Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minigeek
    OK. I do not even wanna know what AD is gonna do with his Sam Carter doll...............

LOL!!

hehe

A Carter Action Figure (not doll ) would so kick arse. I could break out all my old GI Joes and have Carter whoop their arses. And then I could buy a 2nd Carter Action Figure so they can keep each other company...

/me can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey
      My rant on Grace under Pressure:
      Spoiler:
      You know I'm not hugely worried about Grace under Pressure as long as they stay true to both characters. If, as you say, it's a woman as an object thing, I'm going to get snarky and throw things at the telly. However, hopefully it's going to be a snarky Sam beating McKay around, forcing him to think and save the day. I also hope we see funny snarky McKay, not wishy washy I'm such a poor little boy McKay. But that might be for another thread....
      Yes, ct ... I like your version for sure! And we don't want "whiny" and too much sexual innuendo - I'm willing to accept the fact that the writers will throw a couple wisecracks in but I hope they stay with what you've suggested. We'll know in January! Maybe I'll ask AT a question about that episode at GABIT ....

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        hehe

A Carter Action Figure (not doll ) would so kick arse. I could break out all my old GI Joes and have Carter whoop their arses. And then I could buy a 2nd Carter Action Figure so they can keep each other company...

/me can't wait

Aren't you gonna buy a Dr. Janet Fraiser doll to keep Carter company?!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Aren't you gonna buy a Dr. Janet Fraiser doll to keep Carter company?!
          Ooo, Dr Janet Fraiser, M.D. gets two Carters to keep company

Comment

Yes, ct ... I like your version for sure! And we don't want "whiny" and too much sexual innuendo - I'm willing to accept the fact that the writers will throw a couple wisecracks in but I hope they stay with what you've suggested. We'll know in January! Maybe I'll ask AT a question about that episode at GABIT ....
            Did you see the TV Guide photos? Didn't look too in character to me. Atlantis S2
            Spoiler:
            You know the writers can't resist having Sam kiss another not!Jack character.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

... it's going to be a *long* time before i can see this new team (makeup) and feel it's really sg1. and heck, maybe i never will. but i *want* to, so that's a step in the right direction.

will anyone *really* see this new team as sg1? from what i've seen, i can't get around jack/rda being missing. or maybe because mitchell is such a poor replacement, which *shouldn't* have anything to do with it (i like mitchell/ben).

sally
              I think it would have helped if the writers and producers just folded their cards at end of S8 and came back with the SGC but "retired" the SG1 for good at Jack's and Sam's reassignments and Daniel and Teal'c going off to do their things ... Landry should have not been written as trying to re-invent SG1.

Remember when the tour guide was taking the group through the SGC in 2010? She pointed out pictures of the different teams and the original SG1 was "the flagship team". No substitutes.

BTW, shouldn't the writers have to bring Cassie back eventually because she was in 1969 and showed that she was somehow directly involved with the Stargate program as she grew older?! But according to the information below, Cassie would not have been happy with the SGC when her mom died. So how did she ever return to the fold and become a part of the establishment she hated?

Here's what Teryl Rothery has to say in The Illustrated Companion, S7-8, about Cassie being missing at Janet's memorial service at the SGC:

"Oh there's a very good reason for that ... not only is Cassie now away at college, but her non-appearance at the SGC was kind of a protest. She was totally angry at the way her mom's role in saving the world had to be kept a secret, and that the real way in which she died had to be suppressed. She decided not to grace the proceedings with her presence but rest assured, she was grieving as much as anybody else."

Interesting backstory from TR, herself. Now, if Cassie was so angry and bitter maybe somehow that's why Sam had to step in and help her to heal.

Comment

The Royal Court of Samanda

"it is our honor to serve"

