No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(((((((( Uber ))))))) when you say group pictures of the citizens of Samanda, does this mean RL pics of us?

Comment

Laughing my butt off...must share...

Hubby and I were watching our tape of Friday night's "SG1" the other night, when out of the blue he says, "You know, I think Carter's getting promoted faster than I am."

I kind of sat there for a minute, and then broke out laughing like you wouldn't believe. The expression on his face...I know he was joking, but he managed to actually look threatened and offended. It was so cute!

After I caught my breath, I said, "Well, you know the actress who plays her is pushing forty."

He immediately straightened back up and said, "Oh, she's on track then. That's okay." And I laughed again.

Okay, maybe you have to be someone who thinks my husband is cute to think that was funny, but I just had to share that with some "Sam" fans. I'll let you people know if he starts counting her ribbons the next time she's in dress uniform.
      "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
        *sighs* Not to be negative, because I'd love to have seen her leading a heck of a lot more in S8, but probably not. Only when it serves TPTB getting the story arcs going for the new characters and new threads... and my gut feeling (which I'm trying to ignore until early August when we'll start to see the eps where AT returns) is that TPTB want Mitchell as leader.

But... I didn't stop in tonight to dampen anyone's enthusiasm for Sam... Just wanted to make a contribution or two or three...

For me it's been hard to pick which character I like best, Sam or Jack. Guess I can say, Sam is my favorite female character and Jack my favorite male. But I've appreciated (for the most part) how Sam was written and how AT portrayed her. Thank goodness that we finally live in an era where having a strong but compassionate warrior and scientist, who just happened to be female, does not seem out of the ordinary or something to be ridiculed.... And I always appreciated that for Sam to do this seemed so normal and acceptable and attainable.

But anyhoo... my reason for being here...If no one minds…. I was going through my caps for Season 1 – 6 and came across a number (quite a number! ) that catch the beauty of AT, her humor, her upbeat, outgoing personality, and the strength of her character, and some that I just plain out think were great shots. I won’t post them all this evening (only had the time to scrub up a few of the raw caps...) - just a few from Seasons 1-3. If no one objects I'll scrub up the rest another evening & post them… (I still haven’t finished watching/capping my S7 DVD's & the last 4 eps of S6, but so far there’s about 60-ish caps from that are really wonderful...)

From S1:

The Nox
        Great post, ShimeringStar!
        And what a wonderful pic! That smile put a smile on *my* face!
        Thanks for sharing it with us!

Great screen caps, Shimmering! I especially like the one from Crystal Skull
        Originally posted by LOL4JACK
        If I may address the court , I found this picture today on the Scifi channel's website and thought you might like it.

Great pic, LOL4Jack!
        Originally posted by majorsal
        i want to respond to the rest of this post now. i've been thinking (i can do that and type at the same time! ).....

what if --

mitchell's in charge while sam's away. when sam returns, she 'can't' have sg1 because she's still with area 51? not that she's on loan from them, only that she's working two places at once. BUT, when she's on sg1, SHE'S the LEADER? could i handle that? yes. i'd prefer her to have sg1 completely, all the time, but... as long as sam's not losing sg1 because the writers feel a guy *has* to lead it...

i still want sam to lead sg1, but i could handle the 'i'll take lead when i'm there and sg1 is on a mission'.

thoughts?

sally
        I'm with you Sal... Sam should be in charge if/when she goes out on a mission with Mitchell and/or the rest of SG-1.
        hi, joe,

odd question. does amanda know how many ppl are rooting for sam/amanda? if not, would you mind passing along our interest?

sally
        Wonderful, wonderful post, Sally!
        let's play a game!

sam carter, from A to Z.

a - absolute devotion to her loved ones and teammates.

b - beautiful.

c - colonel (by deepspace)

Courageous
        Considerate
        Crafty
        Captivating
        Clever
        Cool (by Uber)

D- Dedicated

E - Enthusiastic
        Great game!
        Originally posted by Rogue
        Thank goodness. Sam's character took such a hit on the "get a life" story line. Couldn't they have found another way to get Sam and Jack together. Why did they have to make Sam look bad in the process. Jack came out smelling like a rose.
        I agree Rogue! And - love your sig pic every time I see it
        Originally posted by PsychoPenguin

Hubby and I were watching our tape of Friday night's "SG1" the other night, when out of the blue he says, "You know, I think Carter's getting promoted faster than I am."

