• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
    OR...

Spoiler:

Maybe she's just the favorite.

LOL. I'm just joking, so please don't throw fruit at me or hit me with wet noodles.

If you grew up in my family that comment would have been hysterical.

I've spent my entire life dealing with a middle sister who signs everything as 'Your smartest, most witty, most intelligent, most favorite sister/daughter/granddaughter."

It's become such the norm that the other day I was speaking to my father and when I asked to speak to mom, he jokingly said 'Your most favorite daughter wants to speak to you' and my mom picked up the phone and said 'Hey Stac!' Oh well. Guess you had to be there.

As you were.

Don't worry - I fully get your humour Your family sure sounds like they'd get on well with mine.
    Last edited by RealmOfX; 24 January 2007, 08:48 PM. Reason: spelling
    -

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
      SGA
      Spoiler:
      How can Sam lead Atlantis, when apparently she's still with SG-1 and fighting the Ori(movies). I doubt they'll let her run off to the Pegasus galaxy when she is so valuable to the Ori fight. Especially given what she learned how to do in TRNT-conceal the entire planet. Sam's got a lot of knowledge they might not want to let go of-that they'd be foolish to. And I just don't like the idea of Sam behind a desk. They did say she was coming in a ship-so I am hoping she is a ship commander. Still, that takes her away from Earth for long periods of time as well. So I'm still .
      I've been thinking about that same thing L.A., this is what I've come up with.
      Spoiler:
      Season 10/3 starts in April and won't finish until June-July, so I bet season 4 starts later than the traditional July release. The movies are due out in the fall, and the Ori are dealt with in the first movie. The second movie involves a trip on a ship (IMO, Sam's ship), so Sam could be taking SG-1 on their mission. I personally don't think Sam will be a member of the team any more. I think she'll be in command of a ship, and that will allow her to be on SGA and a part of each years SG-1. (Ship commanders don't get a lot of play time on SGA, so the 4 day schedule makes sense here.) I agree with you that she won't be leading Atlantis, at least not full time for the long run. I wouldn't be suprised if she didn't have to take command temporarily, but I can't see her staying behind a desk. She'll take charge, do what needs to be done, and help the new (or better yet old) leader take over. Hey, otherwise, we might get an SG-1 movie without the most important character then who'd bother watching it?

I loved Amanda's letter, and I can't wait until next week!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
        I love your mind and I'd be thrilled. Please make it so.

Frankly since they're not splitting their attention anymore between 40 eps per series, I'm expecting higher quality shows and a real solid blending of plot and character development.

So...how naive am I???
        About as naive as me?? I don't think so, it's a reasonable expection. Nothing wrong with hoping for it.

Of course my cynical side is going
        *look what they did over the last 3 years*

*tells various voices in my head to shut up*
        -

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
          I've been thinking about that same thing L.A., this is what I've come up with.
          Spoiler:
          Season 10/3 starts in April and won't finish until June-July, so I bet season 4 starts later than the traditional July release. The movies are due out in the fall, and the Ori are dealt with in the first movie. The second movie involves a trip on a ship (IMO, Sam's ship), so Sam could be taking SG-1 on their mission. I personally don't think Sam will be a member of the team any more. I think she'll be in command of a ship, and that will allow her to be on SGA and a part of each years SG-1. (Ship commanders don't get a lot of play time on SGA, so the 4 day schedule makes sense here.) I agree with you that she won't be leading Atlantis, at least not full time for the long run. I wouldn't be suprised if she didn't have to take command temporarily, but I can't see her staying behind a desk. She'll take charge, do what needs to be done, and help the new (or better yet old) leader take over. Hey, otherwise, we might get an SG-1 movie without the most important character then who'd bother watching it?

I loved Amanda's letter, and I can't wait until next week!

You both raised some good points
          *adds more to pondering lists*

All I know is that
          Spoiler:
          I don't want to see ANY SG-1 without Sam being a significant part of the team

For the first time in a long while I too am looking eagerly forward to the next episode.
          *goes off grumbling*
          *they better not disappoint me*

-

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
            You both raised some good points
            *adds more to pondering lists*

All I know is that
            Spoiler:

For the first time in a long while I too am looking eagerly forward to the next episode.
            *goes off grumbling*
            *they better not disappoint me*

I agree with you completely. It's just a hunch, and if
            Spoiler:
            she isn't in the 3rd movie then there'd better be no third movie.

