Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by golfbooy
    When Daniel and evil trust member #4574 (or some such number) are at the park, after Daniel runs off without telling anyone where he's going (cause the all-knowing, all-seeing Trust would've known if he'd squealed), he is "motivated" to accompany them to the warehouse where they're holding Lois Lane, er, Krista.

It's not an inconsistency or anything illogical, but I just find the whole scene far too cliched to be taken seriously. Of course, the same could be said for Affinity as a whole. Oh, and Smoke and Mirrors, too. Don't get me started on that one. Not even Amanda Tapping's considerable acting can couterbalance Joe Mallozzi's big bag of cliches® in that one. Episodes like this are why I'm terrified at comments from him like
    Spoiler:
    "I wonder if Ben can ride a motorcycle?"

Nothing good springs to mind with such a, um, colorful imagination at work.
    Just realised why I didn't understand the Affinity reference... I've only ever seen it once. Season 8 isn't on DVD til next month here. Phew. Thought I was being a bad Gate fan again. Or a very good Shipper. Depending on how you see it.

Thanks for explaining, even though it still doesn't ring too many bells.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I have to say I'm getting tired of the snow and cold
      Hey Tracy is it going to be sunny and warm where you're going?
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Don't shoot the coffe cup...oh poor poor poor coffee cup.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
          I have to say I'm getting tired of the snow and cold
          Hey Tracy is it going to be sunny and warm where you're going?
          Errr. I don't think so. Not at this time of year. Let me check the weather report on Yahoo.....

Nope. It's going to be 0 degrees, so slightly colder than here. It's really weird for me, cos last time I was in France, it was 45 degrees!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
            Errr. I don't think so. Not at this time of year. Let me check the weather report on Yahoo.....

Nope. It's going to be 0 degrees, so slightly colder than here. It's really weird for me, cos last time I was in France, it was 45 degrees!!!
            Well I'll just have to wait til Friday for a nice and toasty 3degrees
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Hmm? With all this talk of Ben liking to be so close and then wondering if he can ride a motorcycle. I just hope they don't come up with a scene where Sam's teaching Cam to ride...a motorcycle
              I just wonder where he would be putting his hands
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

well i've only watched affinity once and i taped it. worst episode ever! (and not even from a ship perspective. ok partially from a ship perspective, but mostly that episode just plain sucked)

Comment

Hmm? With all this talk of Ben liking to be so close and then wondering if he can ride a motorcycle. I just hope they don't come up with a scene where Sam's teaching Cam to ride...a motorcycle
                  I am tempted to make a Kellen Winslow Jr joke here. But I suspect most of you wouldnt get it.

for those (maybe one) of you whose curiosity is peaked... Kellen Winslow Jr is a football player with the Cleveland Browns. Came out of college all arrogant about himself thinking he was the best tight end ever.. got injured in his first year missed like 14 games... This year before training camp he desides to get a motorcycle (he has a no motocycle riding clause in his contract BTW) he proceeds to practice driving this in a parking lot at like 30MPH and he wrecks out, injures himself his leg pretty badly and missed all of this season plus got busted on his contract so he had to give back a bunch of his bonus money... moral of the story dont be an az, read your contracts and actually know how to ride a motocycle before buying one......oh, and Carter is much cooler then Kellen winslow Jr... that should be a moral too.
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Guys! It's finally done.

May I present......

The Rip Effect

As the title suggests, it's based heavily on Ripple Effect, so don't read it if you're avoiding spoilers up to and including that episode. It's very shippy, but has an awful lot of ship whumping and angst in there.

All from Sam's PoV except for the epilogue.

Comment

OUCH!!!

I am also one who is guarding her personal space very vigorously, it takes a lot for me to let people in, so to speak. Which is why I totally cringed when I saw that "let's get to know each other better" scene. I thought Sam's reactions were kinda funny, but I clearly noticed the "bending backwards" when Mitchell leaned in. That was waayyy too close for comfort. Wonder who came up with that?

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                        OUCH!!!

I am also one who is guarding her personal space very vigorously, it takes a lot for me to let people in, so to speak. Which is why I totally cringed when I saw that "let's get to know each other better" scene. I thought Sam's reactions were kinda funny, but I clearly noticed the "bending backwards" when Mitchell leaned in. That was waayyy too close for comfort. Wonder who came up with that?
                        PDL. He misread the script and thought it was meant to be Sam/Cam ship.

Comment

Oooh me too!!! And voila... the new Shades of Sam Red... the Sam Whumping one

Actually, Sally. I haven't read many spoilers for the rest of the season.

I'm looking forward to seeing
                          Spoiler:
                          Sam looking really hot in that Off The Grid

But I barely know anything for the rest of the season.
                          sigpic

Comment

PDL. He misread the script and thought it was meant to be Sam/Cam ship.
                            he didn't misread it. he know *exactly* what he was doing.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              he didn't misread it. he know *exactly* what he was doing.

sally
                              Well...... Joe said misread. I can only hope he misread, otherwise he needs a good set of shin guards, gum shiels and other protective bits.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                                OUCH!!!

I did come up with a bit of a solution earlier, here it is again in case you missed it

(Highlight below to read):
                                Spoiler:
                                Me thinks it's time for Amanda to try and fix the situation with Ben by perhaps eating garlic befor their scenes Perhaps he may back off a little.

Hint to craft services
                                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X