I kind of sat there for a minute, and then broke out laughing like you wouldn't believe. The expression on his face...I know he was joking, but he managed to actually look threatened and offended. It was so cute!

After I caught my breath, I said, "Well, you know the actress who plays her is pushing forty."

He immediately straightened back up and said, "Oh, she's on track then. That's okay." And I laughed again.

Okay, maybe you have to be someone who thinks my husband is cute to think that was funny, but I just had to share that with some "Sam" fans. I'll let you people know if he starts counting her ribbons the next time she's in dress uniform.
        LOL! How about if you point out that she had to save the world several times... die once... get Goa'ulded... get tortured by Fifth... get tortured by Niirti... get her brain fried by the Entity... get her brain fried several times with ribbon devices... have an Ascended try to meld with her without any preparation (Ascension)... get electrocuted several times... It's sort of like being continually on the front lines of active field duty - and promotions and such go faster during such action...

---
        And... Love the tongue-in-cheek banter between Deepspace and Uber
        ---

Comment

After chatting with Uber last night, I thought it was time she was given another Royal title... but I thought I should put it up for a vote first. She's definitely earned this one in my opinion. I've made her a new banner just in case everyone agrees with me. What do you think??

KAT

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            After chatting with Uber last night, I thought it was time she was given another Royal title... but I thought I should put it up for a vote first. She's definitely earned this one in my opinion. I've made her a new banner just in case everyone agrees with me. What do you think??

KAT
            LOL - 1s4S I may need to barrow those cleaning supplies to clean my screen

Über you got to admit this is (OT - after our talk last night you should hear the CD I got today )
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoPenguin

Here let me help with the ribbon counting

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

KAT
                LOL!!

Comment

wow, they actually got them the same two times in a row!!

i'm impressed
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    wow, they actually got them the same two times in a row!!

i'm impressed
                    What do you mean Skydiver - are you saying my ribbons on my dress uniform don't always look the same - we got it right 3 in a row

Comment

Caption it!

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                        Caption it!

NC
                        oh my GOD!!!

you mean that camera was on????
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Caption it!

NC
                          Oh my god. I forgot to buy blue jello at the store today!
                          sigpic

Comment

Caption it!

NC

Woah... Teal'c... I never knew!
                            The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                            |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Caption it!

NC
                              AT's reaction upone reading PDL's newest scrip

AT: Oh No - No Way - If you want to create another RepliCarter you can use the film from last time you are not putting that cold jelly on me again!! I don't care what PDL wants.

Comment

Caption it!

NC
                                Sam: No blue jello? Then I'm not staying!

Reply: Wa wa wa wa (sounds like adults on a Peanuts cartoon)

Sam: I don't care if the Stargate is malfunctioning and the dialing program needs an upgrade. It's always having problems... I fix it and then folks screw around with it and it gets messed up and I have to go in and fix it again.

Reply: Wa wa wa wa

Sam: Blue jello ameliorates the issue.

Reply: Wa wa wa?

Sam: How? (Then she technobabbles for awhile).

Reply: Err... wa wa wa wa wa.

Sam: Simplify? Sure... blue jello on base, and the gate gets fixed. No blue jello on base, the gate doesn't get fixed. (nice innocent smile)

Reply: Wa wa wa wa wa. (translation: the stores are all currently out of blue jello... there has apparently been an anomalous run on it that the manufacturers were not expecting)

Sam: (looks unmoved at the beaurocratic excuse)

Daniel chimes in: I, um, have heard that some may be coming in the mail.

Comment

Working...
                                X