Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Nitpick Alert!!!
    Joe said that she was probably was. Now I like to think of the word probably as one that leaves room for the flipside
    And even then - was she probably referring to Jack in the sense that she's got a lot of confusing emotions that she doesn't really know how to deal with and that Jack somehow falls into that picture? And that she's hesitant to begin dating until she sorts her emotions out (by which I mean, realise that she actually loves Janet and move to an AU to be happy with her. Errr, did I say that aloud? )
    But anyway, continue on
    agent dark, bite me!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      agent dark, bite me!

sally
      With pleasure

And Strix! That story is great! I think The Amanda Tapping Club are accepting entries for their scrapbook that they're going to present to Amanda at GABIT? You should definitely include that little story!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        Yeah, I've read several quotes from Amanda that made me scratch my head. Is it possible that she really doesn't know just how beautiful she is? In some ways it makes me sad... I mean, by what ridiculous standard is she judging herself??? And part of me just wants to hug her for being so sweet.

I wish I could capture other people's reactions to her and bottle them up for her somehow. Two weeks ago, I had another committee meeting with fire service reps from all over the world. Once again, I'm projecting my computer up on a screen. I have a picture of Amanda as my wallpaper, and up it goes.

"So, who's that?" the rep from the Los Angeles FD asks.

"Amanda Tapping. She's an actress on a show called Stargate SG-1," I tell her.

"Wow, she's gorgeous."

I grin. Several heads nod around the table.

"Does that show in Australia?" the New South Wales Fire Brigade rep asks hopefully.

"Yes it does," I grin. "And it films in Vancouver," I say, nodding at the Canadian rep, who is from Vancouver. "I'm a huge fan."

The meeting goes on. Later on, we're swapping files on my personal jump drive, and I hear Sam's voice in the back of the room... Another committee member had seen my SG-1 file, and he'd started up one of my avi files hoping to see more of Amanda... Like a group of kids, the entire committee gathered around to watch as I quietly banged my head on the table. "I guess it's break time!"

They were like moths to AT's flame, women included.

LOL Nice story Strix thanks for sharing.

And Agent Dark, I'm with Sal. Bite me.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
          Yeah, I've read several quotes from Amanda that made me scratch my head. Is it possible that she really doesn't know just how beautiful she is? In some ways it makes me sad... I mean, by what ridiculous standard is she judging herself??? And part of me just wants to hug her for being so sweet.

I wish I could capture other people's reactions to her and bottle them up for her somehow. Two weeks ago, I had another committee meeting with fire service reps from all over the world. Once again, I'm projecting my computer up on a screen. I have a picture of Amanda as my wallpaper, and up it goes.

"So, who's that?" the rep from the Los Angeles FD asks.

"Amanda Tapping. She's an actress on a show called Stargate SG-1," I tell her.

"Wow, she's gorgeous."

I grin. Several heads nod around the table.

"Does that show in Australia?" the New South Wales Fire Brigade rep asks hopefully.

"Yes it does," I grin. "And it films in Vancouver," I say, nodding at the Canadian rep, who is from Vancouver. "I'm a huge fan."

The meeting goes on. Later on, we're swapping files on my personal jump drive, and I hear Sam's voice in the back of the room... Another committee member had seen my SG-1 file, and he'd started up one of my avi files hoping to see more of Amanda... Like a group of kids, the entire committee gathered around to watch as I quietly banged my head on the table. "I guess it's break time!"

They were like moths to AT's flame, women included.

Ok, now you have me curious. Inquiring minds want to know. Just what picture did you have of Amanda as your wallpaper?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Ok, now you have me curious. Inquiring minds want to know. Just what picture did you have of Amanda as your wallpaper?
            *Mary Beth chimes in with a METOO*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

What a great story, Strix. All I can say on this topic is:

Dani

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

agent dark, bite me!

sally
                Oooh Oooh!!! Can I join in on the AD Bite Me Fest????

Oh wait...I got you in a PM didn't I AD??

Well...WHO CARES?????

bite me bite me bite me bite me bite me!!!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Oooh Oooh!!! Can I join in on the AD Bite Me Fest????

Oh wait...I got you in a PM didn't I AD??

Well...WHO CARES?????

bite me bite me bite me bite me bite me!!!!!

Sheesh, get in line. Sal was first, wait your turn

Comment

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Kisses 'n' hugs for ya mate...you're a ok in my book...

Comment

Excuse me. I think I was second.

