No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, sam is massively popular. and to me, that's one reason she's such a threat.

if you like one actor and then there's a second one who some perceive to be as good as or better than the first, you'll see that second as a threat.

again, still speaking very broadly about just a few of the ardent anti-sammers....but many of them see sam as a threat to daniel. every line that sam had, daniel could have had. every scene with jack she had, well that COULD have been daniel.

it's almost like some are jealous of sam's ability adn popularity.

i think that's one reason they like vala. she's no threat at all. now, i will admit that i do like the side of daniel that vala brings out. to me, MS does a far better job doing comedy than he does drama and claudia loosens him up enough that he forgets that he's acting and he actually acts better, more natural when she's around. so in that way, vala is good for daniel

however, i for one don't care for that aspect of vala. i don't care for the sex and such. i think it's trite and cliche. i like the deeper aspect of her, the ex-host part. however we don't seem to get much of that, we get the easier to sell sexy part.

If RDA leaving the show was a blow, sam leaving the show will be even more of one. she is just as popular as RDA and her character is just as vital

the strength of sg1, until this last season, has always been a sum of its parts. everyone contributed bits and pieces to teh whole. With rda gone, part of that is gone. Cam is trying, but he's just not jack adn i don't know if he will be allowed to develop his own character ornot.

vala was a decent half time show...but she's no quarterback.

if rda is gone, and at is gone, i have serious doubts that anyone can fill that hole and even attempt to keep teh show as SG1. It won't be the same simply because too much will be gone.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Ok, let me just say I honestly didn't expect that flag of mine ( #2) to make it this far. It wasn't even complete when I showed it to ChopinGal. I was just showing her an idea I had. Uber was the one who informed me that it was even in the running.

I have a completed version if anyone is interested. I can be made into a coat of arms or a flag pretty easily. I just wanted to apologize to everyone for allowing a incomplete flag to be placed upon the poll. I just totally forgot about the entire thing.

Kat
      Very interested

BTW I voted for yours
      Originally posted by Dani76
      Yeah, I would like to see the completed version, Kat. BTW - great new sig, LOL. How do you always come up with this stuff?
      Shes oozing with talent
      Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Here's an early pic of Sam that just oozes potential for future leadership! Come on back, super Sam with shades ... come on back!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../SamShades.jpg
      Is that from an ep?
      Already done - very good
      Originally posted by ChevronSeven
      So this is how the new iPod works?
      Now we know that when Steve Jobs says there isnt going to be a video ipod hes lying
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Hey it's me again, Daivy! Did I mis anything?

Friday I bought the DVD Box Sets of Season 8 and Season 1 of Atlantis. In Season 8 (I don't know wich version you have but I have the one, wich front side is "silver like" ) and in most Special Features, there's at least 2 minuts of Amanda in it! Yes, of course I liked the extra; a convention expierence with Amanda Tapping! She's so funny, sweet, fan lovin' and thankfull. When she estarts to tell about the expierences of that convention, man, she looks so beatiful, that I only wanna watch Stargate because of her! If you want I can make screencaps of that DVD extra!

Oh yeah about the recent posts about the Sam/Amanda bashers, ignor them, "remember sticking your fingers in your ears while humming can solve a lot of problems" I think Jack one's said. SG-1 saved the Earth, what, how many times, 8, 9 times? (Teal'c, help me out here plz, how many times?) And isn't it thanx to Sam that Earth's saved in 5 or 6/9 times? I only got something against certain characters, cause they're "the bad guys", like Kinsey and that General Bauer character, but I don't hate 'em, I even like those episodes, just cause "that bad guy'' is in it.

I think critice some people's acting can be OK as in, there she (a general she, not Sam/Amanda) looks like to be absent, or, I saw an episode where she explained a lot more intresting than now, so boring (just giving examples of how critics can react). But criticise the character/Actor with the goal to break or destroy they self confidance, is one thing I will not tolerate. I bet that some people who criticise actors/actresses, that theyself can't act. So, I think that actors/actresses, even if they "did it horrible" according to those people, still tried to put the best (insert name) on screen that they think are possible.

And when I heared Amanda's working hours (from getting up until going to sleep, even before Cute Olivia was born, where, ! Now she maybe has even less time to practice her lines. But even before Olivia was born I could only think of one word! (2 actually): chapeau and respect! (with chapeau I mean, well done, great work, I think ya know what I wanna say).

