No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to throw in another post. Seeing my post number at 1, 666, gave me the creeps. I can also blame that number for that post Hehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by nihela
      Well she certainly didn't hook up with Thor
      ...Or DID she?

*smells a fanficcy comin'...*
      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
        CHOPIN GAL !

Comment

'unending'....

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
          Spoiler:

...and just to stay on topic, I think Teal'c had become much more than a shoulder to cry on for Sam as well. I'm sure shippers may want to believe that she stayed faithful to Jack till the bitter end, but forty years is a very long time to go without companionship and I think Teal'c would have been the most realistic companion for Sam. She would need his strength and patience to keep her going and I can easily see their friendship becoming much more through the years.

Spoiler:
          concerning d/v, i thought the scene was well done too. and really, daniel would have to get that out in the open before even trying to go further with someone like vala.

with that said, i'm not a real 'fan' of vala, because i feel her character actually hurt the show. and only because they made her there all the time and devoted so much character time to her (and made others react to her in a way that was out of character). and, seeing as i like daniel more, i'd have liked to have seen him get together with someone better. so while that scene was well done and believable, i still think they'd be rotten for each other.

on to sam and teal'c and 'unending'; i don't know what some of you are seeing, but i saw no evidence of any romantic minded behaviors between them. it never sparked something in me, even when i went back and double and triple checked their scenes together.

but as a friend of mine said, if you 'want' to believe they got together, you could take those scenes in a shippy way. i guess the sam/mitchell shippers could do the same. and the sam/landry shippers. and the sam/thor shippers. and the sam/cello shippers.

(btw, i sooo want to play the cello now! anyone have one they could send to me?)

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
            Just a little heads up thanks to prion for the 2nd Stargate movie:
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....5&postcount=38

Should make a few people happy I'd think

Oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please...

let that be solid information.
            sigpic

Comment

unending

Originally posted by pixiesio View Post
              Spoiler:
              Oh, and I'm sure that was there intent, but it was the way that they, yes, badly conveyed it. The things he said to her and how he said it jarred me and made me feel really bad for Vala. Then the writer/editor in me was rewriting that scene entirely in my head and having MS and even CB adjust their performances. Then I would have had less issues with the ep. Although I still don't think this ep fit as a series finale, at least for me.

Spoiler:
              i just rewatched that scene. there were a couple of beats where i felt ms played it a little too much/strong, but he still did a great job with it. maybe his vehemence is what made you feel off about it?

Spoiler:
              Again, this may be l'il ol' me, but her scene with Landry when he's dying. Why was she all alone with him? Why weren't the others there at Landry's side too as he died? There was no way they couldn't have known that he was close since Sam obviously did.

And, honestly, I never saw any emotional connection between their two characters, even before this ep, so it seemed off to me that she was that upset. Maybe there was supposed to be more stuff showing the in-between years between them, but they seemed to really only show, as far as one on one interactions, Cam and Landry. So without anything extra to show how close they supposedly got, it just felt like something was missing there. *shrug* If it had been Hammond or (heaven forbid ) Jack, oh heck yeah I could have understood her being so upset, but it wasn't, so..yeah.

Spoiler:
              i thought sam was so upset (besides seeing a friend die) because of her guilt. no matter how logical her reasons were for inducing the time bubble, i could imagine sam feeling the weight of guilt for getting them into all of this. and one of them died because of it.

i find myself thinking about this ep a lot. it kind of reminds me of 'meridian', in that it was beautifully handled yet extremely sad. this would not be an ep i'd pick to 'enjoy' myself with.

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                Just a little heads up thanks to prion for the 2nd Stargate movie:
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....5&postcount=38

Should make a few people happy I'd think
                YAY!!! The Jack/Teal'c ship will FINALLY get resolved!! Awesome!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

Spoiler:
                  Again, this may be l'il ol' me, but her scene with Landry when he's dying. Why was she all alone with him? Why weren't the others there at Landry's side too as he died? There was no way they couldn't have known that he was close since Sam obviously did.

And, honestly, I never saw any emotional connection between their two characters, even before this ep, so it seemed off to me that she was that upset.
                  Spoiler:
                  That was Carter's scene, not Landry's. It wasn't about their relationship, it was about her character development and about her story. It was also about a powerful moment of expression. It was believable in all those regards. I think you need to step away from it as a Sam/Landry moment and look into it as a Sam Carter moment entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                    Whoa there lassie. In this age of liberated woman, why is it that the man should make the first move? Woman are asking men out for dates nowadays. In a way it's both of their faults. I love the character of Sam but let's be fair here and not put all the blame on Jack. They may not have consumated their relationship at the cabin but it doesn't mean they aren't together. There's no proof saying they aren't in a relationship either .

