lucy x

Comment

I cried when Jacob died.

It was so sad.

I never expected him to just go and die.

I've always liked Jacob. I'll miss him.

Also, what bugged me was how they kept on saying 'four years ago'. Wouldn't it have been six years ago?

Also, (I'm nit-picking here) the episode was 8.18 Threads, not 8.19... Just pointing it out.

*runs away*

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Jacob was a better dad with Selmak's help. Selmak even made Jacob reunite with his son and grandchildren. Missing Jacob too.

Gatebee

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
            I cried when Jacob died.

It was so sad.

I never expected him to just go and die.

I've always liked Jacob. I'll miss him.

Also, what bugged me was how they kept on saying 'four years ago'. Wouldn't it have been six years ago?

Also, (I'm nit-picking here) the episode was 8.18 Threads, not 8.19... Just pointing it out.

*runs away*
            I was wondering that too! It was season 2 when Jacob was given the symbiote wasn't it? so it would be six years not four!

Comment

Warning: SPOILERS for Seasons 7 and 8 below:
              Originally posted by Wass
              I had quick look around there wasn’t a thread on this subject so I am going to create one.

I just want say what great character Jacob Carter had become over the years he will be truly missed. But I do understand why TPTB decided to finish the character for gooD. Sam and others needed a closure and also considering season 9 is going in different direction Jacob will no longer needed it was graceful ending for one of my favourite characters.
              I couldn't agree more - Jacob Carter was a wonderful character and I am truly sorry that he is gone.

--------------------------------------------

JACK: Excuse me. I distinctly remember someone saying "We're not gonna make it!" I think we made it.
              JACOB: I'm sorry, I overreacted. At the time it seemed we weren't gonna make it.
              JACK: Yes! Well, next time, maybe we'll just wait and see.
              JACOB: (Rather sarcastically, yet with a smile ) And blow the last chance I'll ever have to being right?
              (Sam's grinning behind Jacob)
              JACK: (As Jacob passes by him) What?
              SAM: (Laughing...)Welcome to MY life! (on her way out of the room)
              Photos are screen captures from the episodes 'Exodus' and 'Enemies'
              Transcript excerpts are mainly from the Stargate SG-1 Transcript Website

--------------------------------------------

Infirmary -Sam wakes up to find Jacob sitting there.

Jacob: Howdy kid. You were asleep for a long time. You gave me quite a scare.
              Sam: I'm sorry.
              Jacob: Jack told me what happened. I'm proud of you. Look Sam, I may not be able to come around as much for the next little while.
              Sam: What do you mean?
              Jacob: Things kind of got screwed up while you were out there. The alliance is in trouble.
              Sam: I don't understand.
              Jacob: You don't need to know the details right now. Let’s just say we're going our separate ways for a while. If I stay with the Tokra, I can at least try to mend some fences.
              Sam: You sure?

Jacob: I'm not ready to give up on this just yet.
              He kisses her.
              Jacob: Don't worry, I'll be back eventually.
              Sam: I'll miss you.
              Jacob: I'll miss you too. Bye.
              ------------------

Photos are screen captures from the episode Death Knell
              Transcript excerpts are from the Stargate SG-1 Transcript website

If you want to see a wonderful Jacob and Sam video montage, that now makes me cry
              >>> 'In My Daughter's Eyes':
              http://www.creative-insanity.net/voi...s/daughter.wmv
              From the website: http://www.creative-insanity.net/voi...rgatevids.html

---------------

Comment

I think I might watch some of that episode over again... It was just so sad...

Comment

*runs away*
                  Yes you are correct my mistake been ill my head is still messed up.

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

One thing that really ticked me off was the fact that Sam’S brother Jacobs son (can’t remember his name) was not there when he died I mean the tok’ra managed to turn up to pay there respects and they did not even call his son.

Comment

another pointless waste of a great character, never or almost never to be mentionned again (just like with Janet in Heroes). Thank you RCC

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                        another pointless waste of a great character, never or almost never to be mentionned again (just like with Janet in Heroes). Thank you RCC
                        Well actually about Janet...

Spoiler:
                        She's apparently supposed to make some kind of apperance in Season 9 or something... That's what I heard somewhere. I haven't really been keeping up with the spoilers too much...

Comment

Well actually about Janet...

Spoiler:
                          She's apparently supposed to make some kind of apperance in Season 9 or something... That's what I heard somewhere. I haven't really been keeping up with the spoilers too much...
                          That’s just rumour according to JM it’s not happening he confirmed it in his Q&A thread.

Comment

I will miss the old coot, sorry to see him bite the dust.
                            Good actor, good character, he'll be missed
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                              That’s just rumour according to JM it’s not happening he confirmed it in his Q&A thread.
                              See! Told ya... I'm not really keeping up with the spoilers...

*walks away whistling*

Comment

Working...
                              X