Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
    Yes I agree. I think that is why she is such a great role model and many fans simply adore her. She is a beautiful person fom the inside out. She can laugh at herself or any situation, very talented, obviously very smart to undertand and say all her lines, and she takes time to be with not just her fans but fans of Stargate SG-1 in general.
    i adore amanda.

but in no way do i think she's perfect. why am i saying this? because i wonder if we put amanda on a pedestal that no mere human could live up to. if it ever came out that amanda had done something wrong or made a human mistake, i'd still love her. always.

i know this all sounds weird, but even though i know the ppl *here* would support her, i'd be afraid to see other ppl's reactions... i don't really know why i'm saying this.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      yeah. and i'm so sick of this subject. why should a character that was only on those five/six eps to cover amanda's absense get put into the position of potentially replacing sam permanently? and it's (certain) fans that are making these requests/demands.

here are the facts. a character like vala can not to tolerated for long. if they wanted to make her permanent, they'd *have* to tone her down. and if they tone her down, she's no longer the vala some fans know and enjoy. so keeping her recurring is the only way for it to work.

or, just make another spin off starring daniel and vala (and take lam with you).

sally
      That's a great point. I kinda compare the idea of Vala with Felger.

Don't stone me yet...see if you agree.

Both of them are outlandish and funny (Vala's humor softened near the end of her stay)...but way over the top most of the time.

I remember the Avenger 2.0 commentary when Martin and Amanda were talking about the fact that because of Felger's over-the-toppedness...his character would not be sustainable as a weekly regular. Why? Because his act would get old. Fast.

Now many didn't appreciate my beloved Jay. I adored him...but that's because I saw him twice...The Other Guys and Avenger 2.0. And as MUCH as I love him, I'd get sick of Jay wigging out every single week. It would be a one-punchline theme playing over and over again in my head.

So if theoretically they were to make Felger a series regular, they'd HAVE to tone him down. But then in doing so, he's no longer Felger (who I'd love to see at least one more time).

Are you with me here Samandans?

They could (in theory) keep her as an outlandish character early season 9 BECAUSE she was only there temporarily. In order to be a sustainable series regular, she'd have to really REALLY sand off the rough spots...but then she wouldn't be the snarky, over-the-top Vala we saw early season 9...the one they adore and I barely tolerated.

I'm hoping for occasional appearances from her. That'd be fine.

Plus regardless of her "interest" in joining SG-1, she's too much of a lone wolf to take orders all the time. And again, if she became that kind of "take orders" gal, she wouldn't BE the Vala they love.

There's the rub in their "Vala should Join the SG-1 Team" fantasy. If they get Vala as a team member (may it never be), she really wouldn't be Vala anymore.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Okay, one more for the night ... give a caption or a song title!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...SJFeelings.jpg

.... i ccan't.... i'm in a lusty trance..... *sighs*

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
          Hey Über, I don't know if it is any consolation to you, but I just browsed through the creation entertainment merchandise pages and saw the cover for the next calendar. And, guess what, it has Sam/AT in the front, Daniel and Teal'c at her sides a little bit set back, and Mitchell and Vala in the far back. It looks really good, and I am not telling you this because Vala and Mitchell are in the far back but because Sam is in the FRONT, like Jack used to be. Seems there are quite some people out there thinking that Sam is important to the show and a favorite character. Why else would they have her so prominently in the front??
          I think it speaks for itself. Check it out (it's on the second page): http://www.creationent.com/sg1/index.htm
          Woo, she is too Go Sam!

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
            As I recall, this was from Matt Rousch's online colume where he was asked some question about Vala, but I could be wrong. I think he was speculating about it. And I think he would like nothing more than CB to be a regular. He really likes Farscape and the actors.
            I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Matt Rousch is lame when it comes to Farscape.

Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

just like the shippers among us see 'it's complicated' and 'not exactly' as proof that sam and jack are together. however, since we haven't seen them together, it can be either way. it can be that sam and jack are a couple, or that sam and pete got back together, or that sam simply doesn't like barrett and was putting him off
              since you brought this up - when exactly *did* sam say this in ex deus machina?

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

sally
                She didn't. Its just a figment of your deluded imagination

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  Hmm, looks like we're almost in need of a bump... Lucky I got another fic rec

Tether, by Nanda. It's a Cassie fic set in a slight AU (most of season 7 is canon, then it diverts a bit). Its sad and has character death, but its a very well written fic. One of the few (if not only :O) Cassie Fic's I've ever read.
                  send me a message, AD, if it's sam that dies... if it is, i can NOT handle it.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

sally
                    Sally...ignore AD. He's in denial and I don't mean the river in Egypt.

Read my sig...

