No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's never fun to read something negative about yourself. I've had the dubious honor of finding out that i'm being flamed and 'critiqued' behind my back. so i can understand how she feels.

and yes, sam has been on the receiving end of some very nasty comments, that have spilled over onto the actress. such as making comments about her hair, if she's fat or looks pale or any other set of derogatory comments.

however, from what i've read in this one thread, the comments are about sam and her storylines. it's more of a way for folks to express thier opinions about what the writers are doing for and to the character. and many of those comments echo what folks are saying in here
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dreamer
      In interviews I have read about her she has read all the negative posts and it does upset her. It would take someone with no heart to not have it bother you. I have try to get some of the posters to think about what they are writing but to no avail. They tend to just personally attack me for not agreeing with them. no prob. but sad they are really not very good and could wreck the show for themselves aswell as everyone else. oh well as long as they get there's in the end it won't matter.
      I've said it before, but I would hope Amanda would visit threads like this one to see that she is really appreciated not just for her acting but also for the wonderful person she is
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        it's never fun to read something negative about yourself. I've had the dubious honor of finding out that i'm being flamed and 'critiqued' behind my back. so i can understand how she feels.
        I'm sorry to hear that Sky, I'd be glad to critiuque your writing right here. I find your writing superb and your characterizations right on. I do think it is your fault though for getting me hooked on fanfic and eventually starting to write myself.

Just keep up the good work, I'm always looking forward to reading your new stuff.
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

and yes, sam has been on the receiving end of some very nasty comments, that have spilled over onto the actress. such as making comments about her hair, if she's fat or looks pale or any other set of derogatory comments.

however, from what i've read in this one thread, the comments are about sam and her storylines. it's more of a way for folks to express thier opinions about what the writers are doing for and to the character. and many of those comments echo what folks are saying in here
          Any complaints that I have had have always been about the way the writers are taking the character of Sam Carter. I adore Amanda. I've read on other boards at how Amanda is sick of the S/J storyline. I don't know if that's true. Perhaps the GABIT folks know better than I. I'm just frustrated at how TPTB have treated the character and the potential storyline between Sam and Jack. She always has had nice things to say about everyone she's worked with.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
            I'm sorry to hear that Sky, I'd be glad to critiuque your writing right here. I find your writing superb and your characterizations right on. I do think it is your fault though for getting me hooked on fanfic and eventually starting to write myself.

Just keep up the good work, I'm always looking forward to reading your new stuff.
            the stuff wasn't really about my writing - although a fic i wrote did get me some interesting feedback, it had sam facing a very heart wrenching decision after BTS, and controversial decision that it was...this was folks taking personal exception to me as a person and my opinions and words.

you know, whatever. they're entitled to their opinions adn i found it rather humorous.

as to my fic, thank you so much for your sweet words. I'm hoping to have a new one going up soon, i just need to get it proofed and make the web pages

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
              Any complaints that I have had have always been about the way the writers are taking the character of Sam Carter. I adore Amanda. I've read on other boards at how Amanda is sick of the S/J storyline. I don't know if that's true. Perhaps the GABIT folks know better than I. I'm just frustrated at how TPTB have treated the character and the potential storyline between Sam and Jack. She always has had nice things to say about everyone she's worked with.
              my interpretation of AT and the sam/jack bit was, y eah, she enjoyed it. she had fun playing with rick...but she was also very aware that if she was only seen as half of 'sam and jack' that it would limit her and limit the character.

i think she was afraid of some of the issues sam is dealilng with right now, 'we don't know what to do with your character'. that the writers have gotten so used to writing her as part of a ship that they've lost - or it's gotten rusty - thier touch with writing sam as sam

sigpic

Comment

you know, whatever. they're entitled to their opinions adn i found it rather humorous.
                Yep if people get too worked up I just laugh and move on too

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

the stuff wasn't really about my writing - although a fic i wrote did get me some interesting feedback, it had sam facing a very heart wrenching decision after BTS, and controversial decision that it was...this was folks taking personal exception to me as a person and my opinions and words.

as to my fic, thank you so much for your sweet words. I'm hoping to have a new one going up soon, i just need to get it proofed and make the web pages
                  Wow! I can't see that somehow. There's certain people.... Amanda's one of them, you and Mary Beth and Mini are three more... I can't see how anyone COULD take personal exception.

In fact nearly everyone I've spoken to on this thread has been lovely and kind and really tolerant. And, especially you, Sky, with way you deal with other threads that are stepping out of line.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    Wow! I can't see that somehow. There's certain people.... Amanda's one of them, you and Mary Beth and Mini are three more... I can't see how anyone COULD take personal exception.

