Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    Kat, this is a wonderful letter! I love the emphasis on *happy*... but also love the 'strong, confident, intelligent, witty, snarky, SG1 leading, Ori butt-kicking, Earth-saving, mind-blowing-megawatt-smile Sam'! Also really like how you asked for one of the guys 'be the one who's surrounded by the cloud of doom'! And, for a moment I channeled Skydiver, and she commented that it's merely (instead of mearly).
    Good Grief! One of these days I'm really going to have to fire my comments editor, she's really been laying down on the job lately. Thanks for the catch!!
    It's been edited on my original!!

Kat

Comment

Oooh I found a new favorite Sam quote for me. I'm sure someone else has mentioned it before, but I was watching Space Race today and forgot how adorable Amanda/Sam is in this scene.

Sam: "Look, I know that this could be dangerous. But this is our job, right?
      It's what we signed on to do. We take risks in the hopes of achieving new levels of technology. If...and I stress if, participating in this race happens to be a little bit...I don't know..."

Daniel: "Fun?"

Sam: (grinning madly) "What's a girl to do?"

Sam sounds so utterly tickled when she says the last line that it cracks me up.

I'd add a sound clip, that is if I knew how to do it; so I'll leave it for someone more qualified.

Comment

Updated SaGC Collection posted
        -I added sg-1fanintn's artwork submission - and it's wonderful folks - check it out (it's on pages 6-7). Of note, sg-1fanintn is expanding my boundaries of knowledge and experience with PDF files ... It's weird, but sg-1fanintn's PDF pages show up horizontal when viewed on the screen... but Adobe is smart enough that when it prints (I sent a test print of the first 8 pages)... it automatically rotated sg-1fanintn's pages so that they printed in landscape orientation! Pretty cool! Also, I had to insert blank pages for pages 6&7 into my Word file, then run an update on the Table of Contents, then convert to PDF...and then I was able to 'Replace' pages 6&7 with sg-1fanintn's PDF pages! It all works..and I'm amazed - because I've never played around with PDF files much! Very cool! Also, I chose pages 6&7 so that sg-1fanintn's collages would be on facing pages in a printed version.

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Oooh I found a new favorite Sam quote for me. I'm sure someone else has mentioned it before, but I was watching Space Race today and forgot how adorable Amanda/Sam is in this scene.

It's what we signed on to do. We take risks in the hopes of achieving new levels of technology. If...and I stress if, participating in this race happens to be a little bit...I don't know..."

I'd add a sound clip, that is if I knew how to do it; so I'll leave it for someone more qualified.
        Wonderful excerpt, Kat! I loved that exchange too! Great fun!

Comment

Great quote. Sounds like fun to me too.
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Oh yeah,I love that scene! I was cracking up,with that "What's a girl to do?" so funny!

Comment

I was thinking this would be the letter I send for Jello Week... what do you think??
              Photo courtesy of Uber
              Dear Mr. Cooper & Mr. Wright,

Please find enclosed an example of what many fans like myself would love to see in the upcoming season of Stargate. Please pay special attention to the lovely birds on Sam's epaulets as well as the big, beautiful smile on her face.

I can not emphasize enough how much many of us would love to see a strong, confident, happy, intelligent, witty, (did I mention happy?), snarky, SG1- leading, Ori butt-kicking, Earth-saving, mind-blowing-megawatt-smile Sam in season nine. No more angst, no more deaths, no more he-loves-me-he-loves-me-not. Please please please let one of the new guys be the one who's surrounded by the cloud of doom. Sam has done her part and she's done it exceedingly well, but enough already.

I know you are all really excited about the new upcoming season, with all of the new characters and storylines, but please keep in mind there are many fans out here who would really love to see the Sam we've all grown to love and admire back in full force and not merey used as a pretty ornament to be dangled in front of males as a distraction.

I hope you enjoy the blue jello and I wish you all the best for season nine.

Thanks again for eight wonderful years,

ForeverSG1 (Kat)
              a loyal member of Samanda's blue jello brigade

I was also thinking of sending Chopin Gal's poem as well (that is if I can find it). So what do you think...too much?

Kat

Brilliant Kat

Sadly I'm still out of green!!

Comment

Tried to rep you Kat - but alas I'm out of green

The whole scene between Daniel and Sam is one of the main reason I really like Sapce Race. It's such a fun episode to watch
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Emergency Astro, anyone??
                  Right I just clicked on your link and the pdf is downloading. When it it finished (probably tomorrow) what do I do to save it onto my disk? Can I save it onto my hard disk.

Dumb question from a non techi!!

Comment

If it pleases the Citizens of Samanda, the Royal Researcher has found another bit of fluff for your viewing pleasure. My ISP had this on their web page earlier this week:

I wish I could stay and read, but that will have to wait until I get home from work. RL has been a *&^^%$#% (uh, yes--I meant CHALLENGE) this week.
                    Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 16 June 2005, 02:17 PM.

