Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    So be it, jerin has been appointed as Royal Pet Groomer/Dog Walker. This will certainly offer the Queen more time with the little Princess.
    Originally posted by Dani76
    I second it! (Royal Chief Counsel)
    Thank you! Thank you! It is indeed an honor to serve. I shall make sure that the dogs always smell good & have the latest hair cuts. They must complement our Queen's beauty! I'm training them to be the friendliest in all the fair lands, to keep in tune with our motto. "Hic Comitas Regit" even among the cute little creatures. I'm happy to report that the dogs & cats get along very well. The newest of the bunch, the little kitten Anya, likes our Queen's dog, Abbie, quite a lot and will sleep atop her. Abbie, being of our Queen's spirit, lies down and doesn't move around until Anya wakes up. They are very sweet together.

Goa'uld queen in possession of Daniel, Jonas and Martouf clones
    Lovely signature courtesy of Admiral Q O and Skydiver.

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
      Thank you! Thank you! It is indeed an honor to serve. I shall make sure that the dogs always smell good & have the latest hair cuts. They must complement our Queen's beauty! I'm training them to be the friendliest in all the fair lands, to keep in tune with our motto. "Hic Comitas Regit" even among the cute little creatures. I'm happy to report that the dogs & cats get along very well. The newest of the bunch, the little kitten Anya, likes our Queen's dog, Abbie, quite a lot and will sleep atop her. Abbie, being of our Queen's spirit, lies down and doesn't move around until Anya wakes up. They are very sweet together.

Good morning Jerin! Anya huh? Interesting name.

Hello everyone I am new to this thread but I am big fan of Sam. It is nice to see a kick bu$$ female that is smart and beautiful on tv. It is refreshing! She is a great character and I am so...o glad she is finally back in Season 9. It was not the same without her. Since she has returned I have hope that the rest of this season with be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Can you tell I'm distressed over that "unrequited" comment??? I think Amanda's sick of Sam being perceived as weak because so much of her personal life was shown. Well, here are my thoughts about Sam and Season 10 and how an honest to goodness ship reference or two can only STRENGTHEN Sam.

IMHO, showing real acknowledgement of ship next season can do nothing but help Sam's character because it would validate what she went through at the end of last season...i.e., she didn't go through all that for nothing.

It would also show that ship is not all in Sam's mind...thus ending the "was she stalking Jack in Threads" debate.

It would show her life as having more dimension and balance because she's fulfilled professionally and personally.

So they don't have to scream it from the rooftops or have an episode focused on it FCOL...but a few references sprinkled about the season so that while Sam's clearly focused and kicking butt, she also has something to look forward to at home. A few phone calls, lunch invites, drop by visits from Jack where he's affectionate to Sam on screen...or heck...even a combination of these things and a ring that just shows up on her finger at the end of next season.

Additionally it'll end the debate that no longer needs to exist. Jack isn't around and therefore her work isn't in anyway hampered by her personal life.

See? This would only make Sam look better in the long run because it shows...once again...that Sam wasn't delusional and validates the struggle she went through in Threads et al.
        You know, I'm not a shipper, but you've really got an excellent point with this.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          what i would love to see is

well, vala dropping her sex act. then vala and sam working together on something. (there could also be a bit of dichotomy since vala is so sexual and sam is, well not quite a prude but she's definitely not as overt as vala is)

both of them are ex-hosts and i would imagine that there'll be some, maybe insecurity between them. sam will be more confident in a military surrounding, but vala was a host for who knows how long and has a better command on goauld stuff than sam does.

vala would also feed into sam's adventure streak and would probably be surprised at the risks sam would take. vala also has a lot of knowledge, but sam does too....just probably about different things

if the two characters are allowed to interact with each other i think we could end up with something like we got in fallen/homecoming with jonas and daniel. two 'competitors' that actually have a lot of chemistry with each other
          I agree completely, Sky. The fact that the two actors, AT and CB, are both capable of some terrific acting if the right material is provided ... the Sam and Vala scenes could hold so much potential. Plus, they seem to like each other off-screen and that could add to the realism of their portrayals onscreen. We're looking at dramatic moments (with a "cut the sex toy crap"} ... but, think about it, both these actors can do comedy quite well too. So I'd entertain that thought too ... but would choose straight drama first. And, yes, they are both gorgeous women - so to bring up the subject of sex and men and teasing each other ... with the right writers, that could be handled well too. Of course what do I know? I'm already outside the skiffy demographic! Royal hens don't have power in certain "important" circles.

We've been speaking about the other females appearing in S9, and kal'el has impressed us. She has potential. Right now, I don't see Ms. Doig stepping up to the plate to deliver. Let's see how much more nuance she can bring out in second half of season ... in a way, her acting ability reminds me of DDL as Pete: he "ran the gamut of emotion from A to B". Next to Amanda, sadly, no contest IMO. Amanda and Claudia are playing in a different league. Much more depth and finesse to their performances.