*flounces off*

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                        Blasphemy!!!!!!Thats the spirit

I kept thinking that this picture reminded me of some one from a past scifi show and it's just come to me, it's Kes from Star Trek Voyager!
                        The way Sam's hair is done behind her ears, the way the camera pictured her face with her eyes half shut.
                        ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                          Quick question, though: Is this considered a CANON answer, or does it have to be addressed WITHIN the boundaries of the show to be considered that?[/COLOR]
                          That's an interesting question. Because the writers know the 'official' backstories they're spinning the plot arcs out of, ya'd think it was. But then a writer or higher PTB like Skiffy can come in and overrule and rewrite history (herstory? ), so that's not a good way to define it...

And there's been plenty of moments that have been scripted that didn't make it to screen (some some S/J bits spring immediately to mind)... I guess I thought from moseying around the forum this past year or so that canon was what actually got shown.

(Course that idea is blown out of the water when you consider how heavily they edited Threads after its first airing, making the story even more convoluted.)

Opinions anyone?
                          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                            Quick question, though: Is this considered a CANON answer, or does it have to be addressed WITHIN the boundaries of the show to be considered that?[/COLOR]
                            Its canon
                            Originally posted by crazedturkey
                            It makes me wonder if they've still got a military advisor on the show? They must do surely, because wasn't General Jumper meant to be in the Fourth Horseman? He wouldn't have been if the Air Force had nothing to do with the show.
                            They bribe him with ice cream and he lets them do whatever they want
                            Originally posted by jckfan55
                            Sad to think of MGM as a small fish--there was a time when it first among the big companies...once upon a time in the "golden age."
                            That was a long time ago

Sony was a good option for MGM - as the others interested in MGM would have made drastic changes
                            (by which I mean, realise that she actually loves Janet and move to an AU to be happy with her. Errr, did I say that aloud? )
                            Its so obvious duh
                            Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                            *holds up anti-flirty eye sheild*

ROFLMAO - Even though you cant see Sam/Barrett she does like him quite a bit
                            sally
                            Like the new av
                            Originally posted by tara3583
                            I kept thinking that this picture reminded me of some one from a past scifi show and it's just come to me, it's Kes from Star Trek Voyager!
                            The way Sam's hair is done behind her ears, the way the camera pictured her face with her eyes half shut.
                            I see it aswell
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76

What a great story, Strix.
                              All I can say on this topic is:

Dani
                              Hi Fellow Samandans, I'm back from an amazing week in Poland! Forget all non-PC Polish jokes - the people are intellectual and witty and very hospitable! Plus I think I found the clue to my Polish roots in a tiny graveyard 80 miles south of Krakow! Wonderful, wonderful experience.

Now, back to the show ... Dani, this is a terrific poster and captures the essence of Amanda so well! Kudos!

Strix, I saw your desktop wallpaper when we were together and I love that it catches people's attention at a business meeting, no less! True beauty should be admired and appreciated - amen, sistah!

I will never ever be able to catch up to the mega-amount of posts since I've been gone. But, skimming through all these past pages, what caught my attention especially were the posts about the outcome of S9's failure to show Sam in command. All your arguments and discussions were right on! There were some truly intelligent critiques which I hope you also posted at other threads for TPTB to get a whiff of ... this was a slap in the face to all women of a certain age ... women who are working hard to earn parity/equity for our gender in the workplace. I'm waiting for a certain producer to repeat his famous words delivered after the Chimera debacle: "they (the fans) must have issues of their own"! Yeah, big guy ...

As some of you had mentioned, I also felt it was a cop-out by the production and writing staff. The brave thing would have been to allow the natural progression of past-season events to materialize further. Sam Carter was being groomed for leadership and had already stepped up to the plate in S8 (albeit the writers failed to successfully focus on this important development of her character). There was room for a Cam Mitchell on the team ... but not as head of the team. Many of you have already given ample reasons why.

AT has always prided herself as being a role model for women of all ages through her portrayal of an able and intelligent Samantha Carter. This failure to continue her evolution as leader has set back a cause which many of us have felt personally as we took on the male bastions of authority in our own lives.

Television, as a medium of universal communication, does carry the power to influence its viewers ... be it through news/documentary or mass entertainment of sitcoms/dramas/scifi. How powerful a message it would have been to see Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter acknowledged as a full leader in her field and not relegated to some ambiguous "Is she? Is she not?" position for S9!

Okay, stepping off my soapbox and sharing a photo of Chopin Gal in front of the monument to Chopin in Warsaw! My hero! Peace, CG

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/ChopinGal/Poland2-007.jpg
                                Welcome back - whats that thing next to him?
                                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                                love Torri

Comment

Working...
                                X