Comment

I was thinking this would be the letter I send for Jello Week... what do you think??
                      Photo courtesy of Uber

Please find enclosed an example of what many fans like myself would love to see in the upcoming season of Stargate. Please pay special attention to the lovely birds on Sam's epaulets as well as the big, beautiful smile on her face.

I can not emphasize enough how much many of us would love to see a strong, confident, happy, intelligent, witty, (did I mention happy?), snarky, SG1- leading, Ori butt-kicking, Earth-saving, mind-blowing-megawatt-smile Sam in season nine. No more angst, no more deaths, no more he-loves-me-he-loves-me-not. Please please please let one of the new guys be the one who's surrounded by the cloud of doom. Sam has done her part and she's done it exceedingly well, but enough already.

I know you are all really excited about the new upcoming season, with all of the new characters and storylines, but please keep in mind there are many fans out here who would really love to see the Sam we've all grown to love and admire back in full force and not merey used as a pretty ornament to be dangled in front of males as a distraction.

ForeverSG1 (Kat)

I was also thinking of sending Chopin Gal's poem as well (that is if I can find it). So what do you think...too much?

Kat
                      Wonderful letter, Kat. Although, I'll be happy if they do some heroic Sam whumping in season 9... does that fall under the cloud of doom?

Hugs,
                      Strix

My LJ

Comment

Boy, you guys can really post! I've been reading for 25 minutes. Wow!

Sorry I haven't been in today, and I may not be in for a bit. I may have to go into the hospital for more surgery. I'm not happy. And my water heater is going, so I have to have the plumbers in by tomorrow. ARGH!

But the worst news....Amanda is going to be at GateCon! I can't go! I'll still be recuping, my doc will never let me travel that far. I'm so bummed....I'm very happy she is going to be there, but I've never seen AT in person. I hope as many of you as possible can go, and send her our love.

I better go, I can't sit much longer. I'll try and stop in daily until I absolutely,(kicking and screaming) get hijacked to the hospital, prob. early next week or sooner if the docs really demand it. I'm really NOT happy.

Miss you and all the wonderful posts already. You don't know what reading your posts, being able to post how I feel about AT and other things...well, it means alot to me. I've been very ill, and you all have made these past few weeks bearable. Thank you for making me laugh and taking my mind off of RL for a little while. (Big hug)

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                          Tried to rep you Kat - but alas I'm out of green

The whole scene between Daniel and Sam is one of the main reason I really like Sapce Race. It's such a fun episode to watch
                          There's also the scene with the manual :

Jack: "That's not our language."

Sam: "It's mine, sir."

And later :

Teal'c: "I am in your debt Major Carter."

Sam: "Indeed."
                          Follows a huge grin.

It always cracks me up.
                          Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Photo courtesy of Uber

ForeverSG1 (Kat)

Kat
                            Wonderful Kat. Spreads a large smile across my face just reading it .

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                              Boy, you guys can really post! I've been reading for 25 minutes. Wow!

Sorry I haven't been in today, and I may not be in for a bit. I may have to go into the hospital for more surgery. I'm not happy. And my water heater is going, so I have to have the plumbers in by tomorrow. ARGH!

But the worst news....Amanda is going to be at GateCon! I can't go! I'll still be recuping, my doc will never let me travel that far. I'm so bummed....I'm very happy she is going to be there, but I've never seen AT in person. I hope as many of you as possible can go, and send her our love.

I better go, I can't sit much longer. I'll try and stop in daily until I absolutely,(kicking and screaming) get hijacked to the hospital, prob. early next week or sooner if the docs really demand it. I'm really NOT happy.

Miss you and all the wonderful posts already. You don't know what reading your posts, being able to post how I feel about AT and other things...well, it means alot to me. I've been very ill, and you all have made these past few weeks bearable. Thank you for making me laugh and taking my mind off of RL for a little while. (Big hug)
                              and this makes me really sad
                              Atteria love, I hope you're going to be ok. Please look after yourself. I know what it's like to be that ill, and I'm worried about you.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Seeing the pic of AT reading the big manual in the Space Race pic made me think of another “book” scene. This not-quite-as-big book scene is from “The Serpent’s Venom”. If this has already been posted I apologize for the repetition.

Scene of ship flying in Hyper-space. Danny's sitting on the floor reading with an ink pen in his mouth. A whole bunch of books are on the floor. Sam's reading a book also. Jack's playing with the Velcro on his watch. He looks at Sam over his shoulder, next to him.

JACK: Do you understand any of that?

SAM: It's all Phoenician to me, Sir. (She smiles. He frowns)

Her Phoenician line always makes me grin and I love the look on her face as she looks over her shoulder at Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X