You rule Amanda, here we won't let you down, a big thumbs up, and yes, you are a great fantastic and awfully great lovin' and funny mommy!

! Hic Comitas Regit !

Thank you Ambermoon for the sigs!

Comment

Just a quickie - and I apologise if I have got the wrong drift as I haven't got time to scroll back.

I don't think Vala is like Felger at all. Perhaps in the way that they are supposed to be funny.

Felger doesn't go around in tight fitting trousers or scanty tops (heaven forbid) trying to tantalise the opposite sex. I don't think he's a thief and he does seem to care about the SGC - and risked his life to save SG1. he does have quite a soft spot for Sam - which is quite sweet in a way. He's just a likable boffin-bit-of-a-fool with too much of a crush.

What I don't like about Vala is just the blatant dispaly of chest and the almost continual sexual innuendo in her script plus she doesn't on the whole seem to have much moral fibre.

I could stand more of Felger, but not more of Vala (at least how she has been written in eps 1 to 4). Which is a shame as I think CB has got "presence" and deserved a better character which we would all like.

I really liked Avenger - it did have a bit of a moral message to it about admitting mistakes and getting past that to find solutions etc. The only think I didn't like about the ep was the last scene - but then I'm a prude Brit!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            yes, sam is massively popular. and to me, that's one reason she's such a threat.

if you like one actor and then there's a second one who some perceive to be as good as or better than the first, you'll see that second as a threat.

again, still speaking very broadly about just a few of the ardent anti-sammers....but many of them see sam as a threat to daniel. every line that sam had, daniel could have had. every scene with jack she had, well that COULD have been daniel.

i think that's one reason they like vala. she's no threat at all. now, i will admit that i do like the side of daniel that vala brings out. to me, MS does a far better job doing comedy than he does drama and claudia loosens him up enough that he forgets that he's acting and he actually acts better, more natural when she's around. so in that way, vala is good for daniel

however, i for one don't care for that aspect of vala. i don't care for the sex and such. i think it's trite and cliche. i like the deeper aspect of her, the ex-host part. however we don't seem to get much of that, we get the easier to sell sexy part.

If RDA leaving the show was a blow, sam leaving the show will be even more of one. she is just as popular as RDA and her character is just as vital

the strength of sg1, until this last season, has always been a sum of its parts. everyone contributed bits and pieces to teh whole. With rda gone, part of that is gone. Cam is trying, but he's just not jack adn i don't know if he will be allowed to develop his own character ornot.

if rda is gone, and at is gone, i have serious doubts that anyone can fill that hole and even attempt to keep teh show as SG1. It won't be the same simply because too much will be gone.
            I love it when I get to read through the lines like this.

Comment

Isnt it a habit of tv shows to focus on their leading man and leading lady
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Samanda not on the first page? No way. So, here is a gentle *bump*
                And another one of my favorite pictures of our Queen smiling:

Well, somebody had to do something, right?!?

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                  Isnt it a habit of tv shows to focus on their leading man and leading lady
                  yep. just some are confused which is the leading lady opposite jack
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

CAPTION:

*Sam to herself* Okay...so how did that commercial go again? "Two ten minute treatments a day...and in six months I TOO can look like Amanda Tapping."

ROTFL. Definitely a blue jello-worthy effort.
                    Lots of other good captions but I can't green you all.

Comment

Btw here's the completed flag. All the photos can be changed I just picked a few that I liked.

Samanda Flag #2
                      This is great! It certainly would also work as a coat of arms.

Comment

[QUOTE=ÜberSG-1Fan]

SHE'S A SAM/TEAL'C SHIPPER!!!

[QUOTE]
                        You know it's not as off the wall as you might think. Much better than sam/janet ( AD) . But I'm a dyed in the wool anti-shipper.

Comment

So well put Sky and I agree entirely

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            Okay, one more for the night ... give a caption or a song title!

Jack thinking: Is she using a new shampoo? I like it.
                            Sam thinking: Well, there are some good things about having to hide from Jaffa.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                              Jack thinking: Is she using a new shampoo?
                              Would he notice
                              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
                                Another reason to appreciate her....she can be beautiful AND goofy at the same time and doesn't take herself too seriously.

So next time I'm a goof - which will probably be in five minutes - I'll dedicate it to our Sam.
                                Caption: I knew I shouldn't have let Daniel talk me into drinking that cappuccino.

Comment

Working...
                                X