...and here's the context:

Spoiler:
                    Agent Barrett: *Clears throat* Um…how have you been?
                    Sam: Pretty good. You?
                    Agent Barrett: Yeah… pretty good…can't complain. *smiles, she nods, carries on, he looks at screen* What's new?
                    Sam: Uh… let's see…I was leading R&D for a while there.
                    Agent Barrett: *he nods, smiles* Well…I never figured you the type to settle for a desk job…
                    Sam: I needed something with more flexible hours. Janet's adopted daughter Cassie was going through a hard time…
                    Agent Barrett: Oh I see…
                    Sam: Spent some time on the Prometheus…away on deep space reconnaissance.
                    Agent Barrett: Mmmhmmm...
                    Sam: oooh. *grins* Help stopped a dangerous new enemy from getting a foothold in the galaxy...
                    Agent Barrett: Yes...*smiles* Yeah I heard about that...*she's smiles, putting ear piece* How's Pete? *doesn't look at her*
                    Sam: *looks a little uncomfortable* We broke up.
                    Agent Barrett: Really? *smiles, then fades a little when she looks at him* Uh…I…I mean… I'm sorry to hear that.
                    Sam: *shrugs* Oh it was the best thing for both of us.
                    Agent Barrett: *after a minute* So you're single again?
                    Sam: *not sure how to answer* Not exactly *smiles* *his smile fades, she bites lip, definitely uncomfortable*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                      You know someone asked me this morning if there was an X-rated version of one of the shows
                      and I went (see picture – she made a face) I don’t think so mister.
                      That look was WAAAAY appropriate (and way hilarious) for such a question, I gotta tell ya.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        That look was WAAAAY appropriate (and way hilarious) for such a question, I gotta tell ya.
                        It's a valid question though :'(

Comment

Whoops...we lost Sam episode Entity in the Best Episode Tournament...

We have to be more diligent!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            She didn't. Its just a figment of your deluded imagination
                            why i auda....

*gets ready to take a bite out of AD again*

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                              Sally...ignore AD. He's in denial and I don't mean the river in Egypt.

Read my sig...

...and here's the context:

Spoiler:
                              Agent Barrett: *Clears throat* Um…how have you been?
                              Sam: Pretty good. You?
                              Agent Barrett: Yeah… pretty good…can't complain. *smiles, she nods, carries on, he looks at screen* What's new?
                              Sam: Uh… let's see…I was leading R&D for a while there.
                              Agent Barrett: *he nods, smiles* Well…I never figured you the type to settle for a desk job…
                              Sam: I needed something with more flexible hours. Janet's adopted daughter Cassie was going through a hard time…
                              Agent Barrett: Oh I see…
                              Sam: Spent some time on the Prometheus…away on deep space reconnaissance.
                              Agent Barrett: Mmmhmmm...
                              Sam: oooh. *grins* Help stopped a dangerous new enemy from getting a foothold in the galaxy...
                              Agent Barrett: Yes...*smiles* Yeah I heard about that...*she's smiles, putting ear piece* How's Pete? *doesn't look at her*
                              Sam: *looks a little uncomfortable* We broke up.
                              Agent Barrett: Really? *smiles, then fades a little when she looks at him* Uh…I…I mean… I'm sorry to hear that.
                              Sam: *shrugs* Oh it was the best thing for both of us.
                              Agent Barrett: *after a minute* So you're single again?
                              Sam: *not sure how to answer* Not exactly *smiles* *his smile fades, she bites lip, definitely uncomfortable*

first, i do ignore AD (except when i flirting with him).

second, i still don't see where sam said 'it's complicated' to barrett.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                                Hey Über, I don't know if it is any consolation to you, but I just browsed through the creation entertainment merchandise pages and saw the cover for the next calendar. And, guess what, it has Sam/AT in the front, Daniel and Teal'c at her sides a little bit set back, and Mitchell and Vala in the far back. It looks really good, and I am not telling you this because Vala and Mitchell are in the far back but because Sam is in the FRONT, like Jack used to be. Seems there are quite some people out there thinking that Sam is important to the show and a favorite character. Why else would they have her so prominently in the front??
                                I think it speaks for itself. Check it out (it's on the second page): http://www.creationent.com/sg1/index.htm
                                Dani - creation has said that cover may change - I'm not sure if that is the final cover or not. That being said, having been to several of their cons in the last few years I can tell you that AT's stuff sells for more than anyone elses on SG-1 during the auctions at their cons. Last year I was surprised when MS banner went for $600 signed by him at the con - then when AT's went up for sale it went for $850 signed by her. This year even though she was not there at the con they sold a couple of banners with out her sign and they still went as high as MS signed banner. The signed pictures of AT they had all took top dollar as well.
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X