Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trio
    Spoiler:
    We get Carter, we get whumped Carter, oh, and we get whumped Carter! Sam was awesome!
    Loved the Carter/McKay/Keller interaction! A very fun episode for me to watch!
    Oh, and we get whumped Carter!

Originally posted by atfan View Post
    Hey guys ever wonder if when Sam was really concentrating and biting her lip she was doing it as part of the scene or if it was actually Amanda doing it. Here is a link to a little funny conversation where Amanda and Damian are talking about writing for Sanctuary.
    Spoiler:
    http://stagethree.vo.llnwd.net/o15/content/Promo/WritersRoom_Damian_and_Amanda.mov

enjoy and squee for the cuteness that is Amanda.

try this link instead sorry the other one didn't work http://stagethree.vo.llnwd.net/o15/c...and_Amanda.mov
    Thanks for this!
    "My character wouldn't say that!" lol
    And the singing at the end... LOL
    I think your right about the biting of the lip thing.

my ships

Comment

Originally posted by atfan View Post
      Hey guys ever wonder if when Sam was really concentrating and biting her lip she was doing it as part of the scene or if it was actually Amanda doing it. Here is a link to a little funny conversation where Amanda and Damian are talking about writing for Sanctuary.
      Spoiler:
      http://stagethree.vo.llnwd.net/o15/content/Promo/WritersRoom_Damian_and_Amanda.mov

enjoy and squee for the cuteness that is Amanda.

try this link instead sorry the other one didn't work http://stagethree.vo.llnwd.net/o15/c...and_Amanda.mov
      That was way cool! Thanks!

S

Comment

I have to say that I was watching Trio last night and I just loved it! I loved seeing Sam again and this was true Sam I think!!!!

So...that's it....to avoid using the spoiler tags.... I highly recommend it!

S

Comment

My 2 cents on Trio: It was certainly food for the starving Sam fan as Sally put it.
          Spoiler:
          I thought Sam kept everyone focused well(even with a broken leg) --not by bullying but by quiet leadership. Sometimes all she had to say was "Rodney" to get him derailed from one of his rants. Ex) She gave Rodney a chance with the grappling hook thing & instead of yelling at him that he can't throw when he missed, quietly said to him (presumably out of Keller's earshot) "apparently you can't." She jumped in and turned off the gas when the thing blew. I thought she should have had some burns from that, actually. Then just took over with throwing the hook up. Great moment. Loved KEller's look of awe.
          I only had 2 quibbles with the Sam parts. When she tells Rodney she can't help pull Keller up. I thought it was unclear why she couldn't help at all. I assume it was because with the broken leg she couldn't get any leverage, but I thought it could have been better presented. Also I would have liked to see Sam in the infirmary or brought in on a stretcher or something. And Keller didn't mention what happened with the internal bleeding. Did she not have it after all or did they stop it? I would have liked a statement on that in with the "they're resetting her leg" (ouch!) line. Actually 3 quibbles--the line about Zelenka. I wish she had said something like "well, he's not much of a conversationalist" or something to explain her comment about being stuck with him.

Yay Sam! Yay AT!

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
            I liked Sam best with Daniel, Jack and Teal'c.
            I'm a real classic team fan at heart. The characters (not to mention the actors) all played off each other so well, it was magic.

Someone on lj had an icon of this picture, which I think is lovely and I have never seen before. They got it from MSOL and I can't find it anywhere else. Any Sam fans have a bigger better scan?

FF
            This is one of my all-time favorite group shots as well. I even went so far as calling Legends to see if they had it. The person I spoke with said they did sell it at one time, but they accidently sold the master copy and now they can't reproduce it anymore. Shame really, because I would have loved to own a copy, signed or unsigned.

Comment

Okay I only read the posts on this last page (4230) and those about Trio lead me to believe that I will be in the very small minority here but since this is about Sam I will go ahead with it here and if anyone gets mad - so be it:

TRIO - I do believe it would have been impossible for me to be any more disappointed in this episode. I could not believe that they would actually take an off-world opportunity with Carter and all of that time with Carter (when so many other eps had been so limited in what they could do with her) and give us this dreck. It ws puerile and useless at best.

Spoiler:
              Yes maybe Carter was strong as a leader which it took a lot for me to see but it was there after you pushed through the pre-pubescent Rodney crap, the Keller in peril is scared crap and the absolutely waste of time on who each would make out if they had to - OMG please deliver me from this crap. At least now I know better what the conversation in the writer's room sounds like because that is pretty much all I kept thinking - this must be the way these people talk on-set (and that is directed at everyone writers, directors, producers, actors, etc.)