And I really enjoyed those final moments between Jonas and Daniel, wishing that TPTB would have kept Jonas around as a fifth wheel for future seasons.

Lots of lost possibilities, huh? Bet we don't get any Sam/Vala respectable moments though ... not as long as the bustiers are hanging in the wardrobe closet! Ya think they would have learned from the brouhaha over Anise.
          Last edited by ChopinGal; 13 October 2005, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anyagate1
            Good morning Jerin! Anya huh? Interesting name.

Hello everyone I am new to this thread but I am big fan of Sam. It is nice to see a kick bu$$ female that is smart and beautiful on tv. It is refreshing! She is a great character and I am so...o glad she is finally back in Season 9. It was not the same without her. Since she has returned I have hope that the rest of this season with be a good one.
            Welcome, Anyagate, the person, not the Samandan kitten! Stay around and enjoy the climate here ... we are very Sam-and-people friendly!

Jester

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
              I completely understand your take on this one. IMO, however, those particular small minority of fans who THINK Sam is delusional will continue to think she is delusional, no matter how TPTB writes it. If Sam and Jack undeniably get together in season 10, Sam will be even more crucified by this same set of fans. It just doesn't matter how Sam is written and it will never matter to them. Oh, they may change their adjectives and nouns about her, say from piney, pathetic, stalker to disgraceful, pathetic, unprofessional twit, but it will still be all negative. Even if Jack is crystal clear that he loves her and wants to be with her, she'll still be despised. Politics. Politics.

to me in Threads it was very clear that Jack has a love for Sam (Kerry's words to Jack are very clear). When and how they will act on it -- who knows at this point. I would have thought after this episode that those fans who think Sam is delusional would have changed their tune---of course they didn't. Kerry is referring to Daniel, don't you know!
              Whoa, chocdoc, have some chocolate, kick back your feet, hang out here, and avoid dark places for a little while until your blood pressure settles a bit. (((chocdoc)))

My LJ

Comment

Welcome, Anyagate, the person, not the Samandan kitten! Stay around and enjoy the climate here ... we are very Sam-and-people friendly!

Jester
                Thank-you for the welcome! Good...I like people friendly threads...and Sam too of course.

Comment

Originally posted by jerin
                  Sigh, what a beautiful picture you paint oh Royal Pet Groomer ... "the lamb lying down with the lion". I can see you will take your duties quite seriously and no dogs nipping at the citizens' heels.

Oops, and then there's Hugo, the Royal Accountant's frisky hound. Perchance you could offer doggy obedience training classes to the local residents?

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                    Whoa, chocdoc, have some chocolate, kick back your feet, hang out here, and avoid dark places for a little while until your blood pressure settles a bit. (((chocdoc)))
                    I second that - especially since our Royal Physician is away on leave! My prescription is to read The Samandan Bedtime Story each night before going to bed.

Comment

Oh yea what a day, a Royal Bean for all of you!

200th Post Milestone, Traveler Enroute1 and minigeek

Almost-There 200th Post, SunKrux

Jester

Comment

Originally posted by crazedturkey
                        I love AT when she does that drugged out look! So many episodes, but the one I remember particularly is Divide and Conquer. She's just so good at it!
                        LOL Hmm ... an interesting observation. Do you think that's why JR Bourne asked AT to play his druggy girlfriend in Stuck?!

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra
                          The first thing that pops into my mind is

!!!GACK!!!

and wouldn't you know it, GateWorld doesn't offer the ineffable shade of puce that would truly do the sentiment justice.

"Hot little tightly cut dress"? Maybe someone ought to let PDL spend a day working in a leather/boned-and-reinforced-tapestry top as tight as Vala's black leather bustier, or her "Origin" Renn-Faire-esque garb so he can enjoy the experience of being trussed up too tight to breathe deeply, not that it matters, because one's too nervous about making an unplanned exit from the costume to take that deep breath that might provoke the costume to pop, and way too overheated from having too much leather and/or heavy fabric too tightly fitted around one's torso to worry about trivialities, and then it won't no longer matter what he's saying either - everyone will be too busy lookin' at his... personal pulchritude... to notice his actual work, either. My - if it doesn't matter what the actress says while in costume, why bother even hiring one? Just flash the way cool and hotly sexy dress on the screen, or and put it on display on a seamstress' dummy in Daniel's office, why not? Talk about disrespecting a performer!

And then "it's not just the Ben Browder show now"??? Pardonez moi? From what I can tell, PDL was in a group of one if he ever thought it was/seemed to be/ought to be/looked like "The Ben Browder Show." Unless, of course, he was referring to the pre-season publicity onslaught in that quote, whereupon, I might just have to give him that one.