Comment

I love your mind and I'd be thrilled. Please make it so.

Frankly since they're not splitting their attention anymore between 40 eps per series, I'm expecting higher quality shows and a real solid blending of plot and character development.

So...how naive am I???
              About the same as me. I so want to look forward to S4.

suse
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                Spoilers spoilers spoilers When is this episode coming on!! *head desk* Wants to push the spoiler tags... but so far resisting ... [SIZE="1"]well ok I did look at one or two spoilers
                Resistance is futile.

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                Hey guys, know this isn't totally on topic (well, at all really) but wanted to introduce a brand new SamCarter fan in my family! lol Well, he kinda is...

This is DOLBY... and he was 8 wks old as of Saturday.

Huge Stargate fan already I tells ya.

Hugs!
                GEEK
                Awww, pugs are the best.

I think we do agree though golfbooy.

Because
                Spoiler:
                I don't think they think that Atlantis will go on forever and ever thanks to there magnificent changes...but I do think that they need to make it work long enough to seal the deal for more movies and for their third series.

Regardless...I want to make it clear that should there be more SG-1 movies in the future, regardless of how SGA is doing, I want Sam with the team. Period.
                Spoiler:
                I just think it'd be a whoot if the show exceeded their expectations and it would be a boon for Amanda, who'd get the benefits of a regular schedule/income plus a lot of bargaining power.
                SG1 without Sam? Inconceivable.

I am counting on the theory you placed in the last spoiler.

All I know is that
                Spoiler:

Hear, Hear!

And thank you, everyone, for the heads up on Amanda's letter. I've had a hard time going back to the site until now.

YAY! What a nice letter - it was sad and glad, but I am so happy she will have the time she wants with her family and continue working on something she likes. One more week until news regarding the upcoming project? Can't wait!

Best of all, loved Amanda's attitude of gratitude!
                Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                Quint Studer

Comment

I was thinking about the pics from TRNT...and the fact Sam has grown so much from the young captain she was. She really looks SO young in the first 2 or so seasons.

She was beautiful then, but Sam must be like Jack...only better with age!

Comment

What a fantastic message from Amanda. It reminds me (again) why I continue to adore that woman.

She just seems to be so well-rounded and so balanced in her life and thinking. As sad as I was for her that she lost her brother, I am pleased that she was able to experience a measure of joy and comfort from meeting the people who Steven's life touched and I'm thankful she shared that with us via her site.

I'm also so sad to hear about Abbie. I know what it's like to lose a beloved four-legged family member. That being said, I am delighted for her that they have a new member of the family...GEORGE!!! Okay. Does anyone else want to see a snap shot of this little cutie or is it just me? Anyone??? Anyone??????

And then of course we get to her professional life...which is so exciting I just can't even begin to express my glee as a fan: The SG-1 movies, the project that it looks as though she'll share more about soon (although we've figured out bits and pieces) and of course her move to the Pegasus galaxy.

Well, okay, Amanda's not moving to the Pegasus galaxy...but Carter is.

I love how she read what she said and realized it sounded like a cold and totally less than enthusiastic response...or worse...that it was something she was potentially dreading. I'm glad she clarified her position on this matter.

See...I'm in complete agreement with what she said about moving to SGA with one minor exception. "Atlantis isn't her show"...yet. Carter is obviously first and foremost known for her 10 year run on SG-1...but Atlantis is a whole new adventure for her...and when she goes, she'll become a part of their adventure too. Sam will experience a rebirth of sorts, being in a new place with new responsibilities and new relationships...and that's exciting. So sure, for the moment, it's not her show...but soon, she will become a part of that tale, and I think it can only mean good things for the show, for the character and for Amanda herself.

On a side note...I think the fact that she's nervous about her being there adds weight to my belief that Carter will be going to
                    Spoiler:
                    lead the Atlantis expedition.
                    Otherwise, what need would there be for her trepidation? It looks as though they do have something specific in mind and have had so for quite some time...and now with SG-1 off the air, they now have a chance to tell it.