Madam President, Major Sam

Madam Vice-President/Couples Counselor, Major Sal

Keeper of the Flame, Astrogeologist

Accountant/Bean Counter and Editor of Oh Yea What Say Times , Coley

Court Jester and Bard, Chopin Gal

Census Taker, Skydiver

Royal Sage/Wise Elder, Nearly Circular

Head of Security, Agent Dark

Royal Pages, deepspace and Charlie

Royal Videographer and Pain in the Mikta, UberSG-1 Fan

Royal Terminator and Alternate Pain in the Mikta, minigeek

Royal Graphics Designer and Nanny, Forever Sg1

Assistant Graphics Designer, SamFan 31

First Assistant Head of Security, Carterslave

Second Assistant Head of Security/Bike Patrol, 1speed4Sam

Personal Bodyguard, Royal Guard/Security, Strix varia

Royal Guard/Security Staff, sunKrux

Personal Shopper, ChevronSeven

Royal Technician, Myrth

Royal Administrative Assistant, Qasim

Royal Chauffeur/Stunt Person, tsaxlady

Royal Researcher and Reporter, sg-1 fanintn

Senior Scribe, Tok'ra Hostess

Royal Housekeeper, Head of Domestic Services, tara3583

Royal Baker/Chef, Atteria

Royal Gardener, gatebee

Royal Pet Groomer/Dog Walker, jerin

Royal Media Analyst/Documentarian, the dancer of spaz

Royal Minister Without Portfolio, jckfan55

Royal Pharmacist/Apothecary, Lys

Royal Physician/Therapist, Lida

Royal Chief Counsel, Dani76

Lurkers Extraordinaires, all remaining citizens of Samanda
                Wow.
                - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
                Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  Ooo, Dr Janet Fraiser, M.D. gets two Carters to keep company
                  Okay, okay ... zap! Crying uncle!

I'm so not going there ...

Comment

Originally posted by Miz_Gatez
                    Wow.
                    There's always room for more! Any special talent or skill you'd like to offer the Court?

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                      -Picking up on Replicarter: She left a little chip in Sam's head during her "sharing" and it activates causing Sam to hallucinate, do crazy stuff. Sam holds onto her sanity with the memory of Janet Frasier, who helps her until Sam is rescued or finds a solution. Would so love to see the two in their own episode! Rather than be too much like Daniel was to Jack in Abyss, some flashbacks of scenes of her and Janet (not necessarily aired before), to flesh out their military/off duty friendship.
                      I really, really like this idea TE1!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by parsifal
                        Did you see the TV Guide photos? Didn't look too in character to me. Atlantis S2
                        Spoiler:
                        You know the writers can't resist having Sam kiss another not!Jack character.
                        Yep, if you say so ... then they still take perverse pleasure in pulling everybody's strings.

Spoiler:
                        A kiss is just a kiss and a sigh is just a sigh ... where did I hear that before?! Anyhow, there's still another 41 minutes to find some snarky teasing. I gotta believe!

Comment

You *are* evil woman, evil!
                          well, yeah...

*mwhahahaha.... with an extra mwhaha thrown in*

Is that what happens when you get the O'Neillium downloaded into your brain?!

*sighs shippily*

*and again*

*and one more time, for dramatic effect*

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                            I really, really like this idea TE1!
                            Hey Strix ... you know how much Coley wants some team episodes in S10 ... why don't you share right now with everyone here your first chapter of your new fic? A great alternative to the long wait for more on TV.

Samandans, Strix is taking us for another terrific ride! I just read it but will let you supply the link!

Comment

this is what i'm hoping for for atlantis' s2 'grace under pressure' episode (which i'm not sure i'm going to watch until shippers say it's safe)

Spoiler:
                              i've got the pic of sam and mckay from the tv guide piece right in front of me. it shows sam and mckay in a close embrace that 'could' end with a kiss. so this is how i want this scene to go (using my knowledge of mckay from the sg1 eps *don't want atlantis*)

the ship they're on is cracking under the pressure of the water. during a jolt, hallucination sam is thrust into mckay's arms. they stare at one another, with their faces coming close to kissing.... then the ship is rocked again and they're thrown apart. mckay looks disappointed, and begins to reach for hallu sam again. hallu sam moves towards the aft of the ship while mckay yells out 'where are you going?'

hallu sam replies, 'to fix the ship.'

mckay - 'wait!'

hallu sam - 'what is it?'

mckay - 'uh... i thought we were going to kiss.'

hallu sam - 'well, you thought wrong.'

mckay - 'aahh! this is *my* hallucination, and i *still* can't get the girl?!'

hallu sam - 'it's not my fault your imagination screws you over.'

~~~

so, i do NOT want this ep to show any kind of ship between them (whether it's with a hallucination sam or not).

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Hey Strix ... you know how much Coley wants some team episodes in S10 ... why don't you share right now with everyone here your first chapter of your new fic? A great alternative to the long wait for more on TV.

Samandans, Strix is taking us for another terrific ride! I just read it but will let you supply the link!
                                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2615836/1/

My LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X