By the way, an early Happy St. Paddy's Day to all those that celebrate it!
                    Not to keep this convo going any longer than it has to go, but I think it's always been important for them to show some kind of direct, obvious response from Jack.

As it stands, in the latter years, they made it seem like the S/J ship was one-sided, which has been pretty detrimental to the Sam Carter character in general. Those of us who love her already, are going to be able to get past that and move on. Those who might not be her biggest fans, but who otherwise would enjoy the character, might not be so forgiving.

So, if they ever mention ship again (and ONLY if they intend to settle it one way or another), I hope Jack's initiating the conversation/contact. Otherwise, I hope they never mention it ever again. Making it solely Sam's existential arc - with a few hems and haws on Jack's part along the way - did her absolutely no favors, imho.

I'm a Sam/Jack supporter (I've gotten to the point where I enjoy it in fanfic mostly), but I've really been disappointed with how TPTB handled that particular arc. In essence, they undermined the Carter character in many ways. Bringing it up again, without going at it 100% with the acting and the writing would do irreversible damage to her. At least in S9 and S10, she was able to somewhat escape that shadow of ship.

And, I'll be honest, as a long time S/J shipper, I never thought I'd say that.

That said, because Jack has seemed rather "meh" about the whole romantic deal in some ways (not all), I can see Teal'c going for it if he so desired. And, after a point of being broken and giving up, I could see Sam reciprocating. It probably won't be the most romantic thing in the world, but I see it being more of a spiritual bond anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                      It probably won't be the most romantic thing in the world, but I see it being more of a spiritual bond anyway.
                      Spiritual. Pfffft! Friends with benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                        YAY!!! The Jack/Teal'c ship will FINALLY get resolved!! Awesome!

Well, Chris did say that he'd like to see T carry O'Neill's baby.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
                          Well, Chris did say that he'd like to see T carry O'Neill's baby.
                          He's been keepin' the ole pouch warm, anyhow. I agree. Sam could be their doula.

Comment

He's been keepin' the ole pouch warm, anyhow. I agree. Sam could be their doula.

Where's scari's vomit smiley? I was hoping we'd never see T's pouch again. :|

Comment

Spiritual. Pfffft! Friends with benefits.
                              Tee Hee.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned menage a trois.
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                              William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                              Anon

Comment

*bounces excitedly*

After over a year of writing, I think the end is in sight. Wooooohoooo! I've got the chapter I'm working on (counselling), a chapter after that about time travel (it's Sam/Teal'c, folks!) and then I think I'm on the final chapter!

When I first plotted the story, there were 40 chapters, then I revised it to make 30. I posted 24 today and realised that a lot of the next six chapters had no real purpose. So I have three more chapters, as far as I'm concerned, then Shattered can finally be put to bed!

It's kind of weird in a way because I've been working on this for so long. When I first started this, I wanted it finished by Easter, then I decided to finish it by my graduation, then the deadline was Gabit. Somehow the months have slipped away so quickly and I find myself writing this fic from a new perspective.

When I first started writing, I was still hurting so much. The reason I started the project was because Mini and a few others were talking about rape and rape fics on this thread. It hurt me so much to even contemplate reading a fic. How could anyone ever write that as a fictitious story? After that, I challenged myself to read a few fics and found a lot of them to be so unrealistic, a glorification of such a terrible, horrifying issue. You see, Sam Carter, though a strong woman and incredibly smart, is a human being. And she would react just like any other human being. I found that rape was being used too much as a plot device for Sam and Jack to get together, or that it was all fluffy and I wanted to write something that was real and something that would help me in the process of writing it.

The reason it's taken so long so far is that it's been painful to write. It's bought up so many issues and memories for me, but it's helped me so much in the process. Now, though, things are so different for me. I'm happy, I'm safe, I'm able to go out without fear, I'm able to be normal. I have a girlfriend even though I never thought I'd be in a relationship again. Things are so, so incredibly different. And it's so strange and so rewarding to see this process in writing and... yeah.

Anyway, I've finished babbling now. Three more chapters. Then I'll present you with the finished product. You all told me to repost the link when I'd finished. I will do, I promise. And I'll make a huge fanfare about it.

I'm not the best fanfic writer in the world. Far from it, in fact. I'm not promising greatness from this fic, but I just wanted you all to know how important it is to me and stuff.

And as I get close to the finish mark, I want to say thanks to Myrth, Spaz, Mandy, Mini and others who have inspired, encouraged, helped and betad.

Gads... I do go on, don't I?!
                                Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X