Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    However, straight from Joe...

"There is absolutely no basis to this. If there were, it would have been brought up."
    That's good to hear, Über, not that I ever doubted it. Thanks for taking care of it. And as to your experience in the "other" forum: Like everybody else said, just stay with us. They are not even worth the effort. Obviously, they are not objective at all and have nothing, absolutely nothing, to back up their "statements". But, kudos to you for standing up.

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Ok, let me just say I honestly didn't expect that flag of mine ( #2) to make it this far. I have a completed version if anyone is interested.Kat
    Yeah, I would like to see the completed version, Kat. BTW - great new sig, LOL. How do you always come up with this stuff?

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Here's an early pic of Sam that just oozes potential for future leadership! Come on back, super Sam with shades ... come on back!

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
        Hey Uber, where did Joe Mallozzi say this?
        I originally posted it on the Ask Joe thread...but then I got concerned about how hot the topic was...and even Agent Dark advised me that it wasn't a good move because of lurkers and the like who would use it in their hate rants.

So I pulled it and sent JM a PM...and thankfully, he responded...putting this issue to rest.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
          Great captions, Q and WFAR!

Here are two new posters from my buddy, Geogirl.

I think the first one above speaks to the spirit of Samanda (as opposed to some of the other threads out there). And the second poster's poetic tribute to a fallen hero is quite moving ...

Two absolutely terrific posters. The poem is poignant and describes our Hero perfectly.

Welcome back, good to see you again!

Comment

Okay, one more for the night ... give a caption or a song title!

Comment

I'm curious but how exactly can TV guide know if CB will be back as a regular next season when the producers at Stargate don't even know if they will be picked up for a tenth season? I mean how often do producers start casting characters for the following season when they don't even know if there will be a season 10. Also, CB will be in much of the same predicament as Amanda is this season with a very small baby. Granted I'm not saying it's not possible it could happen, but whereas Amanda has been a part of the show for nine years now and lives in Vancouver, CB would have to move to Vancouver with a very small child in order to join the cast in season 10. I just think there has been a lot of speculation running rampant lately.
              I'm LOL ... yeah ... baby on the way and I believe CB is a native of Australia! I don't think there's anything pointing to the real scoop on this one yet!

Comment

I originally posted it on the Ask Joe thread...but then I got concerned about how hot the topic was...and even Agent Dark advised me that it wasn't a good move because of lurkers and the like who would use it in their hate rants.

So I pulled it and sent JM a PM...and thankfully, he responded...putting this issue to rest.

Thanks. It's such a ridiculous interpretation of the episode that I wasn't sure if you were joking or not. In fact, I suppose it's rather sad that it's not a joke. But it does illustrate how deeply deluded some fans are. I know what I want to see on screen, but I never confuse it with what is actually there. Still, to each there own, I suppose.

Comment

How do you PM Joe? Because I've never written to a writer before.

Comment

Originally posted by golfbooy
                    Thanks. It's such a ridiculous interpretation of the episode that I wasn't sure if you were joking or not. In fact, I suppose it's rather sad that it's not a joke. But it does illustrate how deeply deluded some fans are. I know what I want to see on screen, but I never confuse it with what is actually there. Still, to each there own, I suppose.
                    Actually, I made the mistake of saying that although some shippy scenes are intentionally vague, some are fairly blatant...but that doesn't mean everyone has to enjoy or appreciate every aspect of the show. And for that I was branded a nazi...or to be more specific, a member of the shippy gestapo.

Big freakin' whatever.

I like what a fellow Samandan said to me...it seems to help me when I try to be too nice to people who are sans clue:

"Nice is overrated in the face overwhelming stupidity."

This might have to be our standby motto when dealing with people who wouldn't know a Hic Comitas Regit if it came up and bit them...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                      How do you PM Joe? Because I've never written to a writer before.
                      I PM'd him here on Gateworld. It was my first to him though.

He's a busy guy and I don't want him disabling his PM'ing abilities because of getting overloaded...but I thought it was an important question to ask and I'm glad he answered.

Comment

how do you pm joe? same way you pm any of us.

now as to sam being responsible for janet's death. yep, that story has been around, well since the eps aired.

one thing is a fact, people will see what they want to see. and when a person is bound and determined to find any and all flaws in a character, they WILL twist and interpret facts to mean what they want it to mean

I mean, we do the same thing when we watch an eps. take the beginning of avalon for instance. some see it as proof that cam's the boss, some see it as proof that sam is

neither are wrong, neither are right

just like the shippers among us see 'it's complicated' and 'not exactly' as proof that sam and jack are together. however, since we haven't seen them together, it can be either way. it can be that sam and jack are a couple, or that sam and pete got back together, or that sam simply doesn't like barrett and was putting him off
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Here's another great thought from someone else when discussing the responses on JM's blog. Basically we were talking about why people were upset about the co-leadership issue...here's her response:

They're upset with JM saying that Sam and Mitchell are co-leading. You want to know why? Because just the question being there to begin with shows that Sam's *important* to the show and fans. It acknowledges what we know. They hate it! And notice there's no controversy about MS/Daniel? It's all about Amanda/Sam this season. That says something now, doesn't it?

I couldn't agree more.

Last edited by Uber; 25 September 2005, 05:16 PM.

Comment

They do live in their own little world, don't they. I mean CB could decide to take a year off to spend with her baby and they'll still want her to be on the
                            show.

Also I've never PM'ed anyone here so I don't know how. Maybe I'll go to the
                            sub-fourm that deals with that.

Comment

I'm curious but how exactly can TV guide know if CB will be back as a regular next season when the producers at Stargate don't even know if they will be picked up for a tenth season? I mean how often do producers start casting characters for the following season when they don't even know if there will be a season 10. Also, CB will be in much of the same predicament as Amanda is this season with a very small baby. Granted I'm not saying it's not possible it could happen, but whereas Amanda has been a part of the show for nine years now and lives in Vancouver, CB would have to move to Vancouver with a very small child in order to join the cast in season 10. I just think there has been a lot of speculation running rampant lately.

As I recall, this was from Matt Rousch's online colume where he was asked some question about Vala, but I could be wrong. I think he was speculating about it. And I think he would like nothing more than CB to be a regular. He really likes Farscape and the actors.

Great to see you back, Chopingal. Great picture of you and Chopin!! Glad you had a great trip!

Comment

how to pm

click on a person's name and y ou get a little dropdown box with options. one of those is to send a private message to that person

click on it, type in a subject and your message and send it away

another way is to go to my controls, then new message and send it that way. it is a bit harder simply because you have to know the person's name, but both ways work
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X