Originally posted by SamFan31
    Deadman Switch?
    Woo! WTG Samfan31!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Woo! WTG Samfan31!!!
      Don't encourage her!!

Comment

Kind of OT, but have you seen the feature on GW's main page about RDA appearing at E3 promoting the new Stargate video game? E3 is an annual event for industry types which showcases all the new stuff coming out this year. The pictures are interesting, to say the least. Nice shots of RDA talking to the crowd with a stargate behind him, then this:

"Booth Babes" Look at the next few pictures too, and check out the costumes on the Jaffa booth babes.

I know it's a matter of sex sells, especially to the core group of video gamers, but for me, it's a throwback to the bad old days of women in science fiction.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Don't encourage her!!
          But I need all the encouragement I can get when I can't remember what happened 5 posts ago.

Comment

Here's a dumb Season 9 Sam question. According to JM, Sam comes back in Beach Head...but GW has her slated to return in EX DEUS MACHINA, two episodes earlier: The quote is "Lt. Colonel Carter has returned to Stargate Command."

Or is it that she has "returned" to the SGC but we just don't see her until Beach Head?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Okay, switching gears a bit ... has anyone read the latest news on the GW main board? Photos of RDA at the videogame thingie, whatever, in LA! Amazing that RDA actually consented to do an expo - for eight seasons he's mostly stayed away from cons, right?

So scroll down past the cute photos of a very mature RDA ... and there it is, folks! Stargate Barbies! Oh boy ... "wearing the costumes that are going to be seen in S9's Alliance" ... yep ... we can really see that the writers are going to bring Sam back into a different realm ... half-naked women running around ... looks like we know which demographic is getting the attention!

Which episode, pray tell, is this Alliance? And just who is making an alliance? From what I see, is it SGC and Maidenform Bras?

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                Kind of OT, but have you seen the feature on GW's main page about RDA appearing at E3 promoting the new Stargate video game? E3 is an annual event for industry types which showcases all the new stuff coming out this year. The pictures are interesting, to say the least. Nice shots of RDA talking to the crowd with a stargate behind him, then this:

"Booth Babes" Look at the next few pictures too, and check out the costumes on the Jaffa booth babes.

I know it's a matter of sex sells, especially to the core group of video gamers, but for me, it's a throwback to the bad old days of women in science fiction.
                NC
                LOL, NC ... I was writing the same thing a few posts down ... it's not lookin' good for the home team ... will there even be a "home team" anymore?!

It is definitely a regression, not a progression ... these babes look like they should be on Andromeda, not Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Here's a dumb Season 9 Sam question. According to JM, Sam comes back in Beach Head...but GW has her slated to return in EX DEUS MACHINA, two episodes earlier: The quote is "Lt. Colonel Carter has returned to Stargate Command."

Or is it that she has "returned" to the SGC but we just don't see her until Beach Head?
                  Yeah its a bit confusing what they've said about her return. Maybe its because GateWorld has some episodes listed in production order, but the air order might be different?

Comment

NC
                    More like Booth Bimbos. Every video game I play has big boobed women. I guess I am expecting too much to think this game would be different.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

NC
                      Okay, switching gears a bit ... has anyone read the latest news on the GW main board? Photos of RDA at the videogame thingie, whatever, in LA! Amazing that RDA actually consented to do an expo - for eight seasons he's mostly stayed away from cons, right?

So scroll down past the cute photos of a very mature RDA ... and there it is, folks! Stargate Barbies! Oh boy ... "wearing the costumes that are going to be seen in S9's Alliance" ... yep ... we can really see that the writers are going to bring Sam back into a different realm ... half-naked women running around ... looks like we know which demographic is getting the attention!

Which episode, pray tell, is this Alliance? And just who is making an alliance? From what I see, is it SGC and Maidenform Bras?
                      I think you'll find that alot of Game Production companies use the 'booth babes' to advertise their games at E3. It wont just be Jowood thats doing it It seems to be the thing to do when advertising video games - dress up a skimby bimbo and put her on the posters. Nevermind the fact that more and more woman are getting into gaming

Oh and Chopin? I don't think those 'Stargate Barbies' have anything to do with Season9 of SG-1. The name of the actual game is 'Stargate SG-1: The Alliance' so that might be were you're getting mixed up
                      Personally, I'm looking forward to this in the game!

Comment

LOL, NC ... I was writing the same thing a few posts down ... it's not lookin' good for the home team ... will there even be a "home team" anymore?!
                        I'll just echo AD's remarks. Since it's just the video game that they're promoting, I don't think those costumes will necessarily be in the show, or even in the game for that matter. You know how it is at those conventions, they're just trying to attract attention to the product, and what better way to do that than having scantily clad females around. Although the costume with the Barbie's cleavage almost spilling out does look suspiciously like Vala's outfit.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          I think you'll find that alot of Game Production companies use the 'booth babes' to advertise their games at E3. It wont just be Jowood thats doing it It seems to be the thing to do when advertising video games - dress up a skimby bimbo and put her on the posters. Nevermind the fact that more and more woman are getting into gaming

Oh and Chopin? I don't think those 'Stargate Barbies' have anything to do with Season9 of SG-1. The name of the actual game is 'Stargate SG-1: The Alliance' so that might be were you're getting mixed up

Yeah, we finally get to BE Carter!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

It's funny...Stargate SG-1: The Alliance" is already listed in AT's credits on IMDB.com...

Does anyone know is it a FPS or is it team oriented or a little of both?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              It's funny...Stargate SG-1: The Alliance" is already listed in AT's credits on IMDB.com...

Does anyone know is it a FPS or is it team oriented or a little of both?
                              AFAIK its an FPS (apparently you can go third person too) with a strong emphasis on team action. I saw a leaked gameplay video, and it looks pretty good. Sounds even better, listening to Carter yell out 'Cloak on!' - I thought I was listening to an SG-1 episode!

Comment

Ok this one is going to be too easy to guess the episode...but captions are always fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X