• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fix spoiler tags, Mandy
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

want some more goofs?

in rules of engagement, sam's scratch appears and goes and appears (in reality i think it was a real one that healed while they were taping and since they taped out of order, it seemed to come and go)

in prodigy, sam enters the stargate with hailey on her left, but she's on her right when they get to the planet (or vice versa)

in bane, when they're walking through the flagpoles, keep an eye on the reflection on the glass, the elevated train goes by...on the dead planet
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        want some more goofs?

in rules of engagement, sam's scratch appears and goes and appears (in reality i think it was a real one that healed while they were taping and since they taped out of order, it seemed to come and go)

in prodigy, sam enters the stargate with hailey on her left, but she's on her right when they get to the planet (or vice versa)

in bane, when they're walking through the flagpoles, keep an eye on the reflection on the glass, the elevated train goes by...on the dead planet
        I know the prodigy one. I think that's one of the most famous ones in Gatedom. Didn't pick up on the scratch, though.

If we're looking for goofs, though, I suggest...

PDL, Qasim and Sky.

They always seem like goofs to me

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
          Vis FX is the rock that holds sci-fi high mini... we all know that

Meanwhile aren't you ever tempted to put something ridiculous in the scene just for fun?
          Tempted? Er... we do it all the time! lol We'll put our names in space ship hulls, or on the sides of skyscrapers, or onto cars. One time, I remember a colleague of mine did a prank composite for a daily with a woman's body where her lower half was african american and her upper half was caucasian. The only way you could tell was by her hands, because she was wearing long sleeves and long pants, sitting at a table, her hands were folded. She was an extra in the scene and they didn't even notice! Of course he fixed it before it went in the can, but it was just one of those things... we do crazy crap all the time.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
          ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

There's a new thread guys, to show Joe our appreciation. It's called, funnily enough, the Joe Mallozzi Appreciation Thread and can be found by clicking on this link or going to the General Discussion subforum.

Please leave wishes and happy memories there, and show him how much we've appreciated having him with us at Gateworld this past 7 years.

Comment

Hee! Lol.... see I wouldn't be able to resist doin stuff like that either

Put the nike logo on a Jaffa in the background's head for example... I'd be doin stuff like that

Originally posted by minigeek
              Tempted? Er... we do it all the time! lol We'll put our names in space ship hulls, or on the sides of skyscrapers, or onto cars. One time, I remember a colleague of mine did a prank composite for a daily with a woman's body where her lower half was african american and her upper half was caucasian. The only way you could tell was by her hands, because she was wearing long sleeves and long pants, sitting at a table, her hands were folded. She was an extra in the scene and they didn't even notice! Of course he fixed it before it went in the can, but it was just one of those things... we do crazy crap all the time.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                Hahahaha.

My friend does props for one of the BBC sub companies, and it's really funny watching the shows, cos every so often, I'll spot a picture of me or my sister on TV, or there'll be the toy that we used to play with when we were little. It's great fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                  Well...... Joe said misread. I can only hope he misread, otherwise he needs a good set of shin guards, gum shiels and other protective bits.

well, i will admit to being very bitter about things, so that's prob why my snarkiness towards some ptb is so high. i'd like it to be misread... but i just have this feeling that pdl took the opportunity to slap. want to be wrong, though

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane

If we're looking for goofs, though, I suggest...

PDL, Qasim and Sky.

They always seem like goofs to me

who ya calling a goof??????

ooh, here's another one. from atlantis. Childhood's end, the very beginning when the jumper flies over the pond, if you can freeze frame it. the reflection in the water SHOULD be the bottom of the jumper, but it's not. it looks like the sfx guys just mirrored and reduced the jumper cause, in the water, you don't see the bottom, you see the TOP of the jumper

sigpic

Comment

here you go, the promised fic

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ketsangel.html

nice and friendship now. Will it get shippy later? well you'll have to wait and find out. There are a total of 9 chapters, 8 of which are written, so it is a WIP that will be finished

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        here you go, the promised fic

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ketsangel.html

nice and friendship now. Will it get shippy later? well you'll have to wait and find out. There are a total of 9 chapters, 8 of which are written, so it is a WIP that will be finished
                        Oh, yay!! I cannot wait!

Hard as it is, I am going to wait, though. Just till it's done. I've tried and tried but I just can't do the unfinished/in progress fics. I'm so excited though - a new skydiver fic!! Whee!

Hugs,
                        mini

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

each chapter is self contained so it's more of a series than a WIP. I just need to write the epilogue...but i have a few weeks to get that done, so i'm not worried

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                            Changed my mind on Shades Red, it's now Shades Orange... so that red just became a limited edition, coz it's now gone.. lol.. anyhoo.. this looks better in orange I think

Aw, well - drat!

I liked "Red" - I liked "Red" so much it instantly graduated to wallpaper. Then I had to go get the 'normal' sized version with which to tile, because the resolution and size of my screen made Amanda a rather... different... shape via stretch. Thankfully, normal_shadesred tiles very nicely on this screen. ::contemplates tiled "Red" wallpaper with happy smile::

Thank you for the wallpaper, Myrth!

Semir Wahti Merit Ka, Nefret em Desheret!

EDIT: Ohhh, my!!!! I see there's a new "Red" - very cool, Myrth! :: off to acquire **more** "Red" wallpaper :: Semir Wahti Merit Ka, Nefretari em Desheret!
                            Last edited by Simhavaktra; 25 January 2006, 06:55 PM.
                            ...a very cranky blog:http://simhavaktra.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                              I am tempted to make a Kellen Winslow Jr joke here. But I suspect most of you wouldnt get it.

for those (maybe one) of you whose curiosity is peaked... Kellen Winslow Jr is a football player with the Cleveland Browns. Came out of college all arrogant about himself thinking he was the best tight end ever.. got injured in his first year missed like 14 games... This year before training camp he desides to get a motorcycle (he has a no motocycle riding clause in his contract BTW) he proceeds to practice driving this in a parking lot at like 30MPH and he wrecks out, injures himself his leg pretty badly and missed all of this season plus got busted on his contract so he had to give back a bunch of his bonus money... moral of the story dont be an az, read your contracts and actually know how to ride a motocycle before buying one......oh, and Carter is much cooler then Kellen winslow Jr... that should be a moral too.
                              Yes, which is why we will never see Sam on her motorcycle because there is a clause in her contract that prevents her from doing so. At least that's what I've read... but I do believe she did all the horse back riding in Emancipation.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                Yes, which is why we will never see Sam on her motorcycle because there is a clause in her contract that prevents her from doing so. At least that's what I've read... but I do believe she did all the horse back riding in Emancipation.
                                Slightly confused here....

There's a clause in Sam's military contract saying no motorcycle riding (other wise she wouldn't get her hazard bonus etc)

or

There's a clause in Amanda's contract saying no motorcylce riding (because they can't manage without her for half a season with broken bones)

Comment

Working...
                                X