I end with this...I boundlessly respect her for being so incredibly sensitive to the feelings of fans who believe she's trouncing on their territory. She'd never want that and even though she knows some people will feel that way regardless, she's still the type of person who will come out and say just the right thing, giving insight into the true depth of her humility and grace.

One thing's for certain...that woman has class oozing out of her pores.
                    I've just read her letter on her site and found myself smileling, wanting to hug her and nodding to myself as i read her words because here is a woman shareing with her fans some of her deep thoughts and feelings about her family, her career and her fans, it really does touch me deeply when ever i read anything that Amanda has written. ((((((Amanda))))))) one very special human being!
                    ......TARA......

Comment

Hey, just saw new addition to the body of Amanda's letter - she is doing a performance in Toronto! I may have lost part of my mind, but I don't think the Toronto performance was mentioned when I read the letter earlier this afternoon... or was it?

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts/AmandaSite/
                      Last edited by tagger; 24 January 2007, 10:10 PM.
                      Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                      Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                        Hey, just saw new addition to the body of Amanda's letter - she is doing a performance in Toronto! I may have lost part of my mind, but I don't think the Toronto performance was mentioned when I read the letter earlier this afternoon... or was it?

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts/AmandaSite/
                        Nope I don't think you are losing your mind... It wasn't there when I read the message the first time either... Thanks for letting us know!

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583 View Post
                          I've just read her letter on her site and found myself smileling, wanting to hug her and nodding to myself as i read her words because here is a woman shareing with her fans some of her deep thoughts and feelings about her family, her career and her fans, it really does touch me deeply when ever i read anything that Amanda has written. ((((((Amanda))))))) one very special human being!
                          Yeah me too and like ForeverSG1 I'm not a hugger. I am glad she will get the chance to stay at home and work (instead of communting to another city)... and of course spend more time with her family! After ten years of long work hours I'm glad she is given the chance to breath a little... at least I think she will get the chance to breath depending on her new project. Which I hope is a huge success!

Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, you brought up a couple of things I hadn't thought about.

Spoiler:
                            I hadn't thought about Torri's shorter work schedule and it's implications.
                            Like I said before I don't want Sam to be put in Weir's position if they don't address the existing problems with the show. When I first heard about Sam going to Atlantis (way back before SG-1 got cancelled) I was really against it because I saw it as a way to sideline her so the boys could play with their "new toys". I guess my problem is that while I can see big potential for Sam in Atlantis I really don't trust TPTB to make a go of it.

*goes off to ponder a few things*
                            I'm in the same boat as you RoX. But I'm really willing to be proven wrong here. I'd like to think that they improve upon the decisions they made over a year ago, and move forward with that in mind. It seems that it's always been short-sightedness (not seeing through to a developed resolution for an episode; not seeing an arc all the way through; not giving a character a chance to develop, mature and grow; focusing on newshinytoys) that's gotten them into trouble in the past.

I just don't want Sam to be a new, shiny toy for them. That'd be such a waste of talent, opportunity and potential.

Comment

Hello!

Thanks for the warm welcome I tried to read your comments but to be honest, I don't like wondering what happens later....

But I brought more beautiful but spoilery pics for you

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                question for ppl that saw 'the road not taken'

Spoiler:
                                the ausam was killed... did anyone grieve for her? i mean *really* grieve?

i just can't stand the idea of any sam dying... this just suddenly popped into my head.

((()))

sally

Not really. This is what I answered in the episode thread:
                                Spoiler:
                                Given the way the military dictatorship dropped alt-Cam-the-hero for speaking out and left him to wither away, they don't seem to value their people. Both alt-Cam and alt-Sam would be considered valuable assets in our universe, as well as valuable as people. In the alternative universe, they're not even considered valuable as assets if they don't tow the line or can be replaced.

And on another subject - I am totally pumped about Sam being on Atlantis. Utterly!
                                Last edited by scarimor; 25 January 2007, 12:30 AM.
                                scarimor

Comment

Working...
                                X