They could not have given Carter a meaty role off-world that would clearly have highlighted her leadership qualities by confronting an ambush by an enemy and having to keep the disaterously bad duo of Rodney and Keller alive, out of trouble, focused while also fighting the enemy - no we had to listen to Rodney go on about their (Carter and Keller's) bodies which just about had me ready to throw-up - and worse than this little ridiculous rant we had to listen to him insult Carter with that crap about 10 year old boys and then when he went ahead and mentioned it a second time -- I swear if he had been standing in front of me I would have lit him up for that one. That stuff with the kids was so useless and just filler for Rodney's crudeness it was embarrassing (I imagine the conversation like this "how can we set-up a comment by McKay about Carter's boobs? Oooh I know let's have a couple of young boys come upon the hole and then Rodney let's loose his 10 year old personality".)

OMG I am so disappointed that this actually makes me very happy that Carter will no longer be part of this show on a regular basis if this is the best they could come up with for an ep that finally focused on her -- we got at least 30 minuts of Carter on-screen and it IMO was wasted, just wasted. IMO it certainly did no do much for her leadership role or any arc in the show and it once again, IMO, showed McKay in a horrible light and before this I thought Keller was okay and could stand her but boy was I wrong this just killed Keller for me - I am so disappointed.

I did give this show a chance but I can see the same nonsense that brought SG-1 down has permeated SGA in many ways. I was so looking forward to a strong leader ep showing Carter in full-bird hero mode and we get who would you make out with in a pinch, and show 'em your boobs, and that crap with the Zalenka comment which just made her look bad (and the other 2 as well when you heard and saw what they had to say about him - Keller's facial expression said it all). I almost spit at the TV when she admitted she was not thinking about how to get out she was focused on not screaming and also the part after she fell the second time she actually utters the words we're in trouble as if she was giving up (more a line I would have expected from McKay or Keller not Carter after her 10 years of facing death, at times actually dying and coming back, saving the world umpteen times, etc.) - how low can they go with Carter - even as a greenie to the gate travel when she was in Solitudes you never saw a hint of "I give up" never mind having it verbally put out there by Carter, twice in one episode.

The only suspense left at the end of the day was how many more times did they contemplate sending Carter 20 feet in the air to let her drop. Aside from that I kept wondering how could they each fall at least 20 ft at least twice and not have a visisble scratch especially with all that wood from the crates splintering all over the place.

Yes Carter was smart and focused and tried darn hard but the writing, the circumstances and the setting were just horrendous when you think of what they could have done with ATs time in this one. I get they all thought this was great fun - I am sure, based on what we hear and read about how they all get along on the set, that they did have fun filming this, etc., unfortunately having fun filming does not translate into a well-written show. OMG I am so disappointed. No offense to anyone that liked this ep - it has been a long time since there was anything focused on Carter so from that aspect . . . .

Comment

Whump whump!

Captures from Trio.....

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc View Post
                  Okay I only read the posts on this last page (4230) and those about Trio lead me to believe that I will be in the very small minority here but since this is about Sam I will go ahead with it here and if anyone gets mad - so be it:

TRIO - I do believe it would have been impossible for me to be any more disappointed in this episode. I could not believe that they would actually take an off-world opportunity with Carter and all of that time with Carter (when so many other eps had been so limited in what they could do with her) and give us this dreck. It ws puerile and useless at best.

Spoiler:
                  Yes maybe Carter was strong as a leader which it took a lot for me to see but it was there after you pushed through the pre-pubescent Rodney crap, the Keller in peril is scared crap and the absolutely waste of time on who each would make out if they had to - OMG please deliver me from this crap. At least now I know better what the conversation in the writer's room sounds like because that is pretty much all I kept thinking - this must be the way these people talk on-set (and that is directed at everyone writers, directors, producers, actors, etc.)

They could not have given Carter a meaty role off-world that would clearly have highlighted her leadership qualities by confronting an ambush by an enemy and having to keep the disaterously bad duo of Rodney and Keller alive, out of trouble, focused while also fighting the enemy - no we had to listen to Rodney go on about their (Carter and Keller's) bodies which just about had me ready to throw-up - and worse than this little ridiculous rant we had to listen to him insult Carter with that crap about 10 year old boys and then when he went ahead and mentioned it a second time -- I swear if he had been standing in front of me I would have lit him up for that one. That stuff with the kids was so useless and just filler for Rodney's crudeness it was embarrassing (I imagine the conversation like this "how can we set-up a comment by McKay about Carter's boobs? Oooh I know let's have a couple of young boys come upon the hole and then Rodney let's loose his 10 year old personality".)