Why should the commander of SG-1 apparently be regarded as 'Miss Fix It' by TPTB - as if there could be no other reason that she might logically go to Atlantis, or nothing else she could do once there. Sam seems to find the entire universe to be a decidedly interesting place, full of phenomena that merit closer study, and an often riveting and fascinating place that demands in-depth investigation. I'll bet that if she were in Atlantis, the rest of the city would darned well be explored by now. And I suspect interesting, Dakara style weaponry would have been developed, too. (Of course, Rodney might have found himself gagged and locked in an out of the way room in the city, one that all the sensors had been mysteriously programmed to ignore, too, by now, but, hey - exploration - and harassing senior military officers - has its dangers. )

I'm experiencing this urge to mail PDL my "Research" Demotivator and my current sig. Grrr.

::goes snarking toward bed::
                          Great post! You go, girl!!

My daughter (actor) has some horrific tales of being forced into "period costumes" too and I can empathize! Also, AT gave a very early interview in which she talked about just that same embarrassing moment happening onstage to her! I think PDL waxes poetic on codpieces too if memory serves me right from some of the back-season commentaries.

I hope you remembered to re-read The Samanda Bedtime Story before going to bed angry!
                          Last edited by ChopinGal; 13 October 2005, 06:03 PM.

Comment

I agree completely, Sky. The fact that the two actors, AT and CB, are both capable of some terrific acting if the right material is provided ... the Sam and Vala scenes could hold so much potential. Plus, they seem to like each other off-screen and that could add to the realism of their portrayals onscreen. We're looking at dramatic moments (with a "cut the sex toy crap"} ... but, think about it, both these actors can do comedy quite well too. So I'd entertain that thought too ... but would choose straight drama first. And, yes, they are both gorgeous women - so to bring up the subject of sex and men and teasing each other ... with the right writers, that could be handled well too. Of course what do I know? I'm already outside the skiffy demographic! Royal hens don't have power in certain "important" circles.

We've been speaking about the other females appearing in S9, and kal'el has impressed us. She has potential. Right now, I don't see Ms. Doig stepping up to the plate to deliver. Let's see how much more nuance she can bring out in second half of season ... in a way, her acting ability reminds me of DDL as Pete: he "ran the gamut of emotion from A to B". Next to Amanda, sadly, no contest IMO. Amanda and Claudia are playing in a different league. Much more depth and finesse to their performances.

And I really enjoyed those final moments between Jonas and Daniel, wishing that TPTB would have kept Jonas around as a fifth wheel for future seasons.

Lots of lost possibilities, huh? Bet we don't get any Sam/Vala respectable moments though ... not as long as the bustiers are hanging in the wardrobe closet! Ya think they would have learned from the brouhaha over Anise.
                            I completely agree with you and Sky. I think that Sam/Vala would be an interesting dynamic. I would like to Sam also interact with Dr.Lam. We very rarely see her interact with other women. It would be nice to see her develop a friendship with someone like she had with Janet.

I also agree about the dynamic between Daniel and Jonas. They had great chemistry...I mean that in a non slashy way. As you can tell by my sig, I would have loved for Jonas to have stuck around.

Here is a nice pic of our girl...
                            Last edited by Anyagate1; 13 October 2005, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              thank you!

since you'd ask me to update my opening/welcoming post to samanda to add this index... i lost the link. i was going to ask you for it again, but i forgot. and since i deleted your pm to ask me to update the welcoming post, it made it easier to forget. i was going to make a note to remember to ask you, but i forgot. and then i forgot who asked me. and then i just forgot that i forgot.

so thank you for reminding me!

(better go add the index link now before i... uh, forget

sally
                              Thats a lot of forgetting
                              Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                              hehe

A Carter Action Figure (not doll ) would so kick arse. I could break out all my old GI Joes and have Carter whoop their arses. And then I could buy a 2nd Carter Action Figure so they can keep each other company...

/me can't wait

I wonder if the clones will feel threatened
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                Hehe you got that right (Carter + Leather = death), but I also prefer some substance to the hot babes as well...

There was the beginning of substance for Vala in TPTB and hopefully they'll continue that substance in
                                Spoiler:
                                Crusade, which is when she makes another appearance

And a little snippet from JM's blog about Camelot (final episode of season 9)
                                Spoiler:

Just finished watching the director's cut of Camelot. Well, not exactly. I just got off the phone with Martin Wood, congratulating him on the terrific job he did on Camelot - which I just finished watching. Its huge in scope and really feels like a two-parter. There's so much going on including that swordfight I mentioned in a previous blog. HOLY CRAP does Ben take some punishment in this one. He lays it all out and, well, kicks ass. He's been an incredible addition to the show. Michael is also great in this one - determined, occasionally flustered, occasionally cool, and funny. Amanda gets to play both the scientist and the adventurer, while Chris gets to do some throwing down himself. Overall, a terrific season (let's hope not a series) ender

Thanks, AD. Although, regarding Camelot ...
                                Spoiler:
                                I'd much rather see Carter slinging the sword like that Mermaid in Warsaw! JM's "Amanda as scientist and adventurer" may translate into AT looking in a test-tube and getting excited over something in her lab ... Let's put the sword in her hand, for godsake!

Comment

Working...
                                X