Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vis FX is the rock that holds sci-fi high mini... we all know that

Meanwhile aren't you ever tempted to put something ridiculous in the scene just for fun?

Originally posted by minigeek
    You know what's hilarious about this. We actually add and remove bottles of water, desk lamps, all kinds of props to and from scenes all the time due to continuity goofs. Continuity goofs, I think, are the number two cause of over expenditure in post-production. The number one cause is a lazy or unprepared director.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
      Last night I took a peek at RE again, and I noticed something else wonky.

Spoiler:
      Did anyone else notice how close Cam leaned into Sam during the scene where he was saying he expected the Asgard to be different (more pants...)... ? It looked so awkward, for a moment there I thought Amanda was going to fall over backwards because she leaned back to get out of the way when he leaned in close to her; if I'd directed that I think I'd have chosen a different take, that one looked really uncomfortable (mostly for Amanda).

mini(who should be working on finishing these models for tomorrow, but has SG-1 brain instead... *sigh*)geek
      Yeah, I noticed that as well. I think the reason it stood out for me is because I'm one of those people who really has personal space issues. I'm much better about it since my daughter was born. One really has to learn that their is no such thing as personal space with a child, but I remember actually putting my hand on peoples shoulders and pushing them away from me, because they were just too close for comfort.
      Spoiler:
      I'm not sure if it was Amanda who felt uncomfortable or if she was just playing it that way for Sam, but it definitely looked as if Sam was shocked to have Mitchell so close to her.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
        All shows and films have people to check they always miss stuff - http://www.imdb.com/Sections/Goofs/
        Yeah one of the goofs I noticed early on was in the episode In The Line Of Duty...when Teal'c leaves the room, he swipes his card and opens the door, but if you look closely you can see that his card is upside-down so the magnetic strip doen't actually pass through the card reader.

Also in 2010, when Sam first goes to visit Jack at his cabin, if you look over Sam's shoulder you can see someone sitting in her car.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Yeah one of the goofs I noticed early on was in the episode In The Line Of Duty...when Teal'c leaves the room, he swipes his card and opens the door, but if you look closely you can see that his card is upside-down so the magnetic strip doen't actually pass through the card reader.

Also in 2010, when Sam first goes to visit Jack at his cabin, if you look over Sam's shoulder you can see someone sitting in her car.
          OK, Im sorry but thats more then a goof... thats creepy. I have issues with mysterious forms in cars when they arent supposed to be there. Always have since I was a small child. I must have been killed in a car accident in a previous life... or murdered by someone waiting in a car in a dark parking lot....................
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
            OK, Im sorry but thats more then a goof... thats creepy. I have issues with mysterious forms in cars when they arent supposed to be there. Always have since I was a small child. I must have been killed in a car accident in a previous life... or murdered by someone waiting in a car in a dark parking lot....................
            I'm glad I made it to wallmart before reading that. I wouldn't have gone otherwise.
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Yeah, I noticed that as well. I think the reason it stood out for me is because I'm one of those people who really has personal space issues. I'm much better about it since my daughter was born. One really has to learn that their is no such thing as personal space with a child, but I remember actually putting my hand on peoples shoulders and pushing them away from me, because they were just too close for comfort.
              Spoiler:
              I'm not sure if it was Amanda who felt uncomfortable or if she was just playing it that way for Sam, but it definitely looked as if Sam was shocked to have Mitchell so close to her.

Kat
              I would go for Sam acting that way, because, from what I've read, Amanda is very tactile.

I know what you mean about personal space, though. I'm funny about who I get close to.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                Mysterious forms in cars....

like, say, oh I don't know, Pete Shanahan?
                His ass being magically transported to the stakeout bothers me every time I watch Chimera. Which, to be honest, isn't all that often. Nonetheless, it bothers me every time.

Oh, yeah, and you know that coffee cup in Affinity? I get all choked up everytime it dies. Someone must've really fallen in love with that scene, but I laugh every time the Trust guy says, "Take the coffee cup."

