Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
    I know that it's common to refer to a Lt. Colonel as "Colonel." It's way too early for him to be promoted to full bird Colonel. He hasn't either the years or the points to be promoted.
    When has that stopped the show from doing what it wants to do?

Sorry to be such a bottle is half empty type of person-but they are not real big on strong female characters (at least not the last couple of years IMO)-how else is Shep supposed to go up against Caldwell? He would be up for insubordination charges in a new york minute as a junior officer-he is not protrayed as the type to try gentle persuasion to win an argument.
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Hm. The most recent paperwork I can find is dated Nov. 15, 2005.
      Attached Files

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
        Am still around reading your posts Have finished S6 and I agree with all the Sam+Jonas comments that I've just read. They did have a wonderful relationship. Loved the scene in Metamorphosis when Jonas has been flirting with the nurse Anyway, am ready for the brave 'new' world of S7+8 which I'll try and start watching over the Christmas break.

Does anyone have the SciFi magazine interview and Amanda's Q+A? I read the missing bits over at the SciFi site
        http://www.scifi.com/stargate/about/...ws/page01.html
        but wanted to find out the rest
        Mine came in the mail yesterday - I'll try and scan it when I get home tonight - some of the online responses are the same ones in the magazine.
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
          Ack, I only just managed to get into a post wimdow on my computer today, and it took aaaaages. So, it looks like this is all you're going to hear from me this day. What is wrong with Gateworld ??? I am reluctant to believe that it's just my internet connection . I mean, it's always been slow loading Gateworld, but not this bad, not getting stuck at the same point of loading on each and every page. It's makinh it impossible. I can't spend half an hour or more every day trying to even get into this thread let along catching up on the posts.
          Being a virtual non-techie myself (poems are so much more fun than binary digits) ... I still have a hunch about this massive constipation of the GW system. Maybe Sky or one of the other mods can weigh in on this ...

Am I right in assuming that the large Google Ads banner at top of the GW webpages was not always there? Is it possible that these "ads" are somehow interfering with a faster response time for the posters?!

Something is drawing power from somewhere ... where's Carter when you need her to troubleshoot?!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
            I know that it's common to refer to a Lt. Colonel as "Colonel." It's way too early for him to be promoted to full bird Colonel. He hasn't either the years or the points to be promoted.
            cam was promoted to lt colonel at the beginning of s2, so there's no way in hades he's a full bird colonel.

although, lt colonels are addressed as colonel, maybe that's where hte confusion stems from
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Being a virtual non-techie myself (poems are so much more fun than binary digits) ... I still have a hunch about this massive constipation of the GW system. Maybe Sky or one of the other mods can weigh in on this ...

Am I right in assuming that the large Google Ads banner at top of the GW webpages was not always there? Is it possible that these "ads" are somehow interfering with a faster response time for the posters?!

Something is drawing power from somewhere ... where's Carter when you need her to troubleshoot?!!
              what i have been told is that the ads load first....just how it is with ads...and if the ad is on a slow server, it bogs the page down

now there is one way to get around this, at least in some ways

now be warned, this does eliminate your ability to navigate flash sites, although you're only turning it off temporarily.

to to tools, manage add ons and wait for it to load.
              then disable the macromedia flash player

that might help.

sigpic

Comment

ChopinGal Loved the poem! I agree with whoever said to send it to TPTB.

Lys the calandar for the day. Had me laughing out loud! Very creative mind.

We have a lot of talented people here! Thanks to everyone for sharing their talents with us!!

Hopefully, they'll get GW corrected soon.

Comment

Hey all!

I found some more info. about "The Foursome" at a casting call website. It doesn't have any info. on who is in the cast, but it does give a description of the main characters. I suppose that Amanda will be playing Rick's girlfriend, Susanne. It sounds like an interesting role.