OMG I am so disappointed that this actually makes me very happy that Carter will no longer be part of this show on a regular basis if this is the best they could come up with for an ep that finally focused on her -- we got at least 30 minuts of Carter on-screen and it IMO was wasted, just wasted. IMO it certainly did no do much for her leadership role or any arc in the show and it once again, IMO, showed McKay in a horrible light and before this I thought Keller was okay and could stand her but boy was I wrong this just killed Keller for me - I am so disappointed.

I did give this show a chance but I can see the same nonsense that brought SG-1 down has permeated SGA in many ways. I was so looking forward to a strong leader ep showing Carter in full-bird hero mode and we get who would you make out with in a pinch, and show 'em your boobs, and that crap with the Zalenka comment which just made her look bad (and the other 2 as well when you heard and saw what they had to say about him - Keller's facial expression said it all). I almost spit at the TV when she admitted she was not thinking about how to get out she was focused on not screaming and also the part after she fell the second time she actually utters the words we're in trouble as if she was giving up (more a line I would have expected from McKay or Keller not Carter after her 10 years of facing death, at times actually dying and coming back, saving the world umpteen times, etc.) - how low can they go with Carter - even as a greenie to the gate travel when she was in Solitudes you never saw a hint of "I give up" never mind having it verbally put out there by Carter, twice in one episode.

The only suspense left at the end of the day was how many more times did they contemplate sending Carter 20 feet in the air to let her drop. Aside from that I kept wondering how could they each fall at least 20 ft at least twice and not have a visisble scratch especially with all that wood from the crates splintering all over the place.

Yes Carter was smart and focused and tried darn hard but the writing, the circumstances and the setting were just horrendous when you think of what they could have done with ATs time in this one. I get they all thought this was great fun - I am sure, based on what we hear and read about how they all get along on the set, that they did have fun filming this, etc., unfortunately having fun filming does not translate into a well-written show. OMG I am so disappointed. No offense to anyone that liked this ep - it has been a long time since there was anything focused on Carter so from that aspect . . . .
                  I can see where you're coming from, and I also agree that certain parts could have been written better, but
                  Spoiler:

-I saw the McKay boobs thing as being totally McKay. He's always had this adolescent crush on Carter that makes him act more like an idiot than usual
                  - The Zalenka comment, I think, showed how she really is human, and fallible, and is still learning her new command. It did make her look bad, but you could tell she was trying to backpedal. She was under stress, and said something that would have been fine back on SG-1, but was inappropriate for a commander to say. I actually thought it was somewhat realistic. This is still a new command for her. And you've gotta remember who her role model as a commander was!!
                  -In "Solitudes" actually, she did say "We're in trouble", then had O'Neill, who was a multi decade veteran of horrendous circumstances, echo the statement. It wasn't giving up then, and it wasn't giving up this time, either. It was a simple statement of fact.
                  -I thought Keller did well in this ep. We still don't know a lot about her, but we do know she's not really one for a lot of daredevil action stuff (yet.). I liked how she stood up to Rodney, though. She's learning to move past her fears (going up on the beams when she's scared of heights). The only thing that bugged me was that she was kinda shipping with Rodney when she just kissed Ronon a couple of eps ago.

But I do agree that Sam was different in this ep than she was on SG-1. I don't know that I agreed with the writers making her not be able to get up. A broken leg wouldn't have stopped her from helping before. Maybe it was the internal bleeding thing. But seeing her heave that grappling hook 25 feet into the air was way cool!!

sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                  Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                    I would have loved Sam leading a battle too but that doesn't make Trio any less enjoyable for me.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                      Whump whump!

Captures from Trio.....

Spoiler:

I've officially been inspired to write another "beat the crap out of Carter" story!!
                      sigpic

"The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-colored flags!" -Amanda Tapping

SG-1 FanFiction
                      Sanctuary Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                        This is one of my all-time favorite group shots as well. I even went so far as calling Legends to see if they had it. The person I spoke with said they did sell it at one time, but they accidently sold the master copy and now they can't reproduce it anymore. Shame really, because I would have loved to own a copy, signed or unsigned.
                        Thanks for that info.
                        What a shame, it's a lovely photo of them all. It's the same photo shoot with Chris laughing and RDA and Amanda holding hands, but I don't like MS in that shot, he looks too melancholy, I prefer this one of the four of them.
                        Still, if I bought it, it would only live in a drawer, I have mostly original art on my walls, mine and others, rather than photos. But I would have liked to see a bigger copy.

