No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you want a continuity goof, check out the beginning of 48 hours. when jack has his boo-boo on his head, every single shot has him holding the gauze differently. every single one

and then in evolution, when he's sitting at the table talking to burke, there's this bottle of water, only found in canada, that appears, disapperas, apprears....like it was there when they shot with one camera from one angle then removed for the next setup and either no one caught it or it simply wasn't worth the cost of fixing
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
      I know they do. I don't usually notice it, but because this fic is based on such subtle nuances, it really makes a difference. I can't explain arms being extended over the table if the next moment they're folded.
      Magic
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        you want a continuity goof, check out the beginning of 48 hours. when jack has his boo-boo on his head, every single shot has him holding the gauze differently. every single one

and then in evolution, when he's sitting at the table talking to burke, there's this bottle of water, only found in canada, that appears, disapperas, apprears....like it was there when they shot with one camera from one angle then removed for the next setup and either no one caught it or it simply wasn't worth the cost of fixing
        You know what's hilarious about this. We actually add and remove bottles of water, desk lamps, all kinds of props to and from scenes all the time due to continuity goofs. Continuity goofs, I think, are the number two cause of over expenditure in post-production. The number one cause is a lazy or unprepared director.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
          Hi Samandans, i have some really fantastic news to share with you all!
          I'm a Grandmother this morning
          My Son gave us the news just before midnight last night (uk time)
          We have a little Grandaughter named Isabelle Amy and Mum and Daughter are doing well, my Son is over the moon and when we asked who she looked like he replied "i don't know she's all scrunced up!" bless him.
          Anyway sorry for being ot but i'm so pleased about the news that i had to share with you, take all of you
          Congratulations

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

The number one cause is a lazy or unprepared director.
            man are you guys gonna have your hands full when i make it big!

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
              man are you guys gonna have your hands full when i make it big!
              Another bit of trivia; the number one "thing" we end up deleting from scenes is....

... guess...

... can you guess? ...

... the frickin' CRANE !! ... lol

Yep, that's right, waaay too often, they just take the damn shots willy nilly and leave the cranes wherever, but "Oh, post will take it all out later..."

mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                What would have been really funny would to have had our Daniel and Sam in a room
                Spoiler:
                with Geek Daniel and Sam

*Sam and Daniel slowly look at one another*

Sam (whispering): Daniel, we were never that geeky...were we??
                Daniel: If we asked Jack, I'm sure he would have said 'yes'.
                Sam (grinning): Yeah, and that it was only his uber coolness that saved us from being nicknamed SG-Geeks.
                Daniel: Isn't that what he called us?
                Sam (perturbed look) He actually called us that?
                Daniel: Geeks. Nerds. Bookworms. Need I go on?
                Sam( sad smile ) I really miss having him around.
                Daniel: Yeah... me too.
                Cool! Fic!Sam said "ÜBER".

*snerkle*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

i've said it before and i'll say it again, the phrase i despise most in the world is "fix it in post". i get a sudden urge to punch whoever uses it. i work with a guy on occasion who uses it all the time! he was the camera man on a short during the summer that i helped out on, and i'm the editor for it, and i now need to figure out how to remove mic cables from a shot!

i bet they never had any such problem with the episode amanda tapping directed. see? i can do on topic.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Cool! Fic!Sam said "ÜBER".

*snerkle*
                    Oh dear. We're having one of our more mature days, I see, Ooober.
                    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

ok thunkers i droped in to see what you think about a fan thunk thread

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                        Oh dear. We're having one of our more mature days, I see, Ooober.
                        Mature...schmature.

Who needs maturity when immaturity is so much fun? In a tug o' war, we know who'd win out, natch.

At least in my little world.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hehe... I'm off to the supermarket in a little while to organise your survival kit. The sedatives made me sleep all day so I couldn't sort it earlier.

Sorry

cringes as she awaits the wrath of the Ooober

Comment

Quick "Homage to AT's goofy side" - Bump

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Emergency Bottom of Page Bump

Comment

Well, a bit OT, but seeing that we're at the bottom of the page again ( BTW - where is everybody???) for those of you interested, GW just posted the ratings for RE, here.
                                And as I said before, I still think that it should read
                                Spoiler:
                                2.8 for SG-1, 2.6 for Atlantis, and 2.4 for BSG, but that's just me.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Working...
                                X