THE FOURSOME
                  Feature Film
                  CANADIAN FEATURE
                  SALARY NEGOTIABLE
                  Production Co.: Rampage Entertainment Inc.
                  Dist: Equinoxe
                  Screen Media/Universal
                  Executive Producers: Robert Baruc
                  Producers: Gavin Wilding and Carrie Wheeler
                  Writer: Jackson Davies
                  Director: William Dear
                  Casting Director: Adrienne Stern
                  Shoots: November 6-November 26, 2005
                  TEL: 212-229-2811

SYNOPSIS: Four male friends from college, along with their significant others, meet up at their twenty year college reunion. Over an intense two days, mostly taking place on the golf course, these buddies uncover truths about each other, themselves and their relationships that they are not very proud of. Though tension rises, lies are told and fights are fought, each of these men come together in the end realizing what united them twenty years ago.
                  Note: All characters attended college together and are in their early 40's.

Seeking:
                  [RICK] Early 40's. An entrepreneur (hustler) now lives in LA and his date for the reunion is his ex-girlfriend from college, Susanne. Rick never married and very much enjoys the high roller LA life. He is by far the best golfer and suggests they bet on each hole. Though easy to dismiss Rick as slimy, his character is redeemed throughout the film by his relationship with his girlfriend and his loyalty to his long-time friends. LEAD. Caucasian. NAMES ONLY

[DONNIE] Early 40's. A salesman. He and his wife Peggy have five children together. He is a terrible golfer, but luckily is partnered with the best golfer, Rick. Donnie witnesses what he thinks to be some illicit hanky panky between two of the group members and takes that anger onto the golf course the second day. LEAD. Caucasian. NAMES ONLY

[TED] Early 40's. Now quite wealthy, Ted arrives with his second wife in tow, the MUCH younger and attractive, Karen. Though from the outside Ted may seem to have a glamorous life, it is revealed that he is unable to have children and that hurts him. Ted plays golf with Cameron, and they are constantly losing the game. LEAD. Caucasian. NAMES ONLY

[CAMERON] Early 40's. Cameron sells commercial slots at a local television station and is married to Lori. He is paired onto the losing golf team and shortly before being faced with losing money he confesses that he has recently lost his job and is flat broke - or is that just an excuse to get out of forking anything over to the well off Rick and his partner Donnie. LEAD. Caucasian. NAMES ONLY

Comment

so amanda is playing rick's girlfriend????/

is this just funnily ironic or is it just me????

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      so amanda is playing rick's girlfriend????/

is this just funnily ironic or is it just me????
                      You are not alone. I thought it was a very strange coincidence. And note that one of Rick's best friends is named Cameron. Interesting, isn't it?

Comment

This is for sg-1fanintn ..... sorry I can't PM ya hun, my PMs have no buttons!

Anyway, here's the link to the sketch if ya missed it. I did repost it, but it ended up later on in the thread. Sorry 'bout that.

http://img491.imageshack.us/img491/3...tchmres5wy.jpg

The sam/jack one is here:
                        http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/9...etch05b6qw.jpg

EDIT-> What the heck, I'll post ya'll the size up from the ones I did before.
                        (Please do not repost or use these sketches anywhere else)

ta,
                        mini
                        Last edited by minigeek; 06 December 2005, 03:46 PM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Part-timing in Atlantis, apparantly.
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                            When has that stopped the show from doing what it wants to do?

Sorry to be such a bottle is half empty type of person-but they are not real big on strong female characters (at least not the last couple of years IMO)-how else is Shep supposed to go up against Caldwell? He would be up for insubordination charges in a new york minute as a junior officer-he is not protrayed as the type to try gentle persuasion to win an argument.
                            Ah but Shep goes up against Caldwell through Weir - who does have the clout to stand up to his face

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              Part-timing in Atlantis, apparantly.
                              LOL! On point, Tracy Jane!

Just sayin', this is the Sam's a Great Character Thread; they'll figure something out!
                              MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                              sigpic
                              Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

CG, I think you’re right. While we countdown ‘til January 6, she’s on her way to troubleshoot at someplace with the code name of PSX-GW.

As the countdown continues we’ll have a mini-trip down memory lane.

Comment

Working...
                                X