No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIRC from my feminist daze, a real feminist would call herself a "gatewomyn" right? LOL
    If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
    proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
    Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek

SpaZzzzzz!

Happy Birthday Girl !!!

Woohoo!
      What did ya wish for?!?!!?

Awww, shucks! Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys! You guys are so sweet!

Now that you mentioned it mini, I wished for less comp issues and a roundtrip ticket to Shore Leave. On the SG-front, there were way too many wishes to count, so I just settled for some great Daniel/Sam/Teal'c/Cameron/Vala (read: Team) action in Season 10 - with some ship resolution on the side. We'll see how those work out over the next few months! (And I've heard that being 3_ isn't so bad, btw )

And WhatFate, would you believe I'm the big 1-9 today?

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
        If you dont enter a year of birth the forum seems to make it up thats why I never believe the number stated on the birthday bar
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
          If you dont enter a year of birth the forum seems to make it up thats why I never believe the number stated on the birthday bar
          really

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            so if they'd kept their original idea and had pete a reporter, how much you want to bet we'd still be hearing 'it's just a reporters' instinct' that made him do the background check, etc? <snip>

sally
            I hadn't heard that Pete was going to be a reporter. That explains alot for me. If Pete had been a reporter, I would understand the distrust and following. The US media spends 99% of it's time writing stories about how we shouldn't trust the government and how bad the US military is. Therefore, Pete's distrust of government "work" would have been natural. He would have assumed that deep-space telemetry was NOT taking place and would want to prove that the government and military were lying.

I can believe that reporters would not follow the law when they are seeking a story if they believed the story was important. The "story is more important than obeying the law" mentality is what I would believe; however, I see policemen as law enforcers and not above the law but representing the law. It would seem the writers thought they could just change the profession of the character without regard to the consequences to the plot.

Of course, this is just MHO.

Token ~

Comment

I missed the Birthday Greetings thing, so

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPAZ

Anyhoo... online there seem to be an awful lot of Gategrrrrlz (that's how my Geekboy friends refer to us too) but in real life we're very thing on the ground. The Geekboyz (Geekboyz got called that because it's anything SciFi not just Gate) find it great.... a girl who likes gate and appreciates fine women like AT. You wouldn't believe the stick I get.
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Deano
                really
                I wholly agree with that sentiment.

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                Anyhoo... online there seem to be an awful lot of Gategrrrrlz (that's how my Geekboy friends refer to us too) but in real life we're very thing on the ground. The Geekboyz (Geekboyz got called that because it's anything SciFi not just Gate) find it great.... a girl who likes gate and appreciates fine women like AT. You wouldn't believe the stick I get.
                Oh, do tell! And Geekboy friends?! Mwahaha, that's hilarious. Even funnier is that they're OK with it.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                  Hey, you can DRINK (legally)! Er... if you were in Canada, you could. Or in the UK, even...

Last edited by minigeek; 04 January 2006, 10:25 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek
                    Hey, you can DRINK! Er... if you were in Canada, you could. Or in the UK, even...

i can drink

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31

You need a strong, knowledgeable, woman writer for Samantha and I’m it. Now take your hand off me.
                      Man do I love Replicarter. I love seeing Amanda playing a bad girl. She does it oh so well. If the writers can't think of anything good to write for Carter, the least they could do is bring back RC and have her cause havoc with the Ori. *heavy sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        Man do I love Replicarter. I love seeing Amanda playing a bad girl. She does it oh so well. If the writers can't think of anything good to write for Carter, the least they could do is bring back RC and have her cause havoc with the Ori. *heavy sigh*
                        it is good to see AT playing one of the badys

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                          I hadn't heard that Pete was going to be a reporter. That explains alot for me. If Pete had been a reporter, I would understand the distrust and following. The US media spends 99% of it's time writing stories about how we shouldn't trust the government and how bad the US military is. Therefore, Pete's distrust of government "work" would have been natural. He would have assumed that deep-space telemetry was NOT taking place and would want to prove that the government and military were lying.

I can believe that reporters would not follow the law when they are seeking a story if they believed the story was important. The "story is more important than obeying the law" mentality is what I would believe; however, I see policemen as law enforcers and not above the law but representing the law. It would seem the writers thought they could just change the profession of the character without regard to the consequences to the plot.
                          Of course, this is just MHO.
                          I agree with the reasoning here, Token. As a cop, for to do a background check on a civilian who poses no threat or hasn't committed a crime is abusing his authority. And I really thought he behaved as bad as Sam when
                          Spoiler:
                          she broke it off with him.
                          . As someone already mentioned, as law enforcement he knows some things are not to be told even to one's family or (esp.) lovers. As much as I later realized he loved her, it was hard to get happy about him after that. Well, has come and gone ( ) so on with the 'ship.

Just sayin', or so I hope. And welcome, Deano !
                          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                          sigpic
                          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            Ooo that'd be cool. Actually, I've been trying to work up the nerve to start my own evil!Carter fic. Well, not evil necessarily, but not good either. I have this scenario stuck in my head for an AU story where Sam doesn't meet the SG folks through the military, where she and her brother grew up in (a really twisted version of) foster care and she had to use her insane knowledge of science(s) and math(s) to make money and keep them alive, so she's sort of like a street-hardened mercenary by the time she's an adult, making expensive toys (and cool inventions) for the highest bidder - sort of like a really smart, really high-tech weapons broker - and she goes by a pseudonym, and the government knows about her and they end up having to go "find her" because the world is ending or something like that (haven't figured that out yet). So Jack (who is in the AF) and an AU version of Daniel (also involved with the Stargate program) end up going to find her to see if they can get her to work for them, even though she's technically a 'criminal' - heh. And of course, it'd have to be a little Sam/Jack too. Now if I just had the gift to write (or the courage to start this one)! *sigh*
                            Last edited by minigeek; 04 January 2006, 10:36 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler Enroute1
                                welcome, Deano !
                                thanks
                                and happy birthday to spaz i dont know you but happy birthday all the same

Comment

Working...
                                X