Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chocdoc
    For those of you who might not have seen this yet, there are pics of Amanda (and JR Bourne and Cliff Simon) at the Brunch today, as well as pics from Friday and Saturday events so far.

It is under Stargate Fandom and then Photos of Vancouver. Battmeals has graciously posted alot of really good pics. AT looks great as usual, and others do too!
    Originally posted by Lizlove
    Hey!
    I saw a pic from Amanda at the convention *sunday* with a baby in her arms. Was it Olivia or just another kid? Because the pic was just so sweet
    BTW => She looked good, liked her hair.
    chocdoc, Liz,.....can you give us a link to the pics?????? On what site do they reside?

Comment

I'm going to have to take a look at those pics. I can never get enough of Amanda Tapping.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
        chocdoc, Liz,.....can you give us a link to the pics?????? On what site do they reside?

Sorry that I didn't make it clear. Right here at GW, just go to the section on Stargate Fandom, and then the thread--Photos in Vancouver--first one at the top. Go in and look for Battmeals. He or she has a link to all his or her pictures so far, and these include the Sunday brunch.

Comment

http://www.genrefans.com/ConventionP...r06/index.html

Comment

oh, good. thanks, parsifal!

Comment

Well.....it upset longtime fans.....but delighted the fans they gained from Farscape, I'm sure. Having been a longtime fan of both shows, it has just left me feeling that, "This is so wrong on so many levels!" And it remains my contention that the mishandling of this crucial part of the S9 set up is what has prevented them from showing ratings gains this year. They got the Farscape people, but lost a lot of longtime fans...so in the end, they lost ratings instead of building them. Can you say, "Penny wise and pound foolish?"

Leadership qualities =
              I’d say that placing Cameron in command was intended to please the Farscape fans they hoped that Ben Browder’s inclusion would win over, but as you say, if they lost more longtime fans than they gained new fans, it was definitely a bad idea.

I can’t speak for Farscape fans, having never watched the show in my life, but I would have thought that having Ben Browder as a part of the team, even if he hadn’t been in command, would have won them quite a few viewers, without alienating the fans they already had, in which case TPTB would have been able to eat their cake and have it too.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I don't think the baby is Olivia. She doesn't look quite big enough. I suppose I'm only going on the Ski pics when she was all bumfed up in warm clothes, but I don't know. Plus judging by the lack of photos so far, I'm not sure Amanda would pose for photos with her like that.
                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

I am listening to the director's commentary of Window of Opportunity as I write this. PDL is doing the commentary (along with James Tichenor), and he made a comment on the work of a director in general (paraphrasing here):

"If you just watch, but don't care.....If the characters aren't getting through to you on an emotional level.....then the director just isn't doing his job."

Fast forward to S9: Hello, Peter!

We care, especially about Sam. But we're just not moved lately.

What an appropriate observation for my 1,900th post*.

(*Note: I would have been way over 2,000 by now if it hadn't been for work!!!)
                  Good points. And yeah, that pesky having to earn a living thing sure cuts into reading and posting time, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                    I don't think the baby is Olivia. She doesn't look quite big enough. I suppose I'm only going on the Ski pics when she was all bumfed up in warm clothes, but I don't know. Plus judging by the lack of photos so far, I'm not sure Amanda would pose for photos with her like that.
                    It's what I thought too at the beginning because I don't think she would take Olivia to such events but at the end I was wondering and it doesn't hurt to ask right? Anyway she looks a natural with a kid but we already saw that on a video from a previous con and with the pics from Lake Louise

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                      Sorry that I didn't make it clear. Right here at GW, just go to the section on Stargate Fandom, and then the thread--Photos in Vancouver--first one at the top. Go in and look for Battmeals. He or she has a link to all his or her pictures so far, and these include the Sunday brunch.
                      Thanks! And here's a direct link of the one of Amanda and the baby:
                      http://www.genrefans.com/ConventionP...target246.html

I bet it's a fan's baby. I doubt she would have brought Olivia to a charity function where she was working, don't you?

Also.....and forgive me if I shouldn't ask this. I glanced at the photos of Joe Flanigan and noticed he wasn't wearing a wedding ring this year. Does anyone know if he has been divorced? I'd hate to hear that.....

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                        I’d say that placing Cameron in command was intended to please the Farscape fans they hoped that Ben Browder’s inclusion would win over, but as you say, if they lost more longtime fans than they gained new fans, it was definitely a bad idea.

I can’t speak for Farscape fans, having never watched the show in my life, but I would have thought that having Ben Browder as a part of the team, even if he hadn’t been in command, would have won them quite a few viewers, without alienating the fans they already had, in which case TPTB would have been able to eat their cake and have it too.
                        I thought he would have been a lot more likeable if he had had a definite learning curve, and had been in true awe of everything he saw and had to do. Instead, he just comes off as unjustifiably cocky.

I watched both shows, and loved both......and agree totally with your assessment about what would have been the "win-win" way to go.

Comment

I am listening to the director's commentary of Window of Opportunity as I write this. PDL is doing the commentary (along with James Tichenor), and he made a comment on the work of a director in general (paraphrasing here):

"If you just watch, but don't care.....If the characters aren't getting through to you on an emotional level.....then the director just isn't doing his job."

Fast forward to S9: Hello, Peter!

We care, especially about Sam. But we're just not moved lately.

What an appropriate observation for my 1,900th post*.

(*Note: I would have been way over 2,000 by now if it hadn't been for work!!!)
                          Wow cograts on your 1900th post
                          I guess that means you've had a lot of important things to say
                          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Lizlove
                            It's what I thought too at the beginning because I don't think she would take Olivia to such events but at the end I was wondering and it doesn't hurt to ask right? Anyway she looks a natural with a kid but we already saw that on a video from a previous con and with the pics from Lake Louise
                            it has to be another kid. either a fan's or one of her co-workers. maybe chris's?

First of all, olivia is a year old, so practically a toddler. second, she's been most protetive of her little one and i doubt she'll put her up on a stage
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I just have to mention how incredible Amanda looks. I mean look at those pictures FCOL.

She looks vivacious and jazzed and ready to take on the world.

Last edited by Uber; 26 March 2006, 02:04 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X