FF
                        sigpic

Comment

TRIO - I do believe it would have been impossible for me to be any more disappointed in this episode.

Spoiler:
                          Yes maybe Carter was strong as a leader which it took a lot for me to see but it was there after you pushed through the pre-pubescent Rodney crap...
                          OMG I am so disappointed that this actually makes me very happy that Carter will no longer be part of this show on a regular basis if this is the best they could come up with for an ep that finally focused on her -- we got at least 30 minuts of Carter on-screen and it IMO was wasted, just wasted.

I almost spit at the TV when she admitted she was not thinking about how to get out she was focused on not screaming and also the part after she fell the second time she actually utters the words we're in trouble as if she was giving up (more a line I would have expected from McKay or Keller not Carter after her 10 years of facing death,
                          {major snips for space} Thanks for sharing your POV, bink. You make good points particularly about
                          Spoiler:
                          Rodney. If they had cut some of his juvenile behavior they might have had time for other things. And I didn't like how they handled the part you mention that I've highlighted. First she won't take the morphine so she can think clearly--very Sam. But then she says she can't help b/c of the pain. Now if they wanted to show Rodney running off at the mouth at an inappropriate moment, what I would have preferred is something like Keller is setting her leg & Rodney's running off at the mouth. Sam could say "excuse me, getting my leg set here." I also don't really see Sam playing that game with Keller. I think they were going for bonding, but it felt a little off.

Yes Carter was smart and focused and tried darn hard but the writing, the circumstances and the setting were just horrendous when you think of what they could have done with ATs time in this one.
                          Maybe my standards have become low? There were moments where
                          Spoiler:
                          it was clear they were trying to take Carter out of the equation to set things up for Rodney to save the day perhaps.
                          So hungry for Carter that I take what I can get? There were some issues with it, but I did enjoy it.

I get they all thought this was great fun - I am sure, based on what we hear and read about how they all get along on the set, that they did have fun filming this, etc., unfortunately having fun filming does not translate into a well-written show.
                          Very true.
                          Last edited by jckfan55; 09 February 2008, 10:09 AM. Reason: fix quotes

Comment

I need to go watch Trio I think this is going to be the only thing to make me feel better. Some Sam.
                            sigpic-
                            +I thought I was a fool for no one
                            but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Thoughts on Trio:

Spoiler:
                              Overall, I liked the show quite a bit. A little humor, a little suspense, a little action, a little Sam whump (first time in my life I've used that word ), and a little character development and interaction. Most importantly, a whole lot of Sam

However, I wouldn't rate the episode a 10/10 and I've been trying to figure out why. It left me wanting ....something..... more, and I just feel like something was missing or was a little 'off'.

This feeling reminds of the episode in Season 10 with all of the Ba'als running around the SGC. The writers had a joke ("I hear you got a lot of Ba'als") and they wanted to write an episode around the joke. This episode feels the same way.

The writers had a joke ("Show them your....") and made up the rest of the episode around that joke. But, they didn't seem to polish the script as there were some out of character moments that left a bad taste in my mouth (Zalenka, Sam's reaction to Rodney when she was hurt-'trying not to scream', etc.) Nothing major, but just enough for only an 8 or 9 out of 10.

Then again, maybe I had my hopes up way too high because I knew this was a Sam-heavy episode. I thought the actors did well with the material. I was hoping to feel as pumped after Trio and I was after BAMSR. I wasn't. I just feel happy to see a bit of Sam.

Good episode and performances overall.

Comment

i kinda agree

trio
                                Spoiler:

had its high points. keller/sam/rodney have some chemistry, but sometimes i felt it was forced. like they were competing with each other to see who got their snark on.

i liked sam 'saving' them once, but then even i got shades of 'super carter'. I liked how they all took their turns having ideas, then felt like the writers were keeping score to make sure that no one person was hte hero.

it was fun but...kinda flat overall.

at the end of it, no one really seemed to learn anything or to grow in any way. they jsut spent 6 hours in a hole, made it back - relatively - in one piece and i bet you dollars to donuts, next week, there'll be no mention at all that sam was even hurt
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X