In fact nearly everyone I've spoken to on this thread has been lovely and kind and really tolerant. And, especially you, Sky, with way you deal with other threads that are stepping out of line.
                    Perhaps its time to gather the Royal Guard and troops and head over to the thread in question and inundate them with the thoughts of Samandans and teach them the meaning of Hic Comitas Regit
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

my interpretation of AT and the sam/jack bit was, y eah, she enjoyed it. she had fun playing with rick...but she was also very aware that if she was only seen as half of 'sam and jack' that it would limit her and limit the character.
                      i wonder what amanda thinks of sam/everyone now?

i think she was afraid of some of the issues sam is dealilng with right now, 'we don't know what to do with your character'. that the writers have gotten so used to writing her as part of a ship that they've lost - or it's gotten rusty - thier touch with writing sam as sam

as much as i think 'they' might think that way, i can't believe how stupid a way of thinking that is.

spoilers for s9

Spoiler:

writer: we don't know what to write for sam!

fan: how about her using her former host abilities?

writer: no, we gave that ability to vala.

fan: how about letting her lead sg1?

writer: no, we gave that to mitchell.

fan: how about a good reunion scene between sam and janet?

writer: no, we gave that to daniel and teal'c.

fan: teal'c?

writer: yeah. problem with that?

fan: ...

fan: okay, how about--

writer: no.

fan: but you didn't let me finish. how about--

writer: no.

fan: then what will you write for sam?!

writer: we'll bring back all her past admirers!

fan: no! and why would you want to do this?

writer: because we don't know what else to write for her.

fan: how about letting her use her tok'ra abilities and leading the team?

writer: no, we gave those attributes to our new characters.

fan: *bangs head on table*

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                        oh yeah,

does anyone get the impression that sam and mitchell have known each other for a very long time based on their dialogue in RE? like maybe even as far back as high school if not the acadamy?
                        Yep.

And I need some serious help, because I can't stop seeing Sam/Cam ship in every little thing they do. That and Sam/Teal'c ship. My mind is so fried by the (lack of) Sam/Jack ship, that it's creating these sick and masochistic scenarios. I'm living in my own torture, people! (Well, except for the Sam/Teal'c business - that's kinda cool in my book)

OK, I need some good canon-like, well-written Sam/Jack ship fic STAT.

Comment

Sam: Finally there's enough of me to go around for all the ship that's written about me

This is for you Spaz
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                            OK, I need some good canon-like, well-written Sam/Jack ship fic STAT.
                            Check out Shades of Grey: The Aftermath it should keep you busy for a while. Its in my fanfic

Or here's a little excerpt of what I'm working on now: Sam didn’t know what to think about what was Jack doing? The movement of his hand sent a shiver down Sam’s spine
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              i wonder what amanda thinks of sam/everyone now?

sally

I honestly don't think she would have a major problem with it, but I have no idea.
                              Spoiler:
                              Barrett was there to give Sam a chance to say "Not exactly" and to work with him again. That's all that happened. Orlin was there for a purpose in the Ori/ancient storyline, and Sam behaved toward Orlin just like you think she would---she cares about him and is embarrassed by his affections for her---still. And Martouf---my view is Sam did have feelings for Martouf (I know many don't see it), and for a moment she lapsed, but again nothing happened. I think Sam genuinely felt happy to see Martouf.

I could see that from AT's point of view, she got to work with a nice kid actor, JR Bourne again, and probably likes the actor who plays Barrett. Sam is not shipping with any of the characters they play, in the sense of having a romance. The witers are bringing her admirers back, but Sam isn't doing much with it.

I agree with what Myrth said awhile ago. These are all closures. I happen to like all these characters. I think the issue again is one of balance. We need more science Sam (although we finally got a heavy dose in RE) and soldier Sam. I'm hoping for more of this in the coming weeks.

Comment

Anyone see Joe's latest blog entry - he is stopping the blogging and the visits to the forums after seven years of visiting - wonder why? HHHmmm I have my guesses but maybe overall they are just trying to reign in spoilers and rhetoric on how bad things are getting, or trying to stop all the bad-mouthing that has been goign on related to actors, characters, and PTB - hard to tell. It will be interesting to see if they reign in everyone especially how they act at cons and what articles and interviews may say in the future (I kind of thought that AT may have been told to avoid discussing the show and S10 after I saw the transcript of the chat she recently did). It may be the suits/PTB at Sony/MGM/NEW OWNERS trying to stem the tide.

Comment

Working...
                                X