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                  Mysterious forms in cars....

like, say, oh I don't know, Pete Shanahan?
                  His ass being magically transported to the stakeout bothers me every time I watch Chimera. Which, to be honest, isn't all that often. Nonetheless, it bothers me every time.

Oh, yeah, and you know that coffee cup in Affinity? I get all choked up everytime it dies. Someone must've really fallen in love with that scene, but I laugh every time the Trust guy says, "Take the coffee cup."
                  Oh, I've missed that, can you explain, or must I REALLY watch Affinity? I'd rather not be put through that, if you don't mind.

Comment

Changed my mind on Shades Red, it's now Shades Orange... so that red just became a limited edition, coz it's now gone.. lol.. anyhoo.. this looks better in orange I think

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                      Changed my mind on Shades Red, it's now Shades Orange... so that red just became a limited edition, coz it's now gone.. lol.. anyhoo.. this looks better in orange I think

I like that.

Comment

name something you're excited about for an upcoming sam scene or sam-centric ep.

for me, i'm excited about spoilers for s9's arthur's mantle
                        Spoiler:
                        sam (with mitchell) shifting into another dimension and being invisible.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewicke...adesorange.jpg
                          I was about to say I like the leather Jacket look, Myrth, then realised that most of them are wearing the leather jackets. I like the red top/leather jacket thang. Where's that from?

I've got shades of yellow still as my desktop. Definitely my fave cos it has Geek Sam, Smiley Dress Blues Sam, Off The Grid Sam, I'm Gonna Kick Your Butt Sam and that lovely and slightly confused looking Sam, it's heaven.

The others are lovely, but none of them have got as many Sams I like as shades of Yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            name something you're excited about for an upcoming sam scene or sam-centric ep.

Spoiler:

sally
                            Actually, Sally. I haven't read many spoilers for the rest of the season.

I'm looking forward to seeing
                            Spoiler:
                            Sam looking really hot in that Off The Grid

But I barely know anything for the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              Oh, I've missed that, can you explain, or must I REALLY watch Affinity? I'd rather not be put through that, if you don't mind.
                              When Daniel and evil trust member #4574 (or some such number) are at the park, after Daniel runs off without telling anyone where he's going (cause the all-knowing, all-seeing Trust would've known if he'd squealed), he is "motivated" to accompany them to the warehouse where they're holding Lois Lane, er, Krista.

It's not an inconsistency or anything illogical, but I just find the whole scene far too cliched to be taken seriously. Of course, the same could be said for Affinity as a whole. Oh, and Smoke and Mirrors, too. Don't get me started on that one. Not even Amanda Tapping's considerable acting can couterbalance Joe Mallozzi's big bag of cliches® in that one. Episodes like this are why I'm terrified at comments from him like
                              Spoiler:
                              "I wonder if Ben can ride a motorcycle?"

Nothing good springs to mind with such a, um, colorful imagination at work.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

Spoiler:

sally
                                I was going to say the same. Hmm, let's see, considering some of the spoilers and pics I've seen, I am definitely looking forward to Off the Grid and Friday's episode.
                                Spoiler:
                                I liked what I saw in thre preview for Friday, namely Sam's face while Landry is speaking and the way she ordered SG-1 through the gate. Maybe that's the ep where Amanda said to RCC that Sam should be leading? I am looking forward to Off the Grid, because it looks different. For both eps I am crossing my fingers for lots of Soldier!Sam. Just hope that it won't be like Babylon where the preview showed Soldier!Sam and then she was hardly in the ep at all.

On Edit: Oh, I forgot, since I haven't seen GUP yet, I am definitely looking forward to 2 hours of Sam this Friday. Not sure yet whether I am looking forward to GUP itself, but after all I've read I am actually curious whether I will like it or not.
                                Last edited by Dani76; 25 January 2006, 04:35 